Prospect Info: The Prospect Thread

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX
It's the playoffs. I agree that the kids need to play a full season but 2nd/3rd of the playoffs is not where you just toss rookies in because of a youth push.

The thing that is important is winning eight now. The further we go the better it is for our prospects on the ice right now
I agree; let our prospects on this team finish this postseason out. Good full-time team experience for them. Don’t shake up the roster all of a sudden bringing in younger guys who will have their opportunity next AHL season.

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
I for one want to see him play 6 minutes on the 4th line with career AHLers. I think that will be good for his development. Sitting on the bench in crunch time will be good for him.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Last time I checked, Texas won 2 games and are leading game 3 by a goal

lmao but wahh wahhhh plz play jason robertson :( :( :(

Elie came out of the lineup because of injury, sorry I wanted a good prospect in the lineup and not some ECHL scrub.

Dallasman

Jun 23, 2002
Edmonton,Alberta
Give it up with the Robertson playing stuff. He hasn't earned anything yet in the AHL and Laxdal is being good to the vets. Robertson's time will come.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
The echl scrub scored a big goal for them tonight .

Yea Im sure the guy who put up back to back 40 goal seasons in the OHL will have problems scoring in the AHL lawls

Austin Fyten got 55 goals in his WHL career so I'm sure he's good lawls

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Yea Im sure the guy who put up back to back 40 goal seasons in the OHL will have problems scoring in the AHL lawls

Austin Fyten got 55 goals in his WHL career so I'm sure he's good lawls

yes i also think the coach is gonna thrust a player hes unfamiliar with into the lineup in the 3rd round of the playoffs

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
I mean, he put Nyberg in tonight instead of O'Brien, Hansson, or Paliotta so why is it so crazy to think he would put in Robertson.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
I mean, he put Nyberg in tonight instead of O'Brien, Hansson, or Paliotta so why is it so crazy to think he would put in Robertson.

Nyberg is 21 with professional experience. It's not remotely comparable. Just as Shapiro has pointed out multiple times, the AHL coach is given the leeway to ice the best lineup in the playoffs because winning is important for the top prospects. Most of the ECHL scrubs you're referring to have been major contributors to the playoff run that is hugely beneficial to Hintz, Dickinson, Gurianov, Heatherington, and Bayreuther who actually could contribute to the NHL next season.

Robertson's development is hardly stalled seeing his been playing meaningful games since September in Traverse City, at camp with Dallas and 84 games in the OHL. I mean if we're going to complain about Robertson, let's pile on with Heiskanen who could have joined Texas as well after the World Championships. Dallas chose to not even bring him over considering he's been playing since August in Champions League, Liiga, and about 6 international tournaments.

All that said, Misty is absolutely correct. We're essentially arguing over less than 10 minutes at ES with no PP time. Every year Texas brings in 19 year old picks and some 20 year olds that sit and just get acclimated to pro life. The only exceptions have been non-playoff years. Even Faksa was a 20 year old when he played a key role for Texas in 2014.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
4th line AHLer Gurianov is close to the NHL? 4th line AHLer Gurianov is close to returning to the KHL.

jballa95

Aug 18, 2013
Now's time to put in Robertson, I also don't understand some of the coaching decisions by the Stars. Why put in Nyberg, after winning 3 straight with the d-core they had? Why separate and Gurianov and Hintz and demote Gurianov to the 4th line after winning 3 straight? Now Rockford has all of the momentum and is starting to look like choking is built right into the system.

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
Now's time to put in Robertson, I also don't understand some of the coaching decisions by the Stars. Why put in Nyberg, after winning 3 straight with the d-core they had? Why separate and Gurianov and Hintz and demote Gurianov to the 4th line after winning 3 straight? Now Rockford has all of the momentum and is starting to look like choking is built right into the system.
ROTFLOL
All the games have been super close, do you not want the coach to make adjustments based on what he sees? Plus its the playoffs, everyone has about 4 injuries you haven't heard about. If somebody can't go at 70% on one knee/shoulder/ankle/whatever, it's stupid to not adjust the lines to get your best lineup.

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary

Heatherington was hurt, so that's why Nyberg played. I haven't really watched the games so can't say much, but it looked like Gury and Hintz had some chemistry together

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017

Heater was sick I believe so he came out, put him back in for game 5. Nyberg played well so coach kept him in for game 5 and moved Mangene up to forward with Laberge coming out. Gurianov is a lazy, inconsistent, unimpressive player so thats why he got demoted to fourth line.

jballa95

Aug 18, 2013
Heater was sick I believe so he came out, put him back in for game 5. Nyberg played well so coach kept him in for game 5 and moved Mangene up to forward with Laberge coming out. Gurianov is a lazy, inconsistent, unimpressive player so thats why he got demoted to fourth line.
That's my bad on the lack of knowledge about Heatherington, but apparently Gurianov didn't look great 2nd or 3rd game that's why he got demoted, but I do think Hintz and Gurianov had some chemistry. I think Gurianov lacks confidence and consistency, and I think playing with Hintz helped him, which also says a lot about how Hintz has played in these playoffs.

Reactions: Kcb12345

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Hintz is just a good all around player all over the ice. Not great at anything but not really weak at anything.

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX
Was at the game tonight, a small score compared to the rest of the series. I still haven’t found out where Gurianov was?

Last edited:

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX
Hintz played a really well 2-way game; much like Faksa. They had some chances through regulation and it was a tight game. More AHL postseason play is nothing but positive. Congrats Texas Stars.

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
Hintz is a beauty. I hope he makes the team next year. I know he's playing C, but he might be a good replacement for Roussel with Faksa

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad