The Prospect Thread II (McKay called up)

Status
Not open for further replies.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Based on upside:
Moniak
Lewis
Ray

On what I think they will become:
Moniak
Ray
Lewis

Really you can't go wrong with either. Moniak and Lewis has similar upsides (Moniak slightly higher). Ray doesn't have their upside but he's a player who could be very good for a long time very very soon. Ray will move quickly.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
I took Moniak. I traded up to pick #6 and took Kevin Maitan. I don't know much about him other than he's crazy young, and that he was a prized international free agent.

MurrayBannerman

I post about baseball on a hockey forum
Feb 18, 2012
CHI
I think including the Marlins top prospect is unfair. Isn't Garrett pretty highly thought of?

He is and so was Luis Castillo, but he got dealt. After them, there's a lot of guys like Kolek and Garrett who have good ceilings, but carry tons of risk. From about 6-10, I'm not sure there's even MLB upside there and if there is, it's like fringey 4th OF stuff.

For the Brewers, it's a lot of the Kolek/Garrett types.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
I'm curious as to what makes some of the 1B above Tellez consistently rank above him in all of these list(most don't even have him on) when his performance is as good or better then pretty much every 1B prospect in baseball.

MurrayBannerman

I post about baseball on a hockey forum
Feb 18, 2012
CHI
I'm not sure if Cotton is a top 100 guy in my mind. I still have to sit down and actually put it together though.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Is Alex Jackson (Braves) still projected to be a decent MLB player? I know that he hasn't been great in the minors, and that the Braves may try him at catcher. Maybe a change of scenery will do him good? Or has his star faded already?

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Is Alex Jackson (Braves) still projected to be a decent MLB player? I know that he hasn't been great in the minors, and that the Braves may try him at catcher. Maybe a change of scenery will do him good? Or has his star faded already?

I believe they're trying him back at catcher. Too early to tell as they just picked him up over the offseason.

darko

Feb 16, 2009

Not writting him off just yet.

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016

Luis Robert will be attending a private workout for the White Sox next week and they're the lead favorites to land the 19 year old.

Well-regarded Cuban outfield prospect Luis Robert held a showcase Thursday in the Dominican Republic, and “high-ranking team officials†from several major league clubs were on hand, according to Ben Badler of Baseball America (click to watch footage of Robert). “Nearly all teams†sent someone to watch Robert, per Badler, who reported in March that the White Sox seem to be the likeliest landing spot for the 19-year-old. The White Sox sent special assistant Marco Paddy to observe Robert, and they have scheduled a private workout with him for next week. The Astros will also work out Robert, though they’ve already exceeded their 2016-17 international bonus pool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad