OT: The Thread About Nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
serena williams complaining is pissing me off. she took away any happiness from naomi osaka's win, probably because she can't handle the fact that she lost

Both Williams sisters are horrible, spoiled, whiners who, throughout their careers cry like sore-loser babies whenever they lose. The thing is, they're so good that losing rarely comes into play, but yeah, they're terrible people.

Playing the "gender card" today might take the cake though. Of course, marring a competitor player's first ever huge win gets bonus points. Awful. I put 20 to 1 odds that a decade from now we'll learn that the WTA suppressed info on one or both of those girls regarding PEDs.

Reactions: cg98 and OmNomNom

RememberTheName

Conductor of the Schmid Bandwagon
Jan 5, 2016
On Earth
f*** Serena Williams. Naomi was literally crying and apologizing on stage because she was being booed. f*** her, and f*** the crowd at Ashe, because it seems like they don’t have the slightest bit of decency for a girl winning her first grand slam on probably the best day of her life. They ruined what should be the best moment of her life. And pulling the gender and mom card, like seriously, no one gives two shits, shouldn’t break the rules if you don’t want to be punished. Like, she was surprised that their was repercussions for her actions. Also, f*** the ESPN commentators, because they couldn’t stop sucking Serena’s dick the entire match. Pissed at everyone but Naomi and the chair umpire.

Also, Naomi is my new favorite tennis player. She whooped serious ass today and could not be happier for her. Hoping she gets many more titles and can finally have a moment for herself

RememberTheName

Jan 5, 2016
On Earth
Both Williams sisters are horrible, spoiled, whiners who, throughout their careers cry like sore-loser babies whenever they lose. The thing is, they're so good that losing rarely comes into play, but yeah, they're terrible people.

Playing the "gender card" today might take the cake though. Of course, marring a competitor player's first ever huge win gets bonus points. Awful. I put 20 to 1 odds that a decade from now we'll learn that the WTA suppressed info on one or both of those girls regarding PEDs.
There is absolutely no way those two monsters aren’t taking PEDs. So many things don’t add up, especially for Serena. First off, she is 36, which is very old for a tennis player. And she is still f***ing ripped. Never been a tennis player like that before like ever. There is no way that she has been able to have that kind of strength throughout her career and look like her without taking PEDs. Next off, there was the incident where a perfectly normal man went to her house in order to give her a standard drug test. Would be fine, right, but she locked herself in a closet in her room and called the police because she thought her house was being broken into. Give me a f***ing break. Oh, and there is also her insane anger issues, which are (I believe) a side affect of some PEDs

Reactions: OmNomNom

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Sexism my ass. If you consider yourself such an ambassador for women's rights, how about showing some respect for the woman on the other side of the net and play the game instead of verbally abusing referees?

It doesn't even make sense to claim "sexism" when it's a WOMEN'S tennis match. Hello, ummm....your opponent is ALSO a woman. Hell, she probably wanted to play the race card, but couldn't given today's opponent was also black.

Reactions: TheUnseenHand

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
It doesn't even make sense to claim "sexism" when it's a WOMEN'S tennis match. Hello, ummm....your opponent is ALSO a woman. Hell, she probably wanted to play the race card, but couldn't given today's opponent was also black.
the ump was a male, and apparently the other tournament refs agreed with him.

just watch the WTA president push to get him in trouble - she LOVES serena, since she helps her roll in the dough.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
There is absolutely no way those two monsters aren’t taking PEDs. So many things don’t add up, especially for Serena. First off, she is 36, which is very old for a tennis player. And she is still ****ing ripped. Never been a tennis player like that before like ever. There is no way that she has been able to have that kind of strength throughout her career and look like her without taking PEDs. Next off, there was the incident where a perfectly normal man went to her house in order to give her a standard drug test. Would be fine, right, but she locked herself in a closet in her room and called the police because she thought her house was being broken into. Give me a ****ing break. Oh, and there is also her insane anger issues, which are (I believe) a side affect of some PEDs

Also, remember she dropped out of the Greek Olympics citing an injury (so did Jennifer Capriati), but some cynics suggested it was because both her and JC werent clear at the time. Not to mention Russian hackers recently made known that she has had a long-time, non-publicly known, "therapeutic exemption" for Prednisone, which is a corticosteriod (link below). Okay, fine, but obviously that "legal use" of a steroid will mask the use of all sorts of the "bad" steroids. Like I said, I think X years from now we'll find out the WTA was covering-up for her. Same way others have covered-up for other "Golden Goose" athletes in numerous other sports. Likely for her sister, Venus, as well, who also used to be beastly, but now appears to have a relatively normal, athletic female frame. What exactly happened to Venus? I'd say she stopped taking the "magic juice" is what happened to her.

Tandon: A closer look at Serena Williams' Therapeutic Use Exemptions

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
I don't remember Venus ever being beastly.

Moreso, big but rangy.

Serena having an exemption sounds shaky on the surface given how physically dominant she is. But if other women on tour also have similar exemptions then I wouldn't put too much into it.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
I don't know if I'm buying that the ITA or whatever is both testing Williams more then other women while also hiding the results.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Wait a minute. Williams was hit with a point penalty in this match?

Does that ever happen? I'm not familiar.

But then she is hit with a GAME penalty? Where they actually just give a game to the opposing player???? Has that ever happened in a grand slam final? This seems drastic.

I've seen McEnroe theatrics, well known, well loved I thought, when tennis was actually big in this country.

I have to go watch it yet. But I'm pretty skeptical here. Is Williams's theatrics worse then McEnroe at his worst?

To warrant a game penalty? I'm not a big tennis fan, but I'm not completely ignorant of the sport either. I have never heard of a game penalty.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Just watching a bit more, but the story I'm gleaning is, Serena got hosed.

A couple months after child birth.

In her own country.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Point penalty for breaking her racket? I've seen numerous racket breakings. Have never even heard of point deduction in tennis(in the finals, to a player of Williams ability, in her own country, (while both the judge and opponent are non american), a couple months after child birth).

Dudes above are completely out to lunch.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
There is absolutely no way those two monsters aren’t taking PEDs. So many things don’t add up, especially for Serena. First off, she is 36, which is very old for a tennis player. And she is still ****ing ripped. Never been a tennis player like that before like ever. There is no way that she has been able to have that kind of strength throughout her career and look like her without taking PEDs. Next off, there was the incident where a perfectly normal man went to her house in order to give her a standard drug test. Would be fine, right, but she locked herself in a closet in her room and called the police because she thought her house was being broken into. Give me a ****ing break. Oh, and there is also her insane anger issues, which are (I believe) a side affect of some PEDs

incredulous.gif

Tell me what you think about Simone Biles or Ali Raisman?

You realize Serena is one of the most drug tested athletes in tennis and maybe in the world.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
Sexism my ass. If you consider yourself such an ambassador for women's rights, how about showing some respect for the woman on the other side of the net and play the game instead of verbally abusing referees?

I'll remember that when you are ranting that Andy Greene or Hynes isn't screaming at the ref enough after a bad call

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
i learned today that there is a barista union

…..i laughed nice, hard and long……and then wondered if having a man bun is a requirement to be a member

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
i learned today that there is a barista union

…..i laughed nice, hard and long……and then wondered if having a man bun is a requirement to be a member
The manbun is brutal.

I especially hate when it's shaved underneath. It's almost like they can't decide if they want their hair long or shaved, so they opt for a bit of both.:laugh:

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
Just watching a bit more, but the story I'm gleaning is, Serena got hosed.

A couple months after child birth.

In her own country.

Point penalty for breaking her racket? I've seen numerous racket breakings. Have never even heard of point deduction in tennis(in the finals, to a player of Williams ability, in her own country, (while both the judge and opponent are non american), a couple months after child birth).

Dudes above are completely out to lunch.

This is EXACTLY the PC train of thought that made Naomi Osaka cry tears today, and got her day ruined. This is the type of stuff that had all of Ashe booing.

