OT: The sky above the port was the color of television, tuned to a dead channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Congrats on finishing up your semester @Chainshot!
I've just got one more paper to finish for my tax policy class... On the one hand, I love that my professor gave very thorough feedback on my draft. On the other, I hate how much work I still have to do.

Reactions: Chainshot

Mike McDermott

blah blah blah
Apr 23, 2006
Lockport
Out of curiosity what concert was it? Also guessing TicketScammer?

Speaking of concerts Live Nation is doing their $20 ticket promotion and I got tickets to see Rise Against and (more importantly) AFI in Coney Island and Coheed and Cambria and (more importantly) Taking Back Sunday at PNC Bank Arts Center in Jersey. Wanted to get a tix at that venue for Weezer and The Pixies but the $20 tixs were sold out.
Trapt acoustic.

And they ended up refunding the fees. They sent another email apologizing for the mix up on not refunding the fees.

Reactions: sabremike

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Metro destroys Bronx Blood Money 4-0. Our games are show in WNY via MSGB. The era of #Buffaluck is real!!!

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
Good luck! I went out to celebrate a combo of class completion and birthday for one of my classmates... had one of his friends show me his evolutionary genetics online final. Not the whole thing, but the single set up for just one question. I think my head is still aching.
My first final had 1 question: pick the legal school of thought you found most pursuasive, explain why, Then compare and contrast it with every other school we’ve covered. 150 minutes on 1 question. Second final had me write 10,000 words on FISA applications. I’m very much over this semester.

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
My first final had 1 question: pick the legal school of thought you found most pursuasive, explain why, Then compare and contrast it with every other school we’ve covered. 150 minutes on 1 question. Second final had me write 10,000 words on FISA applications. I’m very much over this semester.
I thank God I no longer have to worry about all that. I remember that even years after my bar exams I had those dreadful nightmares about missing whole courses, late for or forgetting exams.

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
I thank God I no longer have to worry about all that. I remember that even years after my bar exams I had those dreadful nightmares about missing whole courses, late for or forgetting exams.
its saturday and ive checked the time for my next final about 10 times today, had a friend of mine sleep through the crim law final 1L year, worst feeling

I just checked to make sure it was actually saturday, this semester needs to end for my sanity

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Some of my classmates walk today, but we don't know what the final grades are in three classes yet. Ummm.... heh.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co

I still occasionally suffer the rare just before you wake up dream about having just realized you are so far behind in certain class that you'll never catch up. And the exam is tomorrow......

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012

I woke up yesterday morning after I'd taken all my final exams panicked that I was late for something. Last year, I legit almost missed my contracts final, and I'm not sure I've ever been more scared in my life. :laugh:

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Anyone have an Amazon Fire tablet? I want a small tablet for just browsing the internet and YouTube.
If you use Chrome as your web browser I would pass. I'm pretty sure it has to be side-loaded and won't sync anything. Amazon and Google are mortal enemies. It doesn't have an actual YouTube app either. Their "app" is just a link to the website.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
I graduated from Purchase 18 years ago and I have constant bad dreams that I am a student right now who has failed to do any of the coursework.

I also have a reoccurring dream where I am being forced to stay in high school despite graduating decades earlier, which isn't fun.

Reactions: MATTHEWSisGretzky

Mike McDermott

blah blah blah
Apr 23, 2006
Lockport
Man I'm glad I don't have dreams related to school/exams/course work.

My recurring dreams are bad enough. Add those on and I'd go insane.

valet

obviously adhd
Sponsor
Jan 26, 2017
buffalo
I used to have those kinds of dreams after undergrad too. Would wake up months after I graduated questioning whether or not I got my diploma... sometimes I'd even check.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I have a strange version of WNY in my dreams. There are open-steel structures in what is now the Elmwood Village area. Rochester is just past Batavia, and it's basically just the other side of Clarence. There is a giant ravine/gorge in downtown Eden. There is a rest stop, complete with a diner, in the median south of Armor-Duells Corners bridge on the 219. No matter what happens in the dream, my brain borrows parts of those things (and others) so it's almost like I have a continuity editor.

Reactions: BackGroundMusic

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
I never had school unpreparedness nightmares because I never stressed out about school, the courses weren't tough enough to worry me and since pretty quickly I decided I wanted no part of being a lawyer, a family profession, there was no stress, I just got a Political Science B.A. and got the hell out.

I did have a nightmare that seemed endless where I'm on stage, big concert venue, stage is full of sound crew and musicians, apparently I am the keyboard player, it's a very impressive bank of keyboards and I don't know how to play the piano at all, but I don't know how to get out of the predicament gracefully. Show time is rapidly coming up and I am panicking, i noodle a bit on the keyboard when other band members look at me. The first song begins and I desperately try to fake it, find keys that sound in tune with the music ...... heart pounding

As a teenager I did have the teeth crumbling and falling out of my mouth into my hand dream, only years later did I find out that it's one of set of very common dreams. Strange species.

Ralonzo

Я хочу!
Nov 6, 2006
Virginia
In other news, I BOUGHT A MOTHER****ING HOUSE! HOLY ****! WHAT IDIOT GAVE ME MONEY TO DO SUCH A MONUMENTALLY STUPID THING!?
The internet is a vast repository of unknown unknowns, that you, new homeowner, will want to know.

For instance, Google "sacrificial anode rod"

If you knew what that was before you bought a house, thank your Dad

Last edited:

BuiltTagonTough

Stand still laddy!
Jul 2, 2009
Buffalo
The internet is a vast repository of unknown unknowns, that you, new homeowner, will want to know.

For instance, Google "sacrificial anode rod"

If you knew what that was before you bought a house, thank your Dad

Just learning that now. But honestly most of what I do know is because of my dad so he gets thanks anyways. We wouldn't have this one without my parents help.

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
I do so love when I have to open HF five times before the ad that redirects me away from the site to what is likely a virus installer fails to kick in. Really makes me love the place.

In other news, I BOUGHT A MOTHER****ING HOUSE! HOLY ****! WHAT IDIOT GAVE ME MONEY TO DO SUCH A MONUMENTALLY STUPID THING!?

1 - @Buffaloed

2- congrats!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad