Post-Game Talk: The Rangers Win the League!!

3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Made a gametime decision to go to this one.

Drunk as f***. To the point where I’m going to go invite @EdJovanovski
To crash on my couch for the parade if they win this whole thing.

Brady Tkachuk is the ugliest mother f***er I’ve seen in my life. Makes sloth from the goonies look like Wennberg.

Shout out to the dud with the #45 kakko
jersey who bought me a drink. You’re an OG and if you post here, I love you and your friend who clearly didn’t want anything to do with me or my friend.

I’m going to regret this so
much tomorrow morning but right now everything is awesome. Bring on who ever the f*** wins that second wild card. If it’s Pitt, we’ll beat you and the refs agai but in 5 this time.

Release me @Machinehead

The invite is for real though Jovo. My dog may pee on you and my girlfriend will probably hate you, but I’ll take you out to get real pizza.
We love you, brother.

tlk

Jan 7, 2020
Yekaterinburg
I’m going to go invite @EdJovanovski
To crash on my couch for the parade if they win this whole thing.
tumblr_pnxumefBrW1qh3mulo1_r1_500.gifv

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Congrats to you all here we don’t get many victory laps but deserve one for an amazing season. 99.99 percent of them don’t go like this. And if you complained more than you celebrated this team I feel for you because it can be a lot darker than what it’s been like the last 15 years or so. We’ve had it good. This being great.

Now this team needs to finish the job. I think they can. Especially with shesterkin locked in. The D pairs figured out and if chytil comes back we may have some depth scoring. I loved Roslovic’s game tonight too. He played great hockey game.

Lot to be excited

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
I am actually grateful Trouba came back before the end of the season otherwise we would be starting game 1 with him in the top 4 and Schneider playing in bottom pairing.
I don’t know if he was actually good but Schneider looks like he’s taken a bit of another step and is skating and moving with the puck better. His big weakness still in a lot of ways is moving the puck in his own end below the goal line but he can get it up the ice well in his own

Reactions: Ginger Papa

WhereO Is Kakko

Mar 24, 2022
So much to be happy with tonite of course, but I still can’t get over how Brady TcaGoof was trying to force the Rangers to move the puck in the last 15 seconds tonite, getting all up in the face of the last 3 guys to touch the puck. Fk dude, it’s 4-0, ya fkkn lost. Just stay in your own end. Code of the road and all that. What an insufferable pricktard.

So anyways, who’s starting a bracket challenge on here?

80s Kid

Feb 20, 2023
AZ
I don't watch enough of the rest of the league, but I am just not convinced this team is very good. It's shocking to me they won the league. Hope I'm wrong. Guess we'll see what happens in the playoffs.
I think you need to watch other teams more often.

Look, anything is possible in the playoffs...No guarantees. That being said, I've watched a lot more games of other teams this year and have seen bad plays made by McDavid, Makar, MacKinnon, Crosby, etc. on multiple occasions. These are the best players in the world but they are still human and make mistakes.

The Rangers have their warts too but I like their odds just as much as any of the other teams. I just feel like people believe this perfect team exists and it doesn't.

I actually do find analytics interesting but still believe they're in their infancy in terms of predictive power. What I really believe is that there is not one formula to win. Your best bet is likely going to be a team that can adapt and win against different types of teams and styles of play. You also need luck (refs, injuries, puck, etc ).

I also think this team is a level above last year's team in terms of depth and the additions of Cuylle and Rempe should allow us to play a heavier game compared to last season without sacrificing scoring.

Finally, as MH previously stated, the East isn't as stacked as it was last year. The West is loaded and will be a gauntlet for those teams.

TominNC

Jul 17, 2017
Charlotte, NC
I realize the comment won't go over well but I didn't say they are bad. I'm just more in shock that a team with this many flaws wont the President's trophy. Maybe that's the new NHL with the level of parity these days.

I assume they can make a deep run, but I wouldn't be shocked if they go out in round 1. I hope I'm wrong.
Please point out the perfect teams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad