The Tank Thread - 2022-23 edition (Lottery Drawing 05/08/23 7PM)

Status
Not open for further replies.

5th Line Fanatic

Oct 2, 2020
To be fair Michkov would be the most talented prospect they’ve ever drafted so he’s not in your basic 1st rounder range.

But the point stands, it would set the rebuild back& I’d bet they’d take a worse prospect
We're not drafting Michkov and no, the tiny enigmatic Russian wouldn't be the best prospect we've ever drafted. He might not even be the best Russian we've ever drafted. First round picks are 50-50 crap shoots.

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
What would be interesting to me is what if the CBJ actually do see Michkov as the 2nd highest end talent in the draft and take him 3rd? Wouldn't that be a kick in the dick

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
There is already a budding controversy about keeping Russian athletes out of the 2024 Olympics. A GM would have to be totally mad to waste the 4th pick on a Russian who may not be able to play here for many years.

Yes it would be more than a kick in the dick. It would be a cystoscopy without anesthesia.

Reactions: Toe Pick

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
We're not drafting Michkov and no, the tiny enigmatic Russian wouldn't be the best prospect we've ever drafted. He might not even be the best Russian we've ever drafted. First round picks are 50-50 crap shoots.

He would be and do you know that for sure?

Saitama

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg
Good luck to Columbus, Chicago and Montreal! That's in order of preference of who in the bottom 5 wins the lottery. I hope the Sharks drop out of the top 300 picks somehow.

MissADD

Jun 21, 2018
Silvermoon City
So we thinking Michkov or Smith at 4? Maybe a shock like Carlsson because the team at 3 decides to go winger? Or maybe go off the bored, shock the world and take Dvorský. (Yes, I am mentally preparing myself for 4. Don't judge me)

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
So we thinking Michkov or Smith at 4? Maybe a shock like Carlsson because the team at 3 decides to go winger? Or maybe go off the bored, shock the world and take Dvorský. (Yes, I am mentally preparing myself for 4. Don't judge me)
I bet they go Smith

Reactions: KJ Dangler

WannabeFinn

Beloved One
May 31, 2014
Columbus
simulationhockey.com
I bet they go Smith
the-office-michael-scott.gif

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

It should be Michkov, he’s basically broken every previous record as a prospect and carries that franchise changing potential.
But I doubt he’d be the favourite to be their pick.

No matter where they pick from 1-4 they should take the best player possible, this is not a team that can pass on talent.
Whether they think it’s Benson, Smith or Michkov the pick has to be made potential/talent in mind.

Because no matter which of the 3 they’d pick they’d have to go to the market and land a legit top6C.

& Johnson should have the 1C role for next year. He could run with it, just need someone else than Jenner to go with him in the middle(hopefully it’s a top3 pick).

Edit, and if true that after his khl contract Michkov’s elc contract is 3 years instead of 2 that’s a massive +.

Last edited:

Youngguns80

A worthy goal is easy to defend
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2021
Ohio
13.5% Bedard
14.4% Fantilli
32.0% Carlsson
40.2% Michkov

I like Michkov so Im happy with it. And the odds are still 60/40 in favor of getting the 1C
If we land Michkov I will be severely upset. Again do some research other than listening to the talking heads. Then let’s talk.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
It should be Michkov, he’s basically broken every previous record as a prospect and carries that franchise changing potential.
But I doubt he’d be the favourite to be their pick.

No matter where they pick from 1-4 they should take the best player possible, this is not a team that can pass on talent.
Whether they think it’s Benson, Smith or Michkov the pick has to be made potential/talent in mind.

Because no matter which of the 3 they’d pick they’d have to go to the market and land a legit top6C.

& Johnson should have the 1C role for next year. He could run with it, just need someone else than Jenner to go with him in the middle(hopefully it’s a top3 pick).

Edit, and if true that after his khl contract Michkov’s elc contract is 3 years instead of 2 that’s a massive +.
This organization can't afford to wait 3 years on a top 5 pick right now. We've waited long enough. They need to start winning soon.

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017
If we land Michkov I will be severely upset. Again do some research other than listening to the talking heads. Then let’s talk.
I've followed his career since he was 15.

How about you stop being so aggresively condescending. Extremely arrogant comment to make about a subject that is under heavy debate across the entire scouting community. As if you have a crystal ball and everyone else is stupid

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
This organization can't afford to wait 3 years on a top 5 pick right now. We've waited long enough. They need to start winning soon.
But thats generally how it works. Like I said before Johnson just completed year 2 after being drafted and while good he wasnt win you games good yet. Next year is year 3 and I bet his game absolutely takes off. Even Fantilli/Carlsson Id bet on year 2 before they start making notable impacts

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
But thats generally how it works. Like I said before Johnson just completed year 2 after being drafted and while good he wasnt win you games good yet. Next year is year 3 and I bet his game absolutely takes off. Even Fantilli/Carlsson Id bet on year 2 before they start making notable impacts
Possibly but if Mishkov is all he's cracked up to be, remember that Matthews scored 40 his first year. Ovechkin scored 50 his first year. Crosby scored 39.

If he is that kind of talent, why should we wait 3 years for it when we need to win sooner rather than later? If we had other superstar talent we could maybe wait for him but we don't. I think we have some very good young talent but I'm not sure anyone of them are superstar quality.

This team could look entirely different 3 years down the road. We don't even know if Jarmo/JD will still be here in 3 years if improvement doesn't start showing. Its just the mark of a team that has the most losses in the league during our existence.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Possibly but if Mishkov is all he's cracked up to be, remember that Matthews scored 40 his first year. Ovechkin scored 50 his first year. Crosby scored 39.

If he is that kind of talent, why should we wait 3 years for it when we need to win sooner rather than later? If we had other superstar talent we could maybe wait for him but we don't. I think we have some very good young talent but I'm not sure anyone of them are superstar quality.

This team could look entirely different 3 years down the road. We don't even know if Jarmo/JD will still be here in 3 years if improvement doesn't start showing. Its just the mark of a team that has the most losses in the league during our existence.
It could look entirely different and thats why you should just draft the BPA. What happens if we draft a good but not great 2nd line player and Michkov comes over and does what Kaprizov did while being on an ELC? I think its just as dangerous to pass on him just to draft for position. Especially for a guy like Smith who many are claiming is likely better suited at wing but maybe a year at Boston smartens him up a bit

5th Line Fanatic

Oct 2, 2020
He would be and do you know that for sure?
He's certainly not a better prospect than the one who's # is hanging in the rafters.

Yes, I know that for sure.
1. He doesn't fit the timeline. If the firing of Larson tells us anything, the front office is in a hurry. 2. Russian factor. Best case scenario he arrives in three years. What if he gets drafted into a war?
3. He's a winger and we have plenty of wingers.

Reactions: Toe Pick
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille