The Tomas Plekanec Thread

Egghead1999

Nov 9, 2007
Honestly, I'm happy if he plays like a 35 year-old player who knows his place. It's much better then Patrick Marleau thinking he's still an 80 point scorer and just being a complete defensive liability.
mike babcock shall start sitting vet at 76~ 80 games :popcorn:

The Caveman

We are all the goat
Jan 14, 2007
Montreal, PQ
He hasn't been great but still too early to make any long term judgement. We'll see how much we like him during the playoffs, that's why we got him.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
unless he gets into conne smyth form in the playoffs, we have the worst trade made by current management. Which is a positive because its for a UFA 4C and it was 'only' a 2nd but its still a bad trade, i value 2nds. He offers nothing more than moore.

ive said it before i would of just given rychel and valiev to the habs they are nothing pieces but the 2nd stings

Reactions: IamruKusleaf

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
rs_450x258-130830160511-leaving.gif

hockeyes

Jun 15, 2013
Just like Boyle he'll have his few moments in the sun (hopefully) before parting ways in the summer with no lasting memories.

Moncherry

Feb 5, 2010
Just like Boyle he'll have his few moments in the sun (hopefully) before parting ways in the summer with no lasting memories.

Boyle was considerably better, perhaps not in terms of providing offence but he played his role well.

I defended the Plekanec trade at the time but I'll admit this looks like a waste of a draft pick. They need to get the 4th line C sorted out, can't afford to be spending a 2nd rounder every deadline. I think part of the problem is they want to go with a 'veteran' instead of just running with someone already in the system, which is also the mindset that has led to other so-so moves under Lamoriello.

frog

Apr 8, 2014
Canada
no player can do it all by themselves... except mathews, But kapanen and johnson are playing great, and plekanic is playing bad? They are all on the same line, i dont see the logic. If a line is doing good doesnt that mean the players are doing good. Plekanic is just hanging in the background while two of the fastest players are doing there thing. Maybe that is what makes the line so good. Plekanic has grown on me, he is smart and good at faceoffs and seems to be a great at being good at all the boring stuff while the two exciting kids are good at the exciting stuff. Not gonna comment on the other stuff

TMLeafs17

Why so salty?
Oct 5, 2017
no player can do it all by themselves... except mathews, But kapanen and johnson are playing great, and plekanic is playing bad? They are all on the same line, i dont see the logic. If a line is doing good doesnt that mean the players are doing good. Plekanic is just hanging in the background while two of the fastest players are doing there thing. Maybe that is what makes the line so good. Plekanic has grown on me, he is smart and good at faceoffs and seems to be a great at being good at all the boring stuff while the two exciting kids are good at the exciting stuff. Not gonna comment on the other stuff

Honestly, no. The two young speedsters are doing it 95% on their own. It’s really frustrating. Anything that touches Plek’s stick is dead.

Reactions: IamruKusleaf

frog

Apr 8, 2014
Canada
Honestly, no. The two young speedsters are doing it 95% on their own. It’s really frustrating. Anything that touches Plek’s stick is dead.
Plekanic set up Kapanen twice this game, also if the kids have the puck 95% of the time isnt that a good thing. Center is the most important position on a forward line and when that line why is all i notice is kapanen and johnson in the offensive zone? With skilled players like johnson and kapanen i wouldnt want the other player having the puck more than 5% of the time.

Reactions: meng666

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Looks good to me, doesn't get scored on much while making the 4th line look like a quality 3rd line with Kappy. They'll get some goals soon, the chances are coming.

OP... hahaha sauce?

Reactions: Cor and Rob Brown

Polaris1010

Mar 23, 2017
grandma's cellar
R U completely done with Turtle Hab , cuz I am , for real !
A couple of things.

Plekanec still playing safe. Since he has arrived, he never takes a chance. He still is in Montreal mode, where they do not play offense. Even Moore takes chances. Which is why he probably not playing.

The other thing is that he is a 35 year old 4th line center. Maybe we really don't want him to take a chance trying to score. It was a not a young Plekanec they traded for. He probably won't score in his entire stay in Toronto.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad