The Other Sports Thread (Titans, Vols, Dores, etc) - Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
Anyone want an update to the sad state of Pitt basketball under Kevin Stallings?

Here you go:

Pitt basketball just finished the season with a record of 8-23.

They have lost 18 in a row, going 0-18 in the ACC. They haven't won since December 22.

Against Virginia they scored 7 points in the first half. Yes that is 7 points. I don't know how that is even possible.

They set multiple low attendance records.

So, Good times. :cry::(

On a positive note, they did get 4 players on the ACC All-Academic list.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Sooooo... Louisville figures out how to blow a 4 point lead with less than a second on the clock and lose.... in regulation...

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
#24 MTSU crushed WKU tonight! I'm still having a hard time adjusting to Middle being good at basketball, and it's been a few years now too.
091117_gif_bearded_fan_med.gif

Reactions: Legionnaire11

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Freshman Donavan Sims is from Blackman and lived in Berkshire, where we live. He's really playing well for a freshman...

This is the kind of locality that makes college basketball enjoyable. I'm not a huge fan of the one and done that dominates the top end of the sport but love this kind of connection.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Vols play for a banner tomorrow. Crazy to think this team was picked #13 in the SEC.

UT lost to Auburn so won't they need Auburn to lose to win the regualar season title?

What I like is Auburn is about to win the SEC and Murray State should have beaten them back in December

TitansVolsPreds615

Feb 19, 2015
UT lost to Auburn so won't they need Auburn to lose to win the regualar season title?
No they would be co-champs. Either wins outright with a win and a loss by the other. Auburn would be the 1 seed in the SECT based on head to head victory over UT though.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Looks like my Racers are trying to give my my annual OVC tournament heartbreak a night early... they were lead g Jacksonville by 20 but have given up 13 unanswered points....

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
I was watching a sports segment the other night and they mentioned Sally McCabe playing for Belmont, scored some goal units or something. I thought, huh, that name sounds very familiar. My kids both had Kathy McCabe as an elementary school teacher at Tulip Grove and sure enough it was her daughter. She was an infant the last time I saw her. Looks just like her mother now, though!

Reactions: triggrman

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Well the Racers blew the whole 20point lead but rallied to win, so now Belmont can proceed with their annual soul crushing tonight in the final...

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
Anyone see the end of the AA girls basketball game the game ended on OT but at the end of regulation there was a foul at the buzzer and the coach ran onto the court and placed her hands on the ref then after a free throw that tied it she did it again and not one Technical foul was called. The last free throw was missed and the coach that attacked the refs team won on a last second shot but it was very controversial because it clearly should have been mutiple Technical fouls for touching and abusing 2 refs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad