Post-Game Talk: ECSF GAME 1 - THE BEAR throws the cat over the cliff.....again - BRUINS 5 Sunrise 1 - BRUINS lead series 1-0

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
I really like the change to the top pairs on D. McAvoy and Lindholm looked better together to me and I thought Carlo and Lohrei complimented each other perfectly. Wotherspoon, Forbort and Peeke are about to make it real difficult to decide who is number 7. I’m thinking it’s Forbort but he had a really nice night. I’d still like to see Heinen in probably for JVR. Maybe not every game but I think JVR could use an extra couple of days rest. Only other move I wonder about is Brown/Boquist. I didn’t love Brown tonight but I certainly didn’t hate him. Yes it was a penalty and yes I was a little surprised they called it. I thought the refs were good tonight and I don’t really think we got railroaded in round 1 either. They have been letting us play for the most part. Very few penalties I am mad about.

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
That was a really enjoyable game and result. I think we caught them a little rusty and not ready but the Bruins showed they can play with them this year. Going with the heavy lineup was the right move.

I expect the Panthers to be a lot more physical next game but maybe the B's are ready for it this year. I'd still like the Bruins to initiate more physicality on their D but all is well at the moment.

As far as Swayman goes you simply have to go with him all the way. Ullmark doesn't do well with heavy traffic. He panics and overplays the puck, over reacts and makes mistakes. Swayman doesn't seem to care. He's just calm and totally dialed in. He might even thrive off of it. Has to be Swayman imo all the way. With the way he is playing anything is now possible.

Maroon deal looking better with every game.

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
It was a good win. Perhaps unexpected but not really. Boston can score on Bobrovsky and our goaltending is better this year than it was in last year’s playoffs. But it’s just one. Every win gets harder the deeper you go. Go back to the hotel, rest-up, and come out prepared to battle twice as hard in the next game. And then do it again.

Lordstanley

MusicMan
Feb 10, 2010
From The Soul
Lohrei, Brazeau, Poitras and Beecher. If all those kids come into their own next year we're going to be on top.

I'm afraid they'll trade some of them for an ex-star with "experience". Youth is key for rebuilding.
So true.....These kids playing in NHL Playoffs is the best hockey experience of their careers. They will only get better and better.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Big time momentum swing. That timeout was HUGE. Do it more often, Monty! That was a wild ride. I think the tone was set from puck drop. They must keep it up going forward. I really want Lauko in that lineup. Sway is in net until further notice. Lohrei is the real deal. Carlo scoring was beautiful. All around great game. The pushback ar the end was EXACTLY what we didn't have last year. Maroon was yapping and it was perfect. Keep it going boys.

You ALREADY know the drill!
giphy.gif

Cue the music!

KOZ37

May 17, 2010
Was it Arthur Kaliyev people were clamoring for when John Beecher was drafted? He may not put Up the points but they sure drafted him to play a role and he has been doing it well. I doubt we would have been upset if they opted for the flashy winger, or Shane Pinto who was taken two picks after Beecher, but I'm glad they don't listen to us sometimes 😁

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad