The Official Sidney Crosby Sporadic Post Thread(If he's chipped a nail, post it here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamieG

May 25, 2003
Visit site
I don't like the way this looks either, but being the same age as Sid I can say my dad would be pretty pissed at the refs if I took the beating he does.

But it's part of hockey. Every star player gets extra attention. Not every parent threatens to take his ball and go home, which is exactly what the Crosby's are doing.

JamieG

May 25, 2003
Visit site
The Crosby hit

Did anyone see the TSN segment on this? While they were talking about it and showing clips of the GM talking, they were showing the hits and so-called cheapshots (some were face-washes and things like that) that Crosby has taken...but there was one monster hit they showed, anyone know who it was that hit him?

It was hard to see if it was dirty, I'm suspecting it was because the puck didn't seem to be near Crosby, but the camera was isolated on Crosby and he's skating back in his own zone, then it must have been headed up ice, because Crosby turns to start skating forward and someone just smoked him! It was a thing of beauty! Shoulder pad right in Sidney's jaw, his head snaps back and down he goes like a ton of bricks! It was the probably the best hit I've seen all year in any level of hockey. I'm just amazed that Crosby wasn't knocked out cold and actually got up. I'm not sure if that was the one that they showed him sort of crawling back to the bench but I wouldn't be surprised. Usually a blindside hit, shoulder pad to the jaw puts the kid out like a light....I suspect that his parents were flipping out after that one...

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
JamieG said:
But it's part of hockey. Every star player gets extra attention. Not every parent threatens to take his ball and go home, which is exactly what the Crosby's are doing.

Every star in every sport except the cheap shots seem to belong in hockey and WWE, and only to the extent they are "allowed". I've yet to see a written rule allowing this crap. In any other sport it would be dishonourable conduct.

Some "ball" though, eh?

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
cheap shots

La-La-Laprise said:
What exactly is happening to Crosby? Is he being jumped or just taking jabs after whistles or slashes? Because unless he is getting jumped and physically beat up the Rimouski fans, Rimouski players and Rimouski mgt should learnt o deal with it.

Crosby is the best player by far in the Q, teams wont just let him skate around.

From my understanding Halifax checked him pretty close 3 days ago and look what happened? The 14th place team in the league won.

I saw Sidney play in Charlottetown and he got charged with a stick across the
face when he didn't have the puck and no penalty called. PEI fans couldn't believe
there wasn't a call[and a major at that] but the other comments were, why does
the Oceanic allow that without retalliating. There were at least two other situations where penalties should have been called and weren't. Sidney did draw
three penalties[one eliminated because he scored ] but they we,re a little too obvious to ignore. In one situation Sidney had one guy on his back and another
player charged him as he was receiving a pass , the ref made the call but Sidney kept on going and put it in top shelf. This play even had PEI fans out of there seats. I can't imagine too many players with the strength, toughness, and
concentration to complete that play.

I have also seen him in televised games although you don't get to see it all but
still enough to see that there are alot of uncalled penalaties and alot of called
ones too. I think the problem is that Sidney is too skilled for the Q. The opposing
teams are frustrated into dirty play and it has gotten out of hand. If the dirty
play is allowed to continue then it could escalate to a career ending injury.
The more players are allowed to get away with ,the more reckless they are
likely to become.

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
I.M. Fletcher said:
sounds like the "jordan rules" are in full effect. Quite sad if you ask me

Why would anyone ask you what it "sounds" like. Have you "watched" any games?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad