Salary Cap: The Salary Cap Thread | Something Happened!

Status
Not open for further replies.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
http://pittsburghhockeynow.com/sources-penguins-offer-danis-zaripov/

Kingerski says we're now going after Zaripov. This is crazy if true. How much cap space are we going to have and how many wingers do we need? That's not our issue

Well, let's see now with Sheahan aboard minus Wilson(per CapFriendly):

-waiving Archie gives you 1.855M
-waiving McKegg gives you 1.83M

Don't think it'd be a horrible thing to explore. Zaripov @ 1.5ish would give you something like:

Jake-Sid-Horny
Zaripov-G-Phil/Rust
Hagelin/Sheary-Sheahan-Phil/Rust
Hagelin/Sheary-Rowney-Kuhn, Reaves, Archie or McKegg(whichever isn't waived)

Nicer depth there with wings you can pump up or push down and Sprong comin' soon.
Also might bump Reaves to a #13 "Sestito who stays on the roster" cuz Zaripov would replace McKegg and Zari doesn't kill penalties(i believe).

Last edited:

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
Well, let's see now with Sheahan aboard minus Wilson(per CapFriendly):

-waiving Archie gives you 1.855M
-waiving McKegg gives you 1.83M

Don't think it'd be a horrible thing to explore. Zaripov @ 1.5ish would give you something like:

I wouldn't offer him more than the league minimum. The wing is still our strongest position and there's no guarantee that he can play here. Offer him some bonuses if things go well... but it's not like he can say "f*** it, I'll just stay in the KHL". He's banned from the league for a year (2?). But really, while I'd probably take a chance on him, the odds of us signing him now after training camp and all that is pretty slim.

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
Is this Kingerski guy legit?
Saying "sources" tells him pens and Zaripin will re-engage in talks about a contract now that we have traded for a center..

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
I mean, where does this Russian dude fit? Do we just shoehorn him onto Geno's line "cuz Russian lol" or what?

Our play defensively has been awful. We're still weak in terms of bottom-6 centers. We need a backup goalie BADLY. So we're gonna spend some of our precious little cap-space to sign some 36 year old Russian dude that plays a position we're absolutely stacked at? Alrighty.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
I normally wouldn't believe Kingerski, but i think Mackey said a while ago that the pens would talk to Zaripov after JR got Sheahan, since Mackey was correct with Sheahan i think Kingerski's Zaripov story could be true.

Pens don't have much cap space, but i believe the pens can offer him a contract with bonus's like the wild did with Cullen because hes over 35.

Shaffer

GuentzGoal
May 20, 2017
Zaripov is interesting. Waiving Archibald would give us around 1.8m cap space, So I would give Zaripov about 800k. I don’t remember who but I remember hearing that Zaripov really wants to play for the Pens and I doubt money will effect his decision. It would push Kuhn out of the lineup, so who would PK? Rust and Hagelin? Zaripov would almost certainly play with Geno and probably Rust.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
http://pittsburghhockeynow.com/sources-penguins-offer-danis-zaripov/

Kingerski says we're now going after Zaripov. This is crazy if true. How much cap space are we going to have and how many wingers do we need? That's not our issue

On one hand, I still don't think the Penguins need Zaripov that much. But on the other hand, the team has been generally **** at ES so far this year, so maybe I wouldn't mind it. Maybe it can be a shot in the arm for Geno and Phil.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
On one hand, I still don't think the Penguins need Zaripov that much. But on the other hand, the team has been generally **** at ES so far this year, so maybe I wouldn't mind it. Maybe it can be a shot in the arm for Geno and Phil.

Maybe. We don't even know if the guy can play in the NHL and more importantly, can he play defensively? Because right now most of our forwards can't or refuse to backcheck and can't clear a puck from the D zone worth ****

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
When they waive Archi, I"ll be a tad pissed. Wilson/Archi could have been solid 4th line wingers. Instead we get Rowney, McKegg, Reaves, and Kuhn. Bleeh.
McKegg has soundly outplayed what we've seen from Archi imo, and he does it at center.

And maybe I'm crazy, but I just don't see what you do in Wilson. He's fine. That's it.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
McKegg has soundly outplayed what we've seen from Archi imo, and he does it at center.

And maybe I'm crazy, but I just don't see what you do in Wilson. He's fine. That's it.

Wilson is a great 4th liner. He flies around and hits. He has skill to score. He can move up if needed. He's that guy for the Pens roster that is solid because he's versatile. He put up 26 points last year with a TOI 10:57. He put up 0 powerplay points so that is 26 all at EV.

IF the name of the game is 4 skilled lines, how does he not fit in better than Rowney, Reaves, Archi, etc?

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
When they waive Archi, I"ll be a tad pissed. Wilson/Archi could have been solid 4th line wingers. Instead we get Rowney, McKegg, Reaves, and Kuhn. Bleeh.

Well, let's see how badly Rowney is injured. If he goes on LTIR, Archi won't be waived, but he can't help if he's not being played anyway. Some of the decisions are perplexing. I love how Sully is saying they're a "flawed" team...would he say any of his lineup decisions contribute to that?

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Wilson is a great 4th liner. He flies around and hits. He has skill to score. He can move up if needed. He's that guy for the Pens roster that is solid because he's versatile. He put up 26 points last year with a TOI 10:57. He put up 0 powerplay points so that is 26 all at EV.

IF the name of the game is 4 skilled lines, how does he not fit in better than Rowney, Reaves, Archi, etc?
He's competing with Kuhn, who has put up identical production as an NHLer while also being a great PK guy.

WheresRamziAbid

Oct 31, 2013

If all are healthy Archi and Rowney wont be playing so i dont see why it matters if Wilson is better. And id wager Det wasnt gonna trade Sheahan for Archi

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Well he's wearing Under Armour so I guess I'm in. And he's doing 1 leg explosive jumps, which are part of Shaun T's Asylum workout. So I'm in again. Whatever. I'm in.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I don't know why I find this so funny. :laugh:

Probably because you could get your fat-mess of a neighbor with the bearclaw fetish who's arteries look like Slim Jims to do the same thing (once) and it clearly has no bearing on his fitness or readiness to compete.

"Holy shit! That dude just did a little bunny hop while holding a weight! Look out, NHL!"

Last edited:

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Probably because you could get your fat-mess of a neighbor with the bearclaw fetish who's arteries look like Slim Jims to do the same thing (once) and it clearly has no bearing on his fitness or readiness to compete.

"Holy ****! That dude just did a little bunny hop while holding a weight! Look out, NHL!"

Yeah, I think it being a 1 second video was what really did it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad