The Other Sports Thread (Titans, Vols, Dores, etc) - Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

jumb0

Feb 3, 2017
He and his wife own land in East Tennessee and she was a cheerleader at UT. Happy wife, happy life.

Stop. Gruden is not going to UT or any college job for that matter. The only way he leaves the booth is for an NFL gig.

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
I don’t normally bandwagon but I really like this Houston Astros team. Several of my favorite veterans in McCann, Verlander, Beltran, and really likeable young players.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Do you mean UK or UT’s talent?
How can the Vols Talent be lacking? Since Lyle’s arrival the Vols have had multiple top 5 recruiting classes. I know because UT fans have been rubbing the classes in for a few years now.

UK's talent. They are a basketball school, not a football school.

Louisville has had the good football team in Kentucky, much to my displeasure as a Cincinnati alumni.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
UK's talent. They are a basketball school, not a football school.

Louisville has had the good football team in Kentucky, much to my displeasure as a Cincinnati alumni.
UK never lost to Murray State in football....

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
I predict Vandy by 10 over Western Kentucky.

Dores covered the spread... meanwhile, Kentucky is managing to Kentucky away a game they had firmly in hand against Ole Miss

EDIT: and Kentucky remains the goddamn Charlie Brown of college football,,,,

Last edited:

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
I thought they just approved a stadium IF MLS decided to award a team.

Really though, is Nashville going to be able to support 3 major league teams?
I think MLS is a little different than your typical major league fan base. It would pull from the largely younger crowd, and like the Preds, will likely be quite popular among new residents wanting to cheer for a local team. It would also pull a good amount from the Hispanic population that doesn't really care about either the Titans or Preds, so that's a built in group of people who aren't going to be "oversaturated" by a 3rd team. I'd expect a middle of the road attendance mark, maybe a little higher, but that's not bad. Could we support an MLB team? I don't think so. Could we support MLS, where an average attendance around 20-22k is fine? Probably. It's also mainly a summer sport and sure, it gets hot, but a lot of the MLS season covers a time that has no sports going on here.

I mean yeah baseball does too, I'm just saying I think we'll be fine producing acceptable attendance numbers for MLS whereas that may have been a little bit of a reach for MLB.

jumb0

Feb 3, 2017
I thought they just approved a stadium IF MLS decided to award a team.

Correct. Everything is approved by the city, contingent on MLS awarding Nashville a franchise.

I really don't see us not getting one.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Can First Tennessee Park be expanded? That's really the only hope for an MLB team for a while because they're not going to build a minor league park and then ditch it after a few years to build a new stadium for MLB.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Can First Tennessee Park be expanded? That's really the only hope for an MLB team for a while because they're not going to build a minor league park and then ditch it after a few years to build a new stadium for MLB.
It would be hard to expand it the way it's built. There isn't really any room on 3 sides of it. One side contains state property that contains the state's data center, another side contains brand new condos, while the 3rd side contains the new parking garage built for the venue + state employees.

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
. It would also pull a good amount from the Hispanic population...

There is also a huge amount of Middle Eastern and African immigrants here, especially in the area around the proposed stadium. I used to do a lot of work in that area with many families from Egypt, Sudan, Ethiopia, Somalia, Morocco, Iraq, Kuwait, Pakistan, India. Plus as you mentioned not just Mexico which many people would think of but tons of people from Honduras, Ecuador, Guatamala, Belize, Argentina, and Venezuela. There is also a sizable Greek population, though more centered in Williamson County I'd say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad