The Official Ottawa Sports Radio Thread #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Seems like the majority of recent posts agree 100% with my take on Versage. Trust me, I don't listen when he is on.

My take on Versage can't be over the top when there are multiple people saying the same things that I am.
2 people agree with you.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
2 people agree with you.

That's some poor counting on your part. I see at least 4 people in the last page alone with multiple posts, not including mine.

Why don't you attack those other people for feeling the same way? My post was that Versage is no good, you disagree, point taken. Again, the ignore button is close to my name, feel free.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Your criticisms of the station are way over the top. There is no reason for you to listen to it.

I used to think you were bad ;)
That's some poor counting on your part. I see at least 4 people in the last page alone with multiple posts, not including mine.

Why don't you attack those other people for feeling the same way? My post was that Versage is no good, you disagree, point taken. Again, the ignore button is close to my name, feel free.

Your crusade is perpetual I see.
That's what makes it my opinion. Leever talks a lot and is opinionated. There is no dead air with him. The fact he uses all available stats to defend his opinions is a lot better than just using his opinion. He thinks things through a lot more than others. It's kind of like people here who use stats to defend their opinions. Sometimes it works and sometime it doesn't. As a radio host he does a very good job. I disagree with him about as much as I agree with him.

Agree with that. Versage can get a little standoffish when people disagree, especially us common folk, but maybe that's his shtick I dunno.

Only real gripe i have is that i find his voice grating, but that's not his fault lol.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Your crusade is perpetual I see

Never started THIS crusade, read back, not only me that feels this way about Versage, I didn't even start it this time. Also, he counted 2 first, not me, I was just solely correcting him.

I haven't even posted in here since December 19th. 2018 is a New Year, I will do my best to be less harsh on the station, but Leever just makes it so hard.

Reactions: lancepitlick

wickedsmaht

Nov 30, 2017
I'll go ahead and agree with you on Versage. I like the lineup otherwise, and I'll gladly listen to anyone on the station, but Lee just seems like a dimwit. He picks irrelevant hills to die on and defends one asinine point for the entire show (admittedly, I now turn off the radio and go to TSN Montreal when he comes on).

If he spent more time discussing, I wouldn't mind him. But he picks these strange, uninformed, almost... flirtatious arguments with his co-hosts. I find him really weird.

Also, his voice is grating. How does a voice like that work in radio? I mean, it's the only thing you hear.

Sensfanatic

Nov 8, 2014
I used to think you were bad ;)

Your crusade is perpetual I see.

Agree with that. Versage can get a little standoffish when people disagree, especially us common folk, but maybe that's his shtick I dunno.

Only real gripe i have is that i find his voice grating, but that's not his fault lol.
Problem in this town is the tolerance of mediocrity. We need a few more “perpetual crusades” and fewer apologists.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Seems like the majority of recent posts agree 100% with my take on Versage. Trust me, I don't listen when he is on.

My take on Versage can't be over the top when there are multiple people saying the same things that I am.

So you don't listen to him........... but somehow you know he's NFG?

iu

PoutineSp00nZ

Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Problem in this town is the tolerance of mediocrity. We need a few more “perpetual crusades” and fewer apologists.

In general or when it comes to the radio station?

Cause a lot of people like the radio station as it is. They just dont feel the need to scream at the internet and let everyone know that they like it.

Reactions: Upgrayedd

Sensfanatic

Nov 8, 2014
In general or when it comes to the radio station?

Cause a lot of people like the radio station as it is. They just dont feel the need to scream at the internet and let everyone know that they like it.
To be honest, I don’t really care what a lot of people like. Lot of people like Taylor Swift music and Trump. Means nothing to me.
I was providing my opinion on Versage and how (I BELIEVE) this reflects the general tolerance/culture of mediocrity in this town.
Someone writes a post about how he dislikes him and he’s labeled a perpetual crusader. Message is, “don’t be too negative” cause you may upset those with different opinions, even though this is an OPINION board.

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa
To be honest, I don’t really care what a lot of people like. Lot of people like Taylor Swift music and Trump. Means nothing to me.
I was providing my opinion on Versage and how (I BELIEVE) this reflects the general tolerance/culture of mediocrity in this town.
Someone writes a post about how he dislikes him and he’s labeled a perpetual crusader. Message is, “don’t be too negative” cause you may upset those with different opinions, even though this is an OPINION board.

Nah, message is, complain all you want, just take a break every once in a while. We don't need to hear the same gripes every day over 3 years..

Reactions: Upgrayedd

Sensfanatic

Nov 8, 2014
Nah, message is, complain all you want, just take a break every once in a while. We don't need to hear the same gripes every day over 3 years..
Everyday eh. Hyperbole much.
Let us know what you consider an acceptable complaint frequency.

Reactions: Chezzz

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa
Everyday eh. Hyperbole much.
Let us know what you consider an acceptable complaint frequency.

You know what I mean, this thread used to be a good place to discuss the Team 1200, then it just became the same 3 or 4 posters going on about how they hate basically every aspect of the station yet they still listen to it religiously.

It got old a long time ago, hence why no one other than those people even really bothers to post in here anymore.

Good enough explanation?

Reactions: Simplicity

PoutineSp00nZ

Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa

I dunno, I'm just of the opinion that if we don't like some form of media we are free to not consume it. Tell somebody here and there. Who cares.

I think the Kardashians are offensive as f***, and everything the represent about Western culture. I don't go to message boards every day and whine about them. I just don't consume any of their nonsense.

I don't expect others to agree with what I don't like, if you want to watch the Kardashians go for it.

Clearly people listen to the radio station. They make money by selling advertising that reaches x amount of people x amount of times. Clearly they're accomplishing that goal, hence them being on the air. Which means enough people like the content and tune in.

It is what it is.

I like the more laid back style of the station. The shows I don't like I don't listen to. If people want to complain, power to them. But still some point it's just screaming into the wind and irritating as f***.

Sensfanatic

Nov 8, 2014
I dunno, I'm just of the opinion that if we don't like some form of media we are free to not consume it. Tell somebody here and there. Who cares.

I think the Kardashians are offensive as ****, and everything the represent about Western culture. I don't go to message boards every day and whine about them. I just don't consume any of their nonsense.

I don't expect others to agree with what I don't like, if you want to watch the Kardashians go for it.

Clearly people listen to the radio station. They make money by selling advertising that reaches x amount of people x amount of times. Clearly they're accomplishing that goal, hence them being on the air. Which means enough people like the content and tune in.

It is what it is.

I like the more laid back style of the station. The shows I don't like I don't listen to. If people want to complain, power to them. But still some point it's just screaming into the wind and irritating as ****.
Ah yes, the standard “if you don’t like it, just don’t listen” argument that’s regurgitated here on a regular basis.
See, thing is you don’t care about the Kardashians, but many here do care about having good sports radio personalities and so they’re not going to passively go away when they have a forum to provide feedback (both positive and negative).
That’s what the 1200 thread is about. It’s not supposed to be a love-in. The fact that Mendes hangs around here suggests it’s anything but “screaming in the wind”.

Reactions: Chezzz

PoutineSp00nZ

Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Ah yes, the standard “if you don’t like it, just don’t listen” argument that’s regurgitated here on a regular basis.
See, thing is you don’t care about the Kardashians, but many here do care about having good sports radio personalities and so they’re not going to passively go away when they have a forum to provide feedback (both positive and negative).
That’s what the 1200 thread is about. It’s not supposed to be a love-in. The fact that Mendes hangs around here suggests it’s anything but “screaming in the wind”.

There is a line between objetive criticism and bitching. A few people cross that line daily

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
This place is feedback for the station whether good or bad. There have been some pretty bad hosts over the years and some really good shows. I used to get on Simmer a lot but he is definitely better now. I still enjoy Lee and Mendes more because I feel there chemistry is really good and think Simmer is better suited on TGOR but it is what it is. I complained for years about not having a local show on the weekend and having an NHL show on Saturday's and boom goes the dynamite, 2 pretty good shows.

Now if they could stick to just playing upbeat tunes that are interesting and no top 40/ballad/sleepy type of shit then we are good. Song intro's are not the best way to come in on a segment unless it hits you from the start. Stairway to heaven is a good song just not something that is synonymous with intensity.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
Listened to Ian Mendes today and decided to come here and thank him for how consistently excellent he is at his job.

Truly a pleasure to hear a true professional plying his trade.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau

Thank you for this. Sometimes its hard to find the words to express why I still listen, but you captured it perfectly here. Those who don't like my posts, just simply ignore them.

There is a line between objetive criticism and *****ing. A few people cross that line daily

Why is it ok to **** on Boucher/Dorion/Oduya, etc. daily (which is well deserved), but we are all concerned about Steve Warne and Lee Versage's feelings? They are all big boys, they don't need an army of supporters. If we hold hockey coaches, players, politicians, etc. accountable daily, why do these guys get a free pass? They are in a profession where criticism is part of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad