The Prospect Thread II (McKay called up)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Who out of the top 10 in the 2015 draft

Swanson
Bregman
Rodgers
Tate
Tucker
Jay
Benintendi
Fulmer
Happ
Randolph

are expected to the in MLB next year?

MurrayBannerman

I post about baseball on a hockey forum
Feb 18, 2012
CHI
What don't you like about Jay and Randolph? Is Fulmer going to start next year as a starter or a reliever?

Randolph is a COF who can't really hit for power. Jay just has reliever risk. Both can make it but both are the riskiest of the bunch.

Reliever, I'm guessing.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
If you asked me this before Desmond signing i would've said that Rodgers is a good chance to play in majors.

Filip Chytil

Mar 3, 2014
http://herosports.com/2017-mlb-draf...tchers-hunter-greene-kyle-wright-tristan-beck

2017 MLB Draft Top 10 RH Pitchers by Christopher Crawford for those interested with some bits of info on each.

Crawford's list:

10. Peter Solomon, Notre Dame
9. Hans Crouse, Dana Point HS
8. Tristan Beck, Stanford
7. Hagen Danner, Huntington Beach HS
6. J.B. Bukauskas, North Carolina
5. Corbin Martin, Texas A&M
4. Tanner Houck, Missouri
3. Alex Faedo, Florida
2. Kyle Wright, Vanderbilt
1. Hunter Greene, Notre Dame HS

He's got a couple other top 10 lists out. Corner infielders and LH Pitchers.

MurrayBannerman

I post about baseball on a hockey forum
Feb 18, 2012
CHI
http://herosports.com/2017-mlb-draf...tchers-hunter-greene-kyle-wright-tristan-beck

2017 MLB Draft Top 10 RH Pitchers by Christopher Crawford for those interested with some bits of info on each.

Crawford's list:

10. Peter Solomon, Notre Dame
9. Hans Crouse, Dana Point HS
8. Tristan Beck, Stanford
7. Hagen Danner, Huntington Beach HS
6. J.B. Bukauskas, North Carolina
5. Corbin Martin, Texas A&M
4. Tanner Houck, Missouri
3. Alex Faedo, Florida
2. Kyle Wright, Vanderbilt
1. Hunter Greene, Notre Dame HS

He's got a couple other top 10 lists out. Corner infielders and LH Pitchers.

Have seen the bolded personally.

Filip Chytil

Mar 3, 2014
Chris Crawford's 2017 MLB Draft Top 10 OF Prospect List: http://herosports.com/mlb-draft/2017-top-10-outfielders-jeren-kendall-uselton-gigliotti

10. Conner Uselton, Southmoore HS
9. Calvin Mitchell, Rancho Bernardo HS
8. Drew Waters, Etowah HS
7. Quentin Holmes, Monsignor McClancy HS
6. Michael Gigliotti, Lipscomb
5. Cole Turney, William B. Travis HS
4. Keston Hiura, UC Irvine
3. Garrett Mitchell, Orange Lutheran HS
2. Jo Adell, Ballard HS
1. Jeren Kendall, Vanderbilt

His comments on Adell:

I saw a lot of good prep bats this summer, but they all paled in comparison to Adell. There is legitimate plus-plus power potential in his right-handed bat, and while the swing has some length, he has enough bat-speed and plane to suggest he'll be able to hit for average, too. He's also a plus-plus runner with a weapons-grade arm, and he's a quality defensive player who can handle any of the three outfield positions.

He pitches, too, but Adell is too good with the bat for him to end up on the mound.

His comments on Kendall:

It doesn't always out, but Kendall's decision to attend Vanderbilt despite getting looks in the second-round has appeared to pay off. Outside of pitch, there isn't anything he can't do on the baseball diamond. His line-drive stroke with above-average bat speed gives him a chance for a 60-grade hit tool, and even without much plane, there's a chance for solid-average power in his left-handed bat. He's a double-plus runner who can make a difference with his wheels on the bases, and they also help him play plus defense in center. Add in a plus arm with carry and accuracy, and you one of -- if not the -- best players in the 2017 draft.

Crawford's Middle Infielders Top 10 List for 2017 Draft prospects: http://herosports.com/mlb-draft/201...shortstop-royce-lewis-hunter-greene-guthrie#1

10. Devin Hairston, Louisville
9. Joe Dunand, North Carolina State
8. Adam Hall, Lucas Secondary School
7. Kevin Smith, Maryland
6. Ricardo De La Torre, Puerto Rico Baseball Academy
5. Brady McConnell, Merritt Island HS
4. Nick Allen, Francis Parker HS
3. Dalton Guthrie, Florida
2. Hunter Greene, Notre Dame HS
1. Royce Lewis, J Serra Catholic HS

His comments on Lewis:

Saying Lewis improved his draft status over the summer may be the understatement of this series. He crushed everything, and showed the bat speed, plane and hands to have a plus hit tool. He's also a double-plus runner, so once he's on base, he can give pitchers fits.

There's also a chance for some power here, although the swing is better geared for contact. The question mark going forward is where he's going to play. He's certainly athletic enough to stay at shortstop, but some see center as his most likely home.

I'd give him a chance to stick, and if he can he has a chance to be an impact player. It shouldn't shock anyone if he's a Top 5 pick this June.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad