The Official Sidney Crosby Sporadic Post Thread(If he's chipped a nail, post it here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gbl1p

Jun 19, 2003
Ottawa
www.level1productions.com
THE NEXT ONE #87 said:
Yeah after his 0 pt game, he made a great performance.
Let's see how he plays against Cape Breton, currently the best team in the league.

The scariest thing about Crosby's 0 point night on the 11th (first game back) was that he was -2 and still earned second star.

Sick night tonight, 4 more points!

HfxMoose

Nov 17, 2003
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Yeah his first game back he couldn't buy a goal. He had all kinds of chances but Deslauries was up to the task. Crosby had 8 shots on net and in a regular game probably 3 or 4 of them would have went in.

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
THE NEXT ONE #87 said:
Had he really an assist? The scoreboard from the LHJMQ listed only 2 goal.

Had one on Pouliot's goal but it looks like they changed it.

Junipero

Jun 11, 2003
Paradise, NL
2 points versus Moncton

I saw him play for the first time on Sunday here in Moncton. He had a goal and an assist. Easily the most skilled player on the ice with great vision. I mean he set up some of his teammates where I didn't think a pass was possible.

He didn't carry his team, like I thought he would, but he impressed me nonetheless. He made one play in the Wildcats end where he circle behind the net and in the corner a couple of times before faking going behind the net and jumping out front and trying to stuff it home. The soldout crowd gave him a huge round of applause for that.

ParisSaintGermain

Jan 19, 2004
Johnny said:
With a goal and 4 assists so far tonight, that would bring him up to 44 g's, 56 a's, for 100 pts, in 44 games. Not too shabby.

And with another assist, thatt makes six points for the night. The worst is that he is going to be gutted on the way home... Rimouski lost the game 8-6!!!!

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
Phil said:
Jumpin's... 6 points in a losing effort.

Go defense!

Crosby 6 points and +4, Roussin 3 goals 2 assists +3, They kill 6 out of 7 Gatineau powerplays and score shorthanded. How did they lose this game?

Burke's Evil Spirit

Oct 29, 2002
San Francisco
It's worth noting that today Gretzky announced that Sidney Crosby would not be considered for the Canadian World Cup team in 2004. They would only look at players who have already been drafted.

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
Burke's Evil Spirit said:
It's worth noting that today Gretzky announced that Sidney Crosby would not be considered for the Canadian World Cup team in 2004. They would only look at players who have already been drafted.

Wow, that really opens up the first line centre spot, Sakic, Lemieux and Thornton are back in the running.

Sid turns 16 1/2 today! To put that in perspective Gretzky had only played 3 games major Junior at that age and still 5 months away from his awesome WJC that put him in the headlines as " The Next Great One If Only He Wasn't So Skinny And Will Never Make It IN The NHL"

gb701

Feb 21, 2003
Visit site
Burke's Evil Spirit said:

He didn't "announce" anything - he answered what may have been the stupidest sports question of the year with what should have been a totally unnececessary answer.

The kid is doing great - but at 16 1/2 it is more than a bit of a stretch to put him as one of the top 4 centres playing hockey in the country. He wasn't even the best playing for Canada a month ago at the WJ - why didn't someone ask about their prospects of playing?

The hype machine strikes again.

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
gb701 said:
He didn't "announce" anything - he answered what may have been the stupidest sports question of the year with what should have been a totally unnececessary answer.

The kid is doing great - but at 16 1/2 it is more than a bit of a stretch to put him as one of the top 4 centres playing hockey in the country. He wasn't even the best playing for Canada a month ago at the WJ - why didn't someone ask about their prospects of playing?

The hype machine strikes again.

I kind of assumed something like that. (thus the joke about room for Thornton et all at first line centre) Who asked Wayne and how did he word the question?

Of course no one could play on the World Cup team at 16. On a previous thread Van claimed Sid could not do it at 18. ( 2006 Olympics, I think we beat that one to death)

Here's a question for you (since you like the hype machine so much). Who's the best 16 year old of all time? No looking past their 17th birthday. Wayne wasn't on the radar screen at 16 1/2 though he landed like a bug hitting a windshield at the WJC a month before turning 17. Orr was well known to scouts at 15 and well Known to Bruins fans before turning 17 (they couldn't wait)

Heres my list
1. Bobby Orr
2. Wayne Gretzky
3. Mario Lemieux
4. Sid Crosby (still 6 months to go)
5. Mike Bossy
6. Guy Lafleur

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Marop had 99 pts in 63 games as a 16 year old in the Q. In an era when teams scored 5-6 goals a game.

Crosby has 105 pts in 45 games in an era when teams score 3-4.

Habs4Life

Aug 29, 2003
Saint John, NB
La-La-Laprise said:
Marop had 99 pts in 63 games as a 16 year old in the Q. In an era when teams scored 5-6 goals a game.

Crosby has 105 pts in 45 games in an era when teams score 3-4.

True... Imagine if it was the 80's crosby would have about 175 points right now!

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
Habs4Life said:
True... Imagine if it was the 80's crosby would have about 175 points right now!
does anybody think crosby has the potential to develop as quickly as mario did?
mario went from 99 pts to 184 pts to 282 pts in his 3 years in the q. 100 pt gain per year. it would be something to see someone put up 200 pts

RW8

Feb 10, 2004
Does anybody know Rimouski's website or something so I can keep track of Crosby's points?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad