Speculation: The Offseason: VII (All Offseason Wishlist/Strategy Talk)

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
hmm,

I wonder if it is a front office gig that we "might" be talking about..

I mean we got Gomez..would anyone be upset if we hired Iginla as a PP coach or something?

camaro27

Sep 16, 2011
would you

Hey guys would you bring in Jaromír Jágr to help out in any way for a 1 year deal.....

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Reading Dreger and Arthur Staple's latest comments on Duchene, I am surprised to read the isles are not among the 8 teams still in the mix.
In the end I don' t expect Sakic to end up with the big package he has insisted upon.I would not be surprised if the rumored Hamonic +1st+MDC turned out to be the best offer he ends up receiving.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Reading Dreger and Arthur Staple's latest comments on Duchene, I am surprised to read the isles are not among the 8 teams still in the mix.
In the end I don' t expect Sakic to end up with the big package he has insisted upon.I would not be surprised if the rumored Hamonic +1st+MDC turned out to be the best offer he ends up receiving.

Unless some team gets desperate, I think Sakic blew his best opportunity at landing a very good package last trade deadline. I believe both the Pens and Isles were rumored to have met Sakic's original demands, but then Sakic decided he'd go for more and those deals fell through.

Since then, the packages being rumored sound worse than what was offered last TDL. And the longer this goes, the less leverage Sakic has.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006

The big problem IMO is that Duchene has just 2 years left on his contract combined with the price Sakic is demanding. And there are rumors that he would love to play in Nashville. So as much as I'd love to have him, I'd be hesitant to give up a king's ransom only to see him bolt in 2 years. If he had 4 or 5 years of term left....

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Unless some team gets desperate, I think Sakic blew his best opportunity at landing a very good package last trade deadline. I believe both the Pens and Isles were rumored to have met Sakic's original demands, but then Sakic decided he'd go for more and those deals fell through.

Since then, the packages being rumored sound worse than what was offered last TDL. And the longer this goes, the less leverage Sakic has.

What do you think of Columbus' Ryan Murray?
I find him to be a disappointment.
He has not been the impact player I thought he would be.Sounds like the Blue Jackets have pushed hard for Duchene,dangling Murray as a key part of their package

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
What do you think of Columbus' Ryan Murray?
I find him to be a disappointment.
He has not been the impact player I thought he would be.Sounds like the Blue Jackets have pushed hard for Duchene,dangling Murray as a key part of their package

Murray's been underwhelming, not just for a 2nd overall pick, but just in general as a player. I think he's OK as a low end 4th or high end 5th defenseman, but certainly not someone you'd hope to anchor your D-corp with.

I suppose he's young enough that maybe he can rebound and become the guy he was expected to be when he was picked 2nd overall. But as of right now, Murray's kind of just a solid, vanilla type defenseman who you play on your second or third pairing. He doesn't seem to be the type Colorado is looking for, as a potential top pairing guy.

The rest of the package from Columbus would have to be really good, as I don't think Murray along with a couple of sweeteners is as good as the packages Sakic turned down last TDL.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
The big problem IMO is that Duchene has just 2 years left on his contract combined with the price Sakic is demanding. And there are rumors that he would love to play in Nashville. So as much as I'd love to have him, I'd be hesitant to give up a king's ransom only to see him bolt in 2 years. If he had 4 or 5 years of term left....

So much hinges on Tavares. If he stays and gets a huge payday,it impacts what the isles could offer Duchene on an extension to play a 2nd line role.

And does Duchene want to be in Nashville so badly, that we would be looking at Vanek/Minn all over again?

I am just a bit surprised Snow is not one of the GMs ,who continue to kick the tires

seabass45

Jan 12, 2007

Hamonic was the best D chip the Isles had. After he was traded, I don't think we can outdo the other teams in the mix, and we can't afford to chip away even more at our depth on D anyway.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Why I wouldn't be opposed to Bailey in the first line still.

I agree.
Bailey and Lee both don't need the puck. Ho-Sang and Barzal like the puck.

I just feel sometimes you have to stack up on your skill and talent. I actually think Ho-Sang would work well with Tavares. Let 66 enter the zone and dance around while Tavares gets open. Tavares is used to doing all the offensive zone work and heavy lifting himself. Having a guy who can possess he puck well may save Tavares some energy/wear and tear.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
I'm guessing Duchene will end up in Nashville. They really showed a lack of scoring depth with injuries last playoffs and of course Fisher is now retired. I'm thinking they're the only team who may still overpay somewhat and have the D Colorado wants

Richie Daggers Crime

Boosted 9 times double masked they/them
Mar 8, 2004
Boise
I'd rather see Snow shift focus toward what we have in house for now, then (if needed) take a shot at getting RNH at the deadline.

Oilers are gonna be stout. I can't see them trading Nugent-Hopkins unless they're getting equal NHL talent in return for a run. Maybe at the draft you can get him for futures/young players, but not the deadline.

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
Hey guys would you bring in Jaromír Jágr to help out in any way for a 1 year deal.....

No.

His game is based on possession in the offensive zone and he has very little foot speed left. We want to play faster and more aggressively. The Panthers let him go because they want to get back to playing that style too. He's a bad fit for our style of play.

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
On the trades board there's a thread about goalies that will probably be waived.

I see there might be some value to pick up ...wondering what you guys think of

Thomas McCollum
and
Subban

The former has really good numbers for a minor pro goalie and the latter..I don't know, but as a former 1st rounder...sounds like a worthwhile reclamation project.

eoin92

Jun 14, 2013
On the trades board there's a thread about goalies that will probably be waived.

Thomas McCollum
and
Subban

The former has really good numbers for a minor pro goalie and the latter..I don't know, but as a former 1st rounder...sounds like a worthwhile reclamation project.

If we claim one of them, they have to stay with the team. Another three goalie nightmare.

Brunomics

Sep 2, 2006

Thomas McCollum
and
Subban

Haven't we learned from the JF Berube debacle?

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
I wasn't thinking it like that. I forgot that the player has to stay up.

Also, don't count the three goalie thing out. I am sure this plague will resurface in no time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad