OT: The sky above the port was the color of television, tuned to a dead channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
I thank God I no longer have to worry about all that. I remember that even years after my bar exams I had those dreadful nightmares about missing whole courses, late for or forgetting exams.
I'm actually a little bummed that state bar associations decided a handful to a decade of years ago to require a law degree to sit for the bar exam. Used to be you didn't need a degree to do so. Friend of mine's uncle did that (I think for the South Carolina bar). Retired, decided he wanted to do it just to do it, studied for it, and passed. Impressed.

I would have been interested in doing something like that, just to give it a go, if I ever retire.

I still occasionally suffer the rare just before you wake up dream about having just realized you are so far behind in certain class that you'll never catch up. And the exam is tomorrow......

I walked into a history class in college at a particularly unmotivated time of my life, and “found out” that today was the midterm....
My bizarro recurring dream is I am "back" in college (it might be present day setting, but you know what I mean) and I have taken too many classes because I am also busy with job/family/whatever, and it's the end of the semester, it's time for a History final, and I haven't been to 1 class, nor read any of the material. At all.

I do so love when I have to open HF five times before the ad that redirects me away from the site to what is likely a virus installer fails to kick in. Really makes me love the place.

In other news, I BOUGHT A MOTHER****ING HOUSE! HOLY ****! WHAT IDIOT GAVE ME MONEY TO DO SUCH A MONUMENTALLY STUPID THING!?
If you live in WNY, housing is cheap enough that whatever amount some idiot gave you pales in comparison to the larger amounts of money bigger idiots give you in other parts of the country. So relax, you're a lot smarter than you might think you are.

The internet is a vast repository of unknown unknowns, that you, new homeowner, will want to know.

For instance, Google "sacrificial anode rod"

If you knew what that was before you bought a house, thank your Dad
If galvanic corrosion of "comparatively simple" process equipment cooling water systems has been a bane at certain points in your job/career, please raise your hand.

My periodically recurring disturbing / awakens-me-from-my-sleep dream is I show up to work in the AM and walk in wearing shoes, socks, shirt, underwear, and no pants.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Just picked up new glasses. They’re bifocals, and I’m used to using reader cheaters that I picked up at the dollar store. So now I have to get used to you not trying to look down the end of my nose with my glasses I think I have a headache already and I’ve only been wearing these things for five minutes.

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
for all the law school crew

Dr. Dre had his trademark dispute dismissed against the ob/gyn Dr Drai

Last edited:

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Just picked up new glasses. They’re bifocals, and I’m used to using reader cheaters that I picked up at the dollar store. So now I have to get used to you not trying to look down the end of my nose with my glasses I think I have a headache already and I’ve only been wearing these things for five minutes.

Been there, done that, then switched back to reader cheaters. But I still have the bifocals in 2 different styles of safety glasses: a detachable side shield pair, and a wrap-around pair (both of which have the ancillary "benefit" of being very effective forms of birth control).

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
I wanna plan a cool trip in the next year while I still have the freedom.

If you could travel anywhere in the world for 3-4 weeks, where would you go?

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006

I'm writing this from Sandals Royal Plantation in Ocho Rios Jamaica. Here. Butler service is amazing and have access to Sandals Ocho right next door. If you're into a chill place with any kind of food and any kind if drink, all included in room price, come here.

Also, Antigua is amazing.

Reactions: 1972

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005

Kevin: You should go to Hedonism.
Jim: What is that?
Kevin: It's like Club Med, but everything is naked.

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY

Hawaii hands down.

But $3500 won’t last you 3-4 weeks. Flight, hotel, things to do etc ... More like 2 weeks.

Reactions: slip

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Never been, would love to go. Good recommendation...

I hear things are hot and flowing this time of year on the big island.

It’s sooo worth the time and money to experience Hawaii. It’s not cheap, but it’s just so awesome.

My wife and I got married on Kauai on the beach. And went back for our 10 year recently.

We were frugal where we could be. And spent a good chuck of change on things we wanted to experience.

We have the same mindset when it comes to vacations.
* You can always make more money. You can’t always make more memories *

So spend the cash and have that experience and create those memories. In the end, it’s worth doing.

:5:

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls

You can travel to another galaxy and morph into another life form, but there's no escaping the sales people at Spectrum cable/internet. THEY WILL FIND YOU.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad