Speculation: The Quest to sign Lindholm: Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pennaduck

Aug 17, 2016
Pennsylvania
Idk why we wouldn't just add a 1st to stoner to get it done at this point... was a dumb contract to begin with.

I'm with you on that. I think it's silly not to move our first if that gets Stoner off the books and allows us to keep all of our young Dmen. Chances are we end up moving another player or two later this year and can recoup a first anyway. Plus, it looks like our last draft was pretty decent so worst case scenario, we could probably afford to miss a first round pick this season with how our team is structured.

Pennaduck

Aug 17, 2016
Pennsylvania
Wonder if Anaheim would consider trading Silfverberg to Boston straight up for Spooner?

Both players are off to poor starts. Saves Anaheim about 3 million in cap space.

I would consider it. Silfverberg has a really important role for us though on our shutdown line with Kesler though, so I doubt many other Ducks fans would go for it. Plus we really should be trimming salary from the back end rather than moving established NHL players from our already shallow forward group. So at most it would probably be a lateral move for us, producing some cap space at the expense of one of our best defensive forwards. The better option is to package Stoner with something decent to get rid of that contract.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
Wonder if Anaheim would consider trading Silfverberg to Boston straight up for Spooner?

Both players are off to poor starts. Saves Anaheim about 3 million in cap space.

Silfverberg is always off to a slow start. It's how he ends the season that matters for Anaheim.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
So, McKenzie will report on Despres going to LTIR, but he wouldn't post news about Lindholm being available because it doesn't appeal to the average fan.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Guess he's not playing this season - you can't activate him without the cap space (after resigning Lindholm)

Despres is dealing with a concussion that probably goes back to something like last week of last year. Do you really think we're worried about being able to activate him? Some of us are wondering if he'll even have a career beyond this point.

Edit: Case in point - see above post. And below.

Pennaduck

Aug 17, 2016
Pennsylvania
Guess he's not playing this season - you can't activate him without the cap space (after resigning Lindholm)

He's going to be out a while. It gives the Ducks more time to work in Lindholm and deal with the cap issues later in the season. Personally, I think his career is over, but that is just a hunch based on nothing really.

**** Tyson Barrie

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
He's going to be out a while. It gives the Ducks more time to work in Lindholm and deal with the cap issues later in the season. Personally, I think his career is over, but that is just a hunch based on nothing really.

**** Tyson Barrie

Don't forget **** Landeskog. Cross checked Despres in the damn neck in the next game against the Avs, right after Despres got back from the concussion.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
Keep Despres on LTIR for rest of season he needs to rest and get proper recovery from concussions and needs to be protected from himself wanting to play even if he still has some problems.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
See I don't believe that part of the rumor(the cost being an equal defensemen), like I said in other thread if you trade lindholm you are saying basically fowler is your guy and lindholm is expendable(to an extent). I think it makes more sense if your going to move him move him for a top flight young forward, or a solid top 4 dmen and a good forward piece + depending on those pieces.

Jvr@50 + gardiner for lindholm and stoner is actually prob a pretty close, decent move in my book(but I also have no intention of trading lindholm.

Fowler + Manson
Gardiner + Vatanen
Larsson/Theodore + Bieksa

isn't a horrible D, and jvr makes our forward lines much better, I'm not sure if you guys take Stoner we need the 50 percent off retention, would much rather have a solid forward prospect instead

I can't see adding a prospect instead of taking a cap dump being an issue.
The Leafs have a boatload of forward prospects and not enough spots.
Like you said, it won't happen but I agree ts pretty fair for both sides.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
The only team with legitimate cap space is Carolina.

Now if Anaheim is willing to move Limdholm, the Canes also have lots of defensive talent. Perhaps there's a deal there.

However, I don't see how Anaheim ever frees up the cap space to make a serious move.

The put Depres on LTIR which frees up his cap space. They could put Thompson and Rakell on LTIR which would free up another almost $5M in cap space.

Still long term they will likely need to move Fowler and Stoner.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
Lindholm is now only worth $4mil?

Thompson will probably also go on LTIR. That's 1.6. Stoner/Theodore will be sent down when Lindholm signs. That's ~900k. 1/2 forwards will go down when Rakell gets back. That's another ~600k/1.2mil. That will give us around 7 million to sign Lindholm.

aj8000

Jun 5, 2010
Thompson has a torn achilles I am sure he is going to LTIR.

The funny thing is, why didn't they put him on LTIR the same time as Depres? You would think they would do them both at the same time?

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
The funny thing is, why didn't they put him on LTIR the same time as Depres? You would think they would do them both at the same time?

Little known fact, BM reads the hfboards and does things to get reactions out of other fan bases so he has something to read while he drinks his coffee.

aj8000

Jun 5, 2010
Little known fact, BM reads the hfboards and does things to get reactions out of other fan bases so he has something to read while he drinks his coffee.

That is funny stuff, not sure my post was a significant reaction tho.

I was thinking more along the lines he may have his deal (or close to a deal) to move someone now to get his extra space. Stoner?

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
That is funny stuff, not sure my post was a significant reaction tho.

I was thinking more along the lines he may have his deal (or close to a deal) to move someone now to get his extra space. Stoner?

Thats what I would guess... but stoner is actually an acceptable nhl player... someone please take bieska :laugh:

I don't mind stoner playing with our young guys to get them used to the nhl but man putting our young guys with bieska is not a situation to succeed in.

At this point I honestly don't even care who move(outside of lindholm being the one moved), I just want it to be done with so we can start working on making the team a contender again, granted it seems we shot ourselves in the foot

even with lindholm and rakell back I think were still a top 6 forward away from being a contender, we have plenty of pieces to make a move for 1 at the deadline I think the biggest concern would be in the form of cap space.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad