Salary Cap: The Salary Cap Thread | Something Happened!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA
Seriously it needs to be for like a fifth round pick and Rowney or something like that. JR hopefully keeps looking up until the trade deadline and gets someone to bump Sheahan to the fourth line

Sideline

May 23, 2004
I assume he's not going to cost much? I'm not really a fan of spending cap space in him, but JR gets some leeway from me on account of his successful Schultz reclamation.

Edit: Wilson and a pick swap. Well I'll officially not like this if the Penguins are moving down. Detroit needed to move money.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I don’t mind the deal at all. Wilson is not in our lineup every day. Sheahan may not be the answer, but we don’t give up much to find out.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
Scott Wilson and a third for Sheahan and a 5th.

I don't really care about Wilson or the third, even though we've had tremendous luck with our mid-round picks lately.

I just don't like spending assets on a nobody like Sheahan. But, if JR and Sully see potential in the guy and think he's a good fit/upgrade, so be it. I guess I'll hold off on judging it until time has passed.

wheelz87

LGP
Jun 28, 2011
Pittsburgh
I don’t mind the deal at all. Wilson is not in our lineup every day. Sheahan may not be the answer, but we don’t give up much to find out.

He's not in our lineup but he should have been over Kuhn.
This the end of Keggers? We just got a lot slower if so.. identity changing and I don't like it.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017

Maybe Wilson wasn't playing because of the imminent trade?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
Wilson was not anything special, boys. Relax.

Not saying Sheahan is, but to worry about one of our hoard of bottom-6 nothingmancers is worrying just to worry. As for the third, I'd rather not have spent that, but odds are it's a pretty low value asset anyway. We've hit some gems in mid-rounds the past several years, but for every Guentzel there's a dozen or two Keven Viellauexs or CPZs.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
So we lose the best player in the deal....and lose the better pick....for a guy who isn't even better than McKegg. Geez.

Oh well.

Reactions: MurrKess3081

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA
Wilson was not anything special, boys. Relax.

Not saying Sheahan is, but to worry about one of our hoard of bottom-6 nothingmancers is worrying just to worry. As for the third, I'd rather not have spent that, but odds are it's a pretty low value asset anyway. We've hit some gems in mid-rounds the past several years, but for every Guentzel there's a dozen or two Keven Viellauexs or CPZs.

Wilson might not have been anything special but he is better than Sheahan and also better than Kuhnhackl. We should have been able to get this guy for much less... Or preferably not traded for him at all

Reactions: wheelz87
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad