OT: The Thread About Nothing 203

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Devil In I

Jun 28, 2005
Chicago
Found out last night that my dog likely has cancer. His liver and spleen are both enlarged - most likely lymphoma. Shit's just f***ed up, he's only 18 months old. He's been the perfect dog...I live in a shittier area of Chicago, so on walks with him we'd sometimes end up taking a turn onto a block we probably should have avoided. And I never had a dog that would, from one moment to the next, viciously bark at a guy approaching us the wrong way...and then lie down and roll over to get pet when approached by kids. Without any guard dog/protection training done. I got this guy when I was 30, thought it'd be likely he'd be my (future) kids first dog...and now he's likely not gonna even make it to my 32nd bday.

Bbw1YA8Hv47
BRlQVTLDpnB

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Found out last night that my dog likely has cancer. His liver and spleen are both enlarged - most likely lymphoma. ****'s just ****ed up, he's only 18 months old. He's been the perfect dog...I live in a ****tier area of Chicago, so on walks with him we'd sometimes end up taking a turn onto a block we probably should have avoided. And I never had a dog that would, from one moment to the next, viciously bark at a guy approaching us the wrong way...and then lie down and roll over to get pet when approached by kids. Without any guard dog/protection training done. I got this guy when I was 30, thought it'd be likely he'd be my (future) kids first dog...and now he's likely not gonna even make it to my 32nd bday.

Bbw1YA8Hv47
BRlQVTLDpnB

This hits the heart heavy and hard, as I feel for you and your pup. There’s an amazing special bond between animal lover and a dog, especially such a loyal breed. Enjoy whatever time you have left as much as you can and know that you’ve given him as much of a good life as he has you.

Reactions: The Devil In I

Darkauron

Jul 14, 2011
South Jersey
Found out last night that my dog likely has cancer. His liver and spleen are both enlarged - most likely lymphoma. ****'s just ****ed up, he's only 18 months old. He's been the perfect dog...I live in a ****tier area of Chicago, so on walks with him we'd sometimes end up taking a turn onto a block we probably should have avoided. And I never had a dog that would, from one moment to the next, viciously bark at a guy approaching us the wrong way...and then lie down and roll over to get pet when approached by kids. Without any guard dog/protection training done. I got this guy when I was 30, thought it'd be likely he'd be my (future) kids first dog...and now he's likely not gonna even make it to my 32nd bday.

Bbw1YA8Hv47
BRlQVTLDpnB

That sucks man. It always is not fun when a pet does not get to live a good full and long life.

VaxjoDevil

No kids - Still a person
Nov 11, 2009
Princeton, NJ

Bbw1YA8Hv47
BRlQVTLDpnB

Very sorry to read this, stay strong.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto

Bbw1YA8Hv47
BRlQVTLDpnB

shitty man,

just try and give the best life he can have

EliasFTW

Jan 27, 2009
Utica, NY

Bbw1YA8Hv47
BRlQVTLDpnB

That is the worst. I am sorry to hear that.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011

Bbw1YA8Hv47
BRlQVTLDpnB

Sorry to hear of this. Very sad. I lost one of mine in September of last year. He lived to be over 14 years, but that was a hard day. I looked at it as a day where I lost someone (or something) that cared about me the most.

VoidCreature

Before you see the light, you must die.
Mar 6, 2015
New Jersey

Bbw1YA8Hv47
BRlQVTLDpnB

:( I'm so sorry to hear this. Really hope he pulls through somehow!

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
I opened the box up to try to clean out her vomit and there was enough hair in there to make two new cats. Ridiculous.

Sounds like my dog. She's part husky, therefore she sheds like a mother****er. I could build a statue of her out of just the hair I've pulled out of the vacuum.

Sorry to hear about this. I hope you get as much good time with your dog as you can.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
So after many delays, mostly because I kept putting it off, I finally got that wisdom tooth pulled.

It actually wasn’t as bad as I feared. I just don’t know what I can eat. It says I can eat whatever, but at the same time says I barely can eat anything or it will ruin the clot.

I bought all this soup but apparently hot food is a bad idea?

Scorcho

Twitter @AmateurAdult11
Apr 16, 2010
Space
If you think open enrollment season for your health insurance is bad, you should try processing hundreds of enrollments in time for 2018

None Shall Pass

Dano moisturizes
Jul 7, 2007
Brooklyn
I had two shakes today already. I’m also irrationally scared of dry socket.

You really gotta work to get a dry socket to be honest. I had two wisdom teeth removed at once. My cheat code: put a piece of wet gauze over it when you're unsure.

Avoid crunchy food and hot food. Yogurt, mashed potatoes, smoothies and shakes. Give it a few days. You'll be alright.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
We have a shot on goal for a potential white Christmas. Hasnt happened in a while if it pans out. Odds low right now, but at least there's hope.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
So after many delays, mostly because I kept putting it off, I finally got that wisdom tooth pulled.

It actually wasn’t as bad as I feared. I just don’t know what I can eat. It says I can eat whatever, but at the same time says I barely can eat anything or it will ruin the clot.

I bought all this soup but apparently hot food is a bad idea?

i'm recommending a lot of cap'n crunch (no milk). try to work significant amounts of caramel into your diet. also, peanut brittle

Reactions: None Shall Pass

None Shall Pass

Dano moisturizes
Jul 7, 2007
Brooklyn
That eliminates tortilla chips, burritos, and pizza. Like all of my favorite food groups. Man, I never want to get my wisdom teeth pulled.

Yeah dude, mine too, it was hard. Fortunately, I was able to eat pizza after two or three days.

Though I may not be the poster child for wisdom tooth aftercare. They told me not to smoke for a week, and I made it three hours before I Googled what other people did and used the wet gauze trick.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Ive been eating a lot of clementines and had some soup.

I’m honestly surprised how easy going it has been today. I took the day off but I really didn’t need to. Very very little pain.

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
Bbw1YA8Hv47
BRlQVTLDpnB

dude i'm so sorry. i lost my dog to bladder cancer, granted he was already an old man. i can't imagine how painful that news is when your pup is still so young.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
You really gotta work to get a dry socket to be honest. I had two wisdom teeth removed at once. My cheat code: put a piece of wet gauze over it when you're unsure.

Avoid crunchy food and hot food. Yogurt, mashed potatoes, smoothies and shakes. Give it a few days. You'll be alright.
I had all 4 removed at once, at least 2 of which were impacted, and was not put out for it. Laughing gas and novocaine. It was a wild experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad