OT: The Thread About Nothing 203

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkauron

Jul 14, 2011
South Jersey
I can top that, I'm the 1 in roughly 100 who has a 5th wisdom tooth. All out.

I cant top that though.

Where the hell was this, Bangladesh?

I know a lot of people who dont want to be knocked out for it, and dentists that dont like doing it. I had 3 out last Feb and I told them to knock me out please.

The Devil In I

Jun 28, 2005
Chicago
I had all 4 removed at once, at least 2 of which were impacted, and was not put out for it. Laughing gas and novocaine. It was a wild experience.

I had only the 2 on my left side removed so far, because the dentist was worried about hitting a nerve due to the alignment of the roots in the wisdom teeth on my right side. Still need to schedule an appt for the right side. I went in during my lunch break, they gave me just a local anesthetic, pulled em out with pliers....then I went back to work.

When you've gone through the amount of dental work I've had done, it's no big deal.

(In high school I slipped on wet grass while running and went face first into a cement bench, destroying my top 4 front teeth. I had to get 3 root canals done so they could grind 3 of the 4 down enough to fit under a bridge of fake teeth - the 4th tooth was cracked all the way through the root and had to be pulled)

None Shall Pass

Dano moisturizes
Jul 7, 2007
Brooklyn
I didn't need to be knocked out for mine. Numbed me up and quite literally ripped them out. Didn't feel a thing. Walked the 15 minutes home because I didn't feel like waiting for two different buses. Spat blood in broad daylight all over the ground. Was hilarious.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
I know a lot of people who dont want to be knocked out for it

Ahhhh...... I just realize I completely misinterpreted what he was saying. I thought he meant no anesthesia as well as being awake. LOL.

I was awake for it too, but had enough Novocaine to make an elephant smile.

I recall a squeaky, wiggling, sound as the teeth were being pulled, and then a loudish' "POP" noise from the vacuum/air when each tooth was freed.

Darkauron

Jul 14, 2011
South Jersey
Ahhhh...... I just realize I completely misinterpreted what he was saying. I thought he meant no anesthesia as well as being awake. LOL.

I was awake for it too, but had enough Novocaine to make an elephant smile.

I recall a squeaky, wiggling, sound as the teeth were being pulled, and then a loudish' "POP" noise from the vacuum/air when each tooth was freed.

Nice lol. I remember passing out and what felt like one second later, I was awake. 25 minutes gone in a blink of an eye is pretty amazing.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
I didn't need to be knocked out for mine. Numbed me up and quite literally ripped them out. Didn't feel a thing. Walked the 15 minutes home because I didn't feel like waiting for two different buses. Spat blood in broad daylight all over the ground. Was hilarious.
Even more hilarious with laughing gas.

And no doubt on them literally ripping them out. Dude was in there with a pry bar.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
The guy who did mine had something that looked like "fancy medical pliers" is how I'd describe them. Glorified pliers.

Based Anime Fan

Himedanshi Bandit
Mar 11, 2012
Tokai
I had the gas.

I stopped inhaling it at one point and woke up to my head being jerked around and the dentist talking about the 50'' plasma he had just bought.

It also made me sick.

Funny though, was after the operation I went to buy a new computer monitor, and I was standing in the display aisle and a sles dude came up to me. I wanted to ask him about a specific monitor and instead of speaking coughed up a pile of blood onto the floor.

I guess I had bruised up fast, cause the guy called the cops thinking I had gotten mugged or something. That was a fun conversation.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I have a wisdom tooth that I've neglected to have pulled for, I don't even wanna tell you how long. It doesn't really give me problems, outside of being sore for a few days, a couple times a year. Just randomly coming and going, here and there. I make sure to try to keep it clean, so it doesn't collect food particles or any of that, or at least the best I can.

I don't like the dentist.

Darkauron

Jul 14, 2011
South Jersey
I have a wisdom tooth that I've neglected to have pulled for, I don't even wanna tell you how long. It doesn't really give me problems, outside of being sore for a few days, a couple times a year. Just randomly coming and going, here and there. I make sure to try to keep it clean, so it doesn't collect food particles or any of that, or at least the best I can.

I don't like the dentist.

I really hate the dentist too. I did not go for years until my wisdom teeth started giving me issues. Then they started giving me shit about everything else and how I need to come in every 4 months or so or else my teeth were going to fall out. Dentists are some of the most rude people ever sometimes I swear.

Reactions: Bleedred

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I really hate the dentist too. I did not go for years until my wisdom teeth started giving me issues. Then they started giving me **** about everything else and how I need to come in every 4 months or so or else my teeth were going to fall out. Dentists are some of the most rude people ever sometimes I swear.
When I was young (like 18) a dentist told me that I wasn't flossing enough and that it's the equivalent of not wiping your ass (LOL) I'm sitting there laughing at him and he's got this pompous reaction.

I talked to a few other older people than me, who went to him, who had teeth in much worse condition than mine, well, out of the teeth that they still had left. So I asked one of them if this dentist gave him a hard time, and he told me that he didn't and that he even vented to him about his marriage and how much he hated ex-wife or whatever she was. Maybe he only preached to young people haha.

That experience made me not go to the dentist for over 10 years, not even kidding. It annoyed the f*** out of me. None of my teeth fell out or anything, but I racked up some cavities that went unfilled for years.

I've always had an insecurity about my teeth. I feel they're really discolored for a non-smoker/non-coffee drinker. Even when I was a teenager, I look at pictures and think my teeth should have been whiter, and I regularly went to to the dentist back then.

Even when I was overweight and had high blood pressure, the doctors usually didn't give me a hard time. Occasionally they'd tell me ''You're a young guy, you should lower that blood pressure'' but they were usually alright.

Reactions: Darkauron

None Shall Pass

Dano moisturizes
Jul 7, 2007
Brooklyn
To be honest, the thing that got me over being scared about going to the dentist (I used to be terrified) was just going once a year. Most of the time it's just a trivial annoyance at worst.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
I really hate the dentist too. I did not go for years until my wisdom teeth started giving me issues. Then they started giving me **** about everything else and how I need to come in every 4 months or so or else my teeth were going to fall out. Dentists are some of the most rude people ever sometimes I swear.
Same here, I hadn't gone in forever, but I was having no problems, didn't want an exam, really didn't want x-rays, just went for a cleaning, and they were giving me all sorts of crap, they couldn't grasp the notion that I just wanted a cleaning. I think they intentionally bloodied me up with a brutal flossing. Haven't been back in at least 10 years.

Reactions: Darkauron

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
i got all four pulled at the same time.

really the recovery is the worst part, and not the pain but the inability to eat anything solid.
I had pretty good pain for 2 weeks. Just standard run of the mill consistent pain for a week, but then more random sharp shooting pain for week. Began to get worried at that point, but then it stopped.

NJDevils17

Going Up?
Apr 21, 2013
Raleigh
Brewery hopped around Charlotte today. Some really cool places. Ended the night at a Charlotte Checkers game. Fun time. North Carolina is one of the best craft beer states in the nation. Great places all over the state.

Reactions: Aethon

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I had pretty good pain for 2 weeks. Just standard run of the mill consistent pain for a week, but then more random sharp shooting pain for week. Began to get worried at that point, but then it stopped.

Mine has been sore for the most part, but nothing crazy and Advil usually puts a stop to it.

The hole is weird though, freaks me out a bit. I look forward to it closing up.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
Brewery hopped around Charlotte today. Some really cool places. Ended the night at a Charlotte Checkers game. Fun time. North Carolina is one of the best craft beer states in the nation. Great places all over the state.

Charlotte is supposed to be a fun time from what I've heard.

Separately, how have you been feeling/how have things been going since the surgery?

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
My wife just found out she needs her four wisdom teeth pulled. Is this expensive? We're a little tight for cash at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad