Speculation: The Quest to sign Lindholm: Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
Keep Fowler, let Lindholm dream about 7 mil per season while he sits on his couch in Sweden.

No rush on Rakell since he isn't medically ready.

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
Keep Fowler, let Lindholm dream about 7 mil per season while he sits on his couch in Sweden.

No rush on Rakell since he isn't medically ready.

I hate to say it, but I agree
We are in trouble without Hampus this year, but Fowler will be harder to replace than many think I believe.

Even though we struggle this year, we could be further screwed with bad deals for Hampus and Rakell

Let them sit, I hear Sweden is really nice, so they will be fine.

As December 1 rolls around we could be looking like a lottery team, but I can live with it, we aren't looking like a powerhouse anyway

PokerPig

Jan 10, 2009
Burnaby, BC
I know the Canucks cannot fit the cap but hows this for the value?

Derek Dorsett, Brock Boeser, Olli Juolevi
for
Rickard Rakell, Hampus Lindholm

Anaheim gets a veteran forward plus huge savings with two players on ELC in exchange for their expensive RFAs. Kind of the mystery box approach but if the budget is that tight might not be a bad move.

Canucks bridge the age gap with a 23 and 22 year old in return for their top 2 prospects, both help expedite the rebuild on the fly.

gallagt01

Jun 10, 2006
Sloan

for

Anaheim gets a veteran forward plus huge savings with two players on ELC in exchange for their expensive RFAs. Kind of the mystery box approach but if the budget is that tight might not be a bad move.

Canucks bridge the age gap with a 23 and 22 year old in return for their top 2 prospects, both help expedite the rebuild on the fly.

That's very bad for ANA.

CanuckGame39

Oct 13, 2006
Vancouver, B.C.

for

Is this a joke? LOL like wow.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013

for

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
Ah, yes. Typical futures deals that don't do anything. This time with added cap dump flavor.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012

for

Lol....
Start with your unprotected 1st then add a few more pieces

PokerPig

Jan 10, 2009
Burnaby, BC
That's very bad for ANA.

Is this a joke? LOL like wow.

Anaheim cannot seem to sign these players..

Former top 10 pick dman for former top 10 pick dman..

Former 1st round forward only since trended up for former 1st round former only since trended up..

RFA contracts vs 3 years of cheap

Anaheim is stacked with defenseman and can wait 1-2 yrs for Juolevi to catch up..

Anaheim avoids paying Rakell 3-4 mill and signs Boeser for 925k at years end in time for the playoffs when his season is done..

Dorsett fills in as a veteran forward in the meantime..

Canucks likely take on 6 extra million when all said and done and have to protect both players, Anaheim gets two protection slots opened up as both prospects are exempt for this and likely next expansion too..

I see some reasons why... care to share some why nots? Anaheim gives up the better players now, Vancouver gives up cap space, expansion slots and their best two prospects..

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012

Former 1st round forward only since trended up for former 1st round former only since trended up..

Anaheim is stacked with defenseman and can wait 1-2 yrs for Juolevi to catch up..

Anaheim avoids paying Rakell 3-4 mill and signs Boeser for 925k at years end in time for the playoffs when his season is done..

Canucks likely take on 6 extra million when all said and done and have to protect both players, Anaheim gets two protection slots opened up as both prospects are exempt for this and likely next expansion too..

I see some reasons why... care to share some why nots? Anaheim gives up the better players now, Vancouver gives up cap space, expansion slots and their best two prospects..
Just stop please. Lindholm is a top 20 dmen in the league arguably and trending up, still very young. Rakell is a versatile forward with a ton of skill.

I wouldn't give you lindholm alone for that package and in all honesty I don't think the nucks have the pieces to trade for them.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Fowler for Trouba?

Anaheim gets the space to sign their RFA's.

Winnipeg gets that young LHD they want.

Anaheim can then trade Trouba to the highest bidder.

A base at least.

Winnipeg so mad at trouba they trade him to Anaheim because they know we won't pay our rfas so he'll have to sit out and watch the season with lindholm and rakell.

CanuckGame39

Oct 13, 2006
Vancouver, B.C.

Dude. Why the **** would the Canucks trade the two most promising prospects we've had since the Sedins?

Why would the Ducks trade for two unproven prospects when they are in win NOW mode.

It just doesn't work. As a canucks fan I would legit riot (I know) if the Canucks traded Boeser and Juolevi.

CanuckGame39

Oct 13, 2006
Vancouver, B.C.
Just stop please. Lindholm is a top 20 dmen in the league arguably and trending up, still very young. Rakell is a versatile forward with a ton of skill.

I wouldn't give you lindholm alone for that package and in all honesty I don't think the nucks have the pieces to trade for them.

I understand the Ducks are in win now mode, but you obviously know nothing about Boeser or Juolevi if you wouldn't trade Lindholm for them. Like come on lol...

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Dude. Why the **** would the Canucks trade the two most promising prospects we've had since the Sedins?

Why would the Ducks trade for two unproven prospects when they are in win NOW mode.

It just doesn't work. As a canucks fan I would legit riot (I know) if the Canucks traded Boeser and Juolevi.
Ya I'm sure the canucks would riot adding a top 20 dmen and a legit top6 forward that are still young.

Specially if the add to the 2 prospects is Dorsett... I can't imagine how pissed canucks fans would be.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Fowler for Trouba?

Anaheim gets the space to sign their RFA's.

Winnipeg gets that young LHD they want.

Anaheim can then trade Trouba to the highest bidder.

A base at least.

No. We aren't going to sign Trouba for what he wants, and in the meantime he's just sitting there. The longer it goes, the more likely it is that he requests a trade. Again. His value will depreciate.

If we were in a position to sign Trouba, I'd be fine with that. I like Trouba as a player. But it sounds like he wants what Lindholm wants, and he deserves that money even less. I'd even prefer a very good young prospect, and maybe a high draft pick to that. Those are assets that will increase in value over time. Trouba won't. Not when he isn't playing, and not when he's pissed that he's sitting.

CanuckGame39

Oct 13, 2006
Vancouver, B.C.
Ya I'm sure the canucks would riot adding a top 20 dmen and a legit top6 forward that are still young.

Specially if the add to the 2 prospects is Dorsett... I can't imagine how pissed canucks fans would be.

I wouldn't normally feel comfortable speaking for an entire fan base. But in this case, I can tell you there isn't a single canucks fan that would give up Boeser or Juolevi for the Ducks package.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I wouldn't normally feel comfortable speaking for an entire fan base. But in this case, I can tell you there isn't a single canucks fan that would give up Boeser or Juolevi for the Ducks package.

I assume they realize that it's a dream scenario and don't want to tease themselves.

Only explanation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad