The Official Pierre "high five" Dorion Thread | Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Let's see. One side has absolutely no reason to lie and the other one has every reason to make up some BS to hide something.

Which one do you choose?

I don't think Turris is lying. I think that's what he believes.

I don't think Dorion is lying. I think he knows what happened and was clear about it.

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
Well what do you want me to say? You should believe the guy who's protecting his boss and his own job, or the guy and his wife who were upstanding citizens in the community and have no motive to lie in this situation. Like really.
Well maybe the Turris have a motive, but I imagine the wife reply was after a big eye roll as she and Turris would know quite a bit about Melnyk's involvement.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
I don't think Turris is lying. I think that's what he believes.

I don't think Dorion is lying. I think he knows what happened and was clear about it.
How come this kind of "confusion" or "misunderstanding" seems to happen often with this organization? Remember our captain, Daniel Alfredsson, the greatest senator of all time?
So we just have a bunch of greedy lying but loyal players here?
The owner is a scumbag. Should give you a clue.
Tip: never believe anything that comes out of melnyks mouth (or just ignore him like I do). As a result we unfortunately have to be skeptical of what comes out of our gms mouth as they work for and get cheques from the nut job.

Last edited:

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
Dorion has loose lips and stuff slips out that comes back to bite him. He seems to like to pass the buck when making distasteful decisions so he looks like the good guy. Who likes confrontation if you can blame the next guy. I can see him saying that to Turris' agent about Melnyk and now he's covering his butt. Look Dorion just said Turris wouldn't have accepted the deal from Ottawa that he signed with Nashville but earlier when Turris said they never offered him a 6 year deal Dorion didn't deny it he responded "well they never put it on the table either". How can he now be emphatic that Turris wouldn't have accepted the offer if it had been made?

Look at the events as they unfolded: It's pretty clear that Dorion had a mission and signing Turris didn't fit in his plans. We all know that Dorion wanted Duchene badly. Sakic wanted multiple pieces which included a young defenseman. We know from multiple reports a straight deal would have included at least Ceci, a 1st, another high pick and probably another prospect or two but that deal would not have fit under the Sens budget this year or in the future. There is no way with pending contracts like Stone and EK65 that Dorion would have been able to carry both Turris and Duchene unless he could move a big contract like Ryan's or Phaneuf's. Dorion just repeated that "he makes the hockey decisions" so that alone tells you Dorion not Melnyk made the decision to arrange the 3 way deal that got him his prized Duchene. I believe Turris was misled about the facts just like Neil was when he let slip last spring that Dorion told him he would have re-signed him but Boucher didn't want him. Turris took Dorion at his word and that's why he's blaming Melnyk. Melnyk does bear responsibility but it's on the budget side not player selection, that's on Dorion who makes those decisions and spends within his allotment. That's why Dorion includes players and picks in trades in return for coins. Melnyk isn't telling him to do that. IMO it's Dorion who is forced to massage the message when he's caught over what he tells the players or their agents privately and later when it becomes public.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
How come this kind of "confusion" or "misunderstanding" seems to happen often with this organization? Remember our captain, Daniel Alfredsson, the greatest senator of all time?
So we just have a bunch of greedy lying but loyal players here?
The owner is a *******. Should give you a clue.
Tip: never believe anything that comes out of melnyks mouth (or just ignore him like I do). As a result we unfortunately have to be skeptical of what comes out of our gms mouth as they work for and get cheques from the nut job.
At this point management shouldn't get the benefit of the doubt

Reactions: lancepitlick

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
I think if Dorion has an excellent draft this summer, promotes a couple of the prospects (Jarod, White) makes a couple of excellent trades and retools in the summer He could have another solid year as a GM.

The books still out on him, he’s only written 1 chapter. But I believe in him and I think he’ll end up building a winner.

But Pierre, go young. It’s our only hope to sustain sucess

Reactions: Ice-Tray

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
I think if Dorion has an excellent draft this summer, promotes a couple of the prospects (Jarod, White) makes a couple of excellent trades and retools in the summer He could have another solid year as a GM.

That will be difficult given that:
1) he’s traded away his high picks;
2) he hired a coach who won’t play young guys; and
3) he hasn’t shown any ability to make good trades let alone excellent ones.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015

The books still out on him, he’s only written 1 chapter. But I believe in him and I think he’ll end up building a winner.

But Pierre, go young. It’s our only hope to sustain sucess

I have absolutely 0 confidence in Dorion. He was hired because he was cheap not because of merit.

And it shows, he's actively made the team worse and given up futures doing it. Not to mention the bad contracts.

Reactions: Mika Hoffmanijad

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013

"It's important that Rasmus Dahlin make his mistakes in the AHL. He won't be 35 for another 17 years, we can re-evaluate whether he is ready for the NHL at that time."

Very Stable Genius

#WeLostOurKarlssons
Jan 3, 2005
Chicago

4) Has the smallest scouting staff in the league that over the past few years has lost its Director of Amateur Scouting, Director of European scouting and top NCAA scout replacing them with mostly with hires from within.

lancepitlick

Nov 20, 2016

The team has few draft picks, an old roster, salary albatrosses galore. His only hope is that Chabot/others are dynamite next season or that Anderson and others improve their play (not probable).

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
4) Has the smallest scouting staff in the league that over the past few years has lost its Director of Amateur Scouting, Director of European scouting and top NCAA scout replacing them with mostly with hires from within.
Yet our amateur scouting (what all of those guys are) remains elite.

Maybe we could lose all of our pro scouts, they have been doing a very subpar job for the past decade.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Yet our amateur scouting (what all of those guys are) remains elite.

Maybe we could lose all of our pro scouts, they have been doing a very subpar job for the past decade.

Tbh I don't know if we are elite anymore as a whole. The only scout who we have that seems to produce is the QMJHL one. I don't see the results anywhere else.

We used to be good at scouting Sweden but didn't our scout there leave the organization?

Anyway we haven't produced a star in like 8 years.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
"It's important that Rasmus Dahlin make his mistakes in the AHL. He won't be 35 for another 17 years, we can re-evaluate whether he is ready for the NHL at that time."

Sens players in the NHL don't make mistakes... The only ones who still make mistakes never played in the AHL Perfect Hockey .. that's what they've been playing and the results speak for themselves

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Tbh I don't know if we are elite anymore as a whole. The only scout who we have that seems to produce is the QMJHL one. I don't see the results anywhere else.

We used to be good at scouting Sweden but didn't our scout there leave the organization?

Anyway we haven't produced a star in like 8 years.

I find it odd that we have never really drafted and produced a quality goalie from our system, sure we had a couple guys show some promise here and there but not much true success....is the best one Brian Elliott/Robin Lehner?

Mr Hat

Oct 24, 2017
Kelowna
I have absolutely 0 confidence in Dorion. He was hired because he was cheap not because of merit.

And it shows, he's actively made the team worse and given up futures doing it. Not to mention the bad contracts.

The team sucks this year, if you have zero confidence the GM will improve the team why stick around for the pity party posts on a daily basis?

Mr Hat

Oct 24, 2017
Kelowna
PS Dorion is the reason EK is on this team. Chicago drafted my high school friend Kyle Beach instead of him and they have legit hockey operations. He picked up Hoff and Stone super late too. We have old D in the lineup today but in 3 years our D core should be very young and talented.

Is Dorion an amazing GM? No. Is he way worse than the other teams not in the playoffs? I think his draft picks as a pro scout are enough that he shouldn't be considered a terrible GM. The Burrow trade sucked but the others are debatable.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
I think he's done a fine job so far, and personally I enjoy his positive and exuberant interviews. His passion is clear, and I think that as a new GM he's still learning the ropes of what to say and what not to say. By the time his interview persona is polished I will miss the emotional candidness of these days.

I wish people were conscious of how badly their peers on this site would rip them to shreds if they ever put themselves out there in public and spoke about the team, anonymous rippings are just brutal. There are ways to constructively criticize without coming across as a lowbrow jerk.

The man is doing a job, clearly enjoys the job, lets try and keep the criticism to his hockey moves rather than his personality.

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
The GM represents the organization, his personality can definitely be criticized along with his moves. If youre an asshole youre an asshole, if youre funny youre funny, if youre a nervous dork youre a nervous dork.

listening to him is cridgeworthy - a massive part of you JOB is public speaking - if you cant handle it well then you are not ready to be a GM.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
I think he's done a fine job so far, and personally I enjoy his positive and exuberant interviews. His passion is clear, and I think that as a new GM he's still learning the ropes of what to say and what not to say. By the time his interview persona is polished I will miss the emotional candidness of these days.

I wish people were conscious of how badly their peers on this site would rip them to shreds if they ever put themselves out there in public and spoke about the team, anonymous rippings are just brutal. There are ways to constructively criticize without coming across as a lowbrow jerk.

The man is doing a job, clearly enjoys the job, lets try and keep the criticism to his hockey moves rather than his personality.

Dorion has the personality of a used car salesman.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Dorion has the personality of a used car salesman.

Well, I knew it was a pointless post on my part. Haters gonna hate as the kids say, and I suppose this is a safe anonymous place for people to do their thing.

My apologies, carry on, I'll see myself out.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Well, I knew it was a pointless post on my part. Haters gonna hate as the kids say, and I suppose this is a safe anonymous place for people to do their thing.

My apologies, carry on, I'll see myself out.

I'm not saying it's good or bad. I'm just saying that's his personality.

I don't really care about a GMs personality, just how good they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->