Serena ABSOLUTELY gets special treatment. she is a minority female in the USA. is she dominant? YES, by far she is. but the whole pregnancy thing as an excuse, whereby she can keep her seeding? other people have gotten injuries and weren't allowed to keep their seeding. example: petra kvitova got STABBED IN HER HAND by an attempted thief, and she wasn't allowed to keep her ranking.

Reactions: Darkauron

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
This is EXACTLY the PC train of thought that made Naomi Osaka cry tears today, and got her day ruined. This is the type of stuff that had all of Ashe booing.

Serena ABSOLUTELY gets special treatment. she is a minority female in the USA. is she dominant? YES, by far she is. but the whole pregnancy thing as an excuse, whereby she can keep her seeding? other people have gotten injuries and weren't allowed to keep their seeding. example: petra kvitova got STABBED IN HER HAND by an attempted thief, and she wasn't allowed to keep her ranking.

there are laws that pertain to jobs and maternity/paternity…im guessing there is something in the wording somewhere that made this so

but hey….im no lawyer

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Wait a minute. Williams was hit with a point penalty in this match?

Does that ever happen? I'm not familiar.

But then she is hit with a GAME penalty? Where they actually just give a game to the opposing player????
Has that ever happened in a grand slam final? This seems drastic.

To warrant a game penalty? I'm not a big tennis fan, but I'm not completely ignorant of the sport either. I have never heard of a game penalty.

You have no idea what you're talking about. I grew up playing tennis. Private lessons every week for years. Played 4 years varsity. Watched every GS religiously when I was a kid. I know the sport. Yes, yes, this happens. Warnings are common, and point violations arent that rare. It generally DOES takes a LOT to be hit with a game penalty though, so you can be sure Williams body of work today "earned" it (and her coach didnt help any either).

EDIT: And for what it's worth, even if she disagreed with the Umpire that she shouldnt have received a warning for in-game coaching, she FREAKED the **** out about it in a completely bizarre way. Then she re-FREAKED the **** out in insane anger over the same issue again, as well as seemingly forgetting the rules of tennis.

Serena Williams calls chair umpire ‘thief’ in outburst during US Open final | Watch News Videos Online

Now you watch this video and tell me this isnt a crazed psychological meltdown on court. By one of the most experienced veteran players in the history of the entire sport, yet acting like a 10 year old today? The entire sequence is beyond bizarre. And her trying to spin the whole thing as her fighting for women's rights and equality in the postgame in Nauseatingly insufferable with a capital 'N'.

Last edited:
Reactions: Darkauron

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ

Raisman doesn't seem that jacked to me, but funny you mention Biles, as she was also involved in that Russian hack as having a special med exemption similar to that of Williams. But the Biles one was for something in ADHD medications as she apparently has ADHD. I do get why that could be a problem though as it's a stimulant so you can see how that is a banned substance.

Last edited:

RememberTheName

Jan 5, 2016
On Earth
incredulous.gif

You realize Serena is one of the most drug tested athletes in tennis and maybe in the world.
The WTA has been rumored to cover up drug tests with injuries. But I believe they would just flat out refuse to do anything about it. Serena is the face of women's tennis right now, and any damage to her would turn many people off, and especially with the attempt to call the cops because the drug tester was at her door, I feel like that is just a little too suspicious. Although, she has had a TON of injuries over her career, like way more than I would expect from a tennis player, so I feel like maybe those have been used to cover up alleged suspensions. She has also been very vocal about not liking drug testing procedures, deeming most of them unnecessary, possibly due to drug use. I mean, it really can't be proven, but there is evidence to back up either side of the argument

Reactions: BenedictGomez

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
I'm pretty skeptical here. Is Williams's theatrics worse then McEnroe at his worst?

FYI, after "game penalty" (which is the worst that was done to Williams today), next comes MATCH penalty, where they award the entire MATCH to your opponent.

And yes, this DID happen to John McEnroe (link below). SO SEXIST!!!!! #MensEqualityNow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad