OT: The Thread About Nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.

RememberTheName

Conductor of the Schmid Bandwagon
Jan 5, 2016
On Earth
I would like to just say one thing. The chair umpire for yesterday’s match, is known for being a stickler for the rules, while others are much more lenient. He has given penalties for stuff like this to Nadal, Djokovic, and many others, so you cannot say that he is being sexist or biased, as he has made similar calls against men who were big name players as well

Reactions: BenedictGomez

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
I must say I'm pretty disappointed with how my teams football game went yesterday. Not because of how my guys played, but how poorly officiated it was and how the other team coached their players to hit my guys in the head.

There were about 4 or 5 questionable high hits, unnecessary helmet to helmet blindside blocks, and a few other late hits. I asked the officials why they aren't being called and was told to "shut the f*** up and put my f***in headset back on".

It is our job as coaches and officials to protect players and teach against these types plays. This is the exact reason football is dying. These hits caused two of my guys to go to the hospital and two others to be out the rest of the game and potentially miss next week.

I'm really pissed off and disappointed in the coaches on the other side not dialing their guys back being up 32-6 with 2 minutes left in the 4th quarter and hitting my back up QB in the head, and even worse, it not being called. At least, luckily he was fine.

You want football to die? Keep doing shit like that.

Darkauron

Jul 14, 2011
South Jersey
I must say I'm pretty disappointed with how my teams football game went yesterday. Not because of how my guys played, but how poorly officiated it was and how the other team coached their players to hit my guys in the head.

There were about 4 or 5 questionable high hits, unnecessary helmet to helmet blindside blocks, and a few other late hits. I asked the officials why they aren't being called and was told to "shut the **** up and put my ****in headset back on".

It is our job as coaches and officials to protect players and teach against these types plays. This is the exact reason football is dying. These hits caused two of my guys to go to the hospital and two others to be out the rest of the game and potentially miss next week.

I'm really pissed off and disappointed in the coaches on the other side not dialing their guys back being up 32-6 with 2 minutes left in the 4th quarter and hitting my back up QB in the head, and even worse, it not being called. At least, luckily he was fine.

You want football to die? Keep doing **** like that.

What the f***? That is HORRIBLE. I would have pulled all of the players off the field or something

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
What the ****? That is HORRIBLE. I would have pulled all of the players off the field or something

I would never do that because I don't want to teach my guys quitting on anything you do in life is okay. I would have to explain to all of my guys that I don't believe in them, even if player safety was the reason.

I just wish other coaches took the time to teach player safety like my coaches and I do.

RememberTheName

Conductor of the Schmid Bandwagon
Jan 5, 2016
On Earth
This whole thing is a f***ing joke holy shit. A f***ing embarrassment to the sport. Everything about Serena this, Serena that, Serena’s a f***ing inspiration by berating officials and threatening them, and saying it is standing up for gender equality and they do not say one god dam thing about how well Naomi played and how she absolutely whooped Serena’s ass. Can’t even follow the rule book. Why the hell even have a rule book, if none of the rules were meant to be followed according to these fangirls. Pisses me off to no end.

Sorry, rant over

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I made an art:

41409154_10117638093640844_1678303327550439424_n.jpg

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
Well, I don't really see that as a negative. She's a top athlete who is ultra competitive. It's probably how she got to the level she's at.
except she was proven wrong when her coach admitted to "coaching" her, which means ramos DIDN'T "steal" a point from her, and every violation she received was justified, despite her calls of "sexism", "racism", and bias against her being a mother

lets be honest - if the tables were turned, and osaka started complaining and pulling these cards, everyone would say she was being a sore loser and ruining serena's moment (though i don't think serena would really cry)

Reactions: BenedictGomez

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
I think it’s ridiculous that it’s seen as quite normal for a baseball manager to be screaming in an umps face to the point where he is spitting all over him. How that’s acceptable I will never know

It's not deemed acceptable though, they usually get thrown out and then are suspended for the next game and receive fines.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
It's not deemed acceptable though, they usually get thrown out and then are suspended for the next game and receive fines.

From my perspective, there seems to be a bizarre backlash to say we should be celebrating Serena’s tantrum as some show of strength and equality....but we think men that do something similar are jerks.

OmNomNom

Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
From my perspective, there seems to be a bizarre backlash to say we should be celebrating Serena’s tantrum as some show of strength and equality....but we think men that do something similar are jerks.
people need to take race and gender out of the equation and think about it (unless it's blatantly racist/sexist). You play the game by these rules

when someone as big as Billie Jean King says that everyone should be allowed to talk to their coaches, though... that's how we got into this mess anyway. Don't like the game? LET ME CHANGE THE RULES

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
except she was proven wrong when her coach admitted to "coaching" her, which means ramos DIDN'T "steal" a point from her, and every violation she received was justified, despite her calls of "sexism", "racism", and bias against her being a mother

Yeah, the 2nd violation against her for racket abuse was quite justified. lol

In the YT video I posted above, you'll note McEnroe got a violation just for bouncing his racket on the ground but not breaking it.

That said, when they need to sweep bits of Wilson graphite off the court, ummm..... yeah... chances are you'll get booked for a racket abuse violation.

image.jpg

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ

A very interesting twist given the circumstances, and a valid point.

OmNomNom

Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
Yeah, the 2nd violation against her for racket abuse was quite justified. lol

In the YT video I posted above, you'll note McEnroe got a violation just for bouncing his racket on the ground but not breaking it.

That said, when they need to sweep bits of Wilson graphite off the court, ummm..... yeah... chances are you'll get booked for a violation.

image.jpg
that image scares me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Carlton Blues @ Sydney Swans
    Carlton Blues @ Sydney Swans
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $3,420.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: