Speculation: The Offseason: III (All Offseason Wishlist/Strategy Talk)

Status
Not open for further replies.

enigmatic

Fire me please
Jul 7, 2009
nyc
Also don't forget that one of those western Canadian teams are completely out of any trade involving Hamonic since they leaked the trade request last off season. Staple said snow knows who it is and won't trade with them.

garth should not be doing this--he should be taking the best deal for the team

Isles Junkie

Jul 4, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
I just don't see the need for Eberle - especially if MD is acquired. Our lines would look like

Lee - JT -Bailey
Ladd - MD - JHS
Nelson/AB - MB/AB - RS
JC - CC - CC

Even if we lose Nelson in MD trade, there's plenty to slot in there.

I like as is personally.

I understand what you're saying. But I do see value in bringing in Eberle and moving Bailey (both are the same age BTW).

I for one wouldn't mind taking advantage of Baileys trade value, which has never been higher after his solid year, to help bring in a replacement for Hamonic/deHaan/Pulock. I like Mayfield & Pelech, but I'm not convinced they are ready/capable of handling that role quite yet. More would likely need to be added to Bailey to bring in a top 4 Dman. But perhaps not too much more?

Flair19Woo

Nov 10, 2006
my prediction: pain

Snow did average on the expansion draft but this is supppsed to be the year and I hope he steps up. Preparing to be underwhelmed.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Mikael Backlund.

Came 4th in Selke voting this past season while posting 53 points.

One year away from UFA, but a damn good centerman.

Probably not the name people want to hear and don't know if he's a match for a Hamonic swap, but that is the only one that comes to mind.

ONLY if it's a sign & trade. Can't trade a top-4 D man on a great contract for 3 years for most anyone on a 1 year to UFA deal.

Isles Junkie

Jul 4, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
and then, "we tried and had many discussions. In the end, nothing made sense and the prices were too high. We like the group we have in the locker room now."

For the first time since I don't even know when, I think there will be significant changes made. It's put up or shut up time for Snow. If we miss the playoffs/JT leaves he is done. The move with the LGK signals big changes IMO. I just can't imagine he'll stick with the status quo that keeps us as a bubble team.

LongIslanders

Feb 28, 2017
Why not just trade Bailey for Eberle?

Why would Edmonton want Bailey? Bailey's best year is a bad year for Eberle. Eberle averages 20 goals a season (despite a few injuries) while Bailey hasn't scored 20 goals in his 9 year career.

Maybe Bailey as part of a package but I just don't see teams watching tape of Bailey and coming away impressed. The only way I can see Bailey being part of a deal is if Snow is trying to free up cap space to make room for another big acquisition so we throw Bailey into an existing deal, but I doubt he'd be a centerpiece to any deal.

I hope I'm wrong..

kmo429

Jul 22, 2011
I swear if we gave up Hammer or De Haan for Eberle I'll be done...."></script>[/IMG]RL]

Richie Daggers Crime

Boosted 9 times double masked they/them
Mar 8, 2004
Boise
Why would Edmonton want Bailey? Bailey's best year is a bad year for Eberle. Eberle averages 20 goals a season (despite a few injuries) while Bailey hasn't scored 20 goals in his 9 year career.

Bailey makes close to half as much, his contract ends in a year, and he's is still a top 6 forward.

Spybot

May 12, 2014
Friedman confirms. It's happening folks, place your bets who's leaving. Hope it's not more than Strome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad