The Penguins aren't going away anytime soon

Trade

Guentzel is ELITE
Apr 13, 2015
Once Crosby and Malkin retire they are toast. They have one of the worst prospect pools as well.

Cant wait to see it
I’m sure you’re an expert on the Pens’ prospects.

The difference is once our prospects start playing, they play well unlike some teams who have bigger names who ultimately flop.

We’ll take our three Cups in 8 years and our lottery pick first overall, please. ;)

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
Eh im good. Ill take Pronman and others rankings over you homers. After all, its just predictions by those writers..

I'm not sure why a post I made in the Kassian on Osterle thread is quoted here or what it has to do with your response?

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Once Crosby and Malkin retire they are toast. They have one of the worst prospect pools as well.

Cant wait to see it

I guess, but the Pittsburgh model is basically to suck when their superstars age out/retire and then get lucky when there are elite forwards available at the draft when they suck.

Reactions: phillydownsouth

phillydownsouth

Giroux is your daddy
Sep 18, 2019
I guess, but the Pittsburgh model is basically to suck when their superstars age out/retire and then get lucky when there are elite forwards available at the draft when they suck.

except for this year. They are missing out on what could possibly be the best draft class ever. Gonna be fun to watch

Paperbagofglory

Nov 15, 2010
They went from Lemieux Francis, To Lemieux Jagr, to Crosby Malkin in a short transition period, that's insane. I don't think any team has had such a swath of generational players transition from one era to the next so quickly. They are going to finally join the average talent club with the rest of the NHL and have a lot of lean years that their younger fans just aren't used to.

Reactions: phillydownsouth

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
2015 was damn good in the first few picks. I think 2020 may be deeper though. (Assuming the top guys turn out as expected)

Fine, but we're talking about Lemieux, Jagr, Crosby, Malkin caliber prospects. Its pretty unreasonable to expect that out of any of the guys available in the upcoming draft.

phillydownsouth

Giroux is your daddy
Sep 18, 2019
Fine, but we're talking about Lemieux, Jagr, Crosby, Malkin caliber prospects. Its pretty unreasonable to expect that out of any of the guys available in the upcoming draft.

2003 & 2005 were also really talented years. I think Lafrenière is definitely up there with the best new age players. Hard to compare players to Lemieux though. The sport has evolved greatly & so have playing styles

heysmilinstrange

Nov 10, 2016
except for this year. They are missing out on what could possibly be the best draft class ever. Gonna be fun to watch

I'm really puzzled about why you seem to think the Penguins are in danger of missing the playoffs when they haven't since 2007 and are currently 1 point out.

Reactions: BHD

phillydownsouth

Giroux is your daddy
Sep 18, 2019
Wait, so the Penguins are supposed to be upset about missing a lottery pick? I'd think they'd rather make the playoffs again.

dude youre literally coming up with your own narrative here lmao. What are you talking about?

Dude above said their model is to start sucking when elite prospects come available. I said this year is loaded with elite prospects.... so i said they are missing out..... :help::help:

heysmilinstrange

Nov 10, 2016
dude youre literally coming up with your own narrative here lmao. What are you talking about?

Dude above said their model is to start sucking when elite prospects come available. I said this year is loaded with elite prospects.... so i said they are missing out..... :help::help:

You know elite prospects are available in more years than just this one, right? I'm pretty sure the Penguins will be bad enough to get an elite prospect eventually.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
I’m sure you’re an expert on the Pens’ prospects.

The difference is once our prospects start playing, they play well unlike some teams who have bigger names who ultimately flop.

We’ll take our three Cups in 8 years and our lottery pick first overall, please. ;)

Which has nothing to do at all with the quality of your prospects. I agree, you should be happy with Cups instead of prospects. But that doesn't change the fact that he's right... your prospect pool is one of the weakest in the league. Doesn't take away your championships, but your championships don't change that fact either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad