The Official Tank Thread / Draft Lottery Thread

Where to the habs end up in the standings?

• Total voters

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
Dude.. s'that your dog in your avy?

Nice dog anyhow

Yep, that was a long time ago, he's 13 now, a bit deaf with arthritis. I give him some mild edibles when he's in pain. It's hard for me knowing he won't last much longer. Had him since he was 10 weeks, great guard dog in his prime, part golden, part chow. The chow in him is strong, black tongue and a suspicious nature although he has mellowed.

Reactions: sandviper

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Yep, that was a long time ago, he's 13 now, a bit deaf with arthritis. I give him some mild edibles when he's in pain. It's hard for me knowing he won't last much longer. Had him since he was 10 weeks, great guard dog in his prime, part golden, part chow. The chow in him is strong, black tongue and a suspicious nature although he has mellowed.

I feel your pain man. I had a part Chow/Akita and Bernese, but looked like a small golden Bernese, she was incredible, couldn't have asked for a better dog, she died of cancer 2 years ago. She'd be the same age as your dog. I had her at 8 weeks.

Don't know if I can handle having another dog. They die too quickly. Kids are fine, they outlive us. But losing a dog, if you love it, is like losing your own kid. It's ****** painful.

Cherish the time you have left.

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013
I feel your pain man. I had a part Chow/Akita and Bernese, but looked like a small golden Bernese, she was incredible, couldn't have asked for a better dog, she died of cancer 2 years ago. She'd be the same age as your dog. I had her at 8 weeks.

Don't know if I can handle having another dog. They die too quickly. Kids are fine, they outlive us. But losing a dog, if you love it, is like losing your own kid. It's ****** painful.

Cherish the time you have left.

Not to derail this thread but agreed. Veterinarians have the unfortunate task of witnessing grown men cry when their pals/girls get put down. One of the few occasions where a man don't care how tough you are lets it go. That and when we draft Dahlin. ( see what I did there, put this thread back on track, I got you guys)

tooji

Nov 24, 2015
Not to derail this thread but agreed. Veterinarians have the unfortunate task of witnessing grown men cry when their pals/girls get put down. One of the few occasions where a man don't care how tough you are lets it go. That and when we draft Dahlin. ( see what I did there, put this thread back on track, I got you guys)

I would cry shameless tears of joy if we got Dahlin

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
[start rant] We're doomed. We can't even tank properly. We'll end up picking 8th or 9th, make the wrong pick, and continue to suck but not bad enough to get any impact players. [end rant]

Settle down ,Jesus. The world isn't ending lol.

We're losing 6/10, that's good enough for me

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Habs will draft in the top 5. I know that Swedish Dman is the best of this class. How far does the talent level drop after him? If we pick top 5, are we getting a good player?

No Daigle? No Yakupov? No Stefan?

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
Excited about the draft, but let's not kid ourselves: we all know that Bergevin is going to pick a winger.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Habs will draft in the top 5. I know that Swedish Dman is the best of this class. How far does the talent level drop after him? If we pick top 5, are we getting a good player?

Dahlin is clear #1, Svechnikov should be the consensus #2. I'd say this would be Tier-1 and Tier-1b

Tier-2 at this time is Zadina (probable #3).

It opens right up at Tier-3. I'd understand any debate some of these could be possible Tier-2, but for now, these are the names I see going from #4-#10:

Boqvist
Tkachuk
Wahlstrom
Dobson
Hughes
Bouchard
Smith

I think tier-3 is very close and really depends on what the team picking determines as BPA. Either way, I believe Dahlin and Svechnikov are franchise players. Zadina may be an elite top-3 forward. Tkachuk and Wahlstrom I think can be top-6 forwards easy, possibly top-3. I hold Wahlstrom higher on my list as his shot and vision are NHL-ready already.

All the defencemen have top-2 potential. I am especially high on Dobson.

Of course, all have bust potential, but I think this year's top-10 will all make the NHL.

Reactions: philipsson

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013

The drop happens at 13 for me.

The top 5 is stacked this year. It's a great year to get a no. 1 defenseman or a scoring winger.

That said, as amazing as Svechnikov is, Dahlin is another level of prospect I've seen in years. Best since McDavid for me.

Best D prospect I've ever seen and it's not something that's close either.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Excluding Dahlin and say we moved up to the 2 spot, if you could only pick one forward or one defensemen, who would they be?

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
He's a great option as well, just seems like a lot of the "experts" have moved him behind Zadina over the past month or two.
The only time I saw Zadina ahead of Svechnikov was when Svechnikov was injured and after the prospects game. 40 goals in 44 games is absolutely nuts. Speaking of Svechnikov, he is riding a 23 game point streak with 46 points in that span.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
The only time I saw Zadina ahead of Svechnikov was when Svechnikov was injured and after the prospects game. 40 goals in 44 games is absolutely nuts. Speaking of Svechnikov, he is riding a 23 game point streak with 46 points in that span.

Marek has Zadina ahead right now (March rankings), but that doesn't mean Svech isn't a star in the making. Don't think one could go wrong with either guy

Svech's 72 points in 44 games is impressive. Same with Zadina and his 82 in 57.

Last edited:
Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Bobby Mac has Zadina ahead right now, but that doesn't mean Svech isn't a star in the making. Don't think one could go wrong with either guy

Svech's 72 points in 44 games is impressive. Same with Zadina and his 82 in 57.
Source? I have always seen him have Svech ahead. Svech is closer to Dahlin than Zadina for me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad