Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
We made it to five!

Oh happy days.

Tony-Grecos-Gymbag-3-1080x628-750x375.jpg

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
So what are the odds Pierre's narrative this morning are about how fantastic Murray was in relief and how beautifully the Pens set themselves up for game 4 with that PP goal?

Well, not quite, but damn close :laugh:

I guess we should be petrified coming into Game 4..

To be clear, there is no doubt that the Pens will come out very hard on Friday. But it seems like Pierre is trying his best to will them to victory and incite fear into us fans.

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
Well, not quite, but damn close :laugh:

I guess we should be petrified coming into Game 4..

"Senators are lucky they got away with slashes and hooks in the 3rd."

That was his takeaway? I know that he was kvetching on NBCSN broadcast about a Turris slash win in fact it was Turris who received the slash.
:help:

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
I moved to toronto last year having lived in ottawa all my life and man the Ottawa radio shows are just so bland. Its too bad cause I would love to hear more about the sens then having to listen about leafs talk

Inkling

Same Old Hockey
Nov 27, 2006
Ottawa
So what are the odds Pierre's narrative this morning are about how fantastic Murray was in relief and how beautifully the Pens set themselves up for game 4 with that PP goal?

I don't listen to Pierre in the morning but he was bang-on yesterday at 5 pm when he said that the Senators need to test the depleted Pens defence early and often. No one expected the goaltending to be as off as the defence, but he wasn't wrong.

Rand0m

Oct 2, 2011
Pierre is hilarious... I typically like him throughout the regular season but boy is he upset that Pittsburgh is losing. He keeps pumping their tires and making non-stop excuses. His best one? He blames the fact that transportation and hotel issues mean they have to practice at Ottawa U and that the Pens weren't familiar with the bouncy boards at CTC and that's why the Sens got that first goal... he got really upset when one of the one of the announcers goes: I can get a bus to drive a team to CTC in 30 mins and Pierre was visibly upset.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Pierre is hilarious... I typically like him throughout the regular season but boy is he upset that Pittsburgh is losing. He keeps pumping their tires and making non-stop excuses. His best one? He blames the fact that transportation and hotel issues mean they have to practice at Ottawa U and that the Pens weren't familiar with the bouncy boards at CTC and that's why the Sens got that first goal... he got really upset when one of the one of the announcers goes: I can get a bus to drive a team to CTC in 30 mins and Pierre was visibly upset.

LOL. Yea he was reaching with that one.

He is the only person in hockey that calls Letang by his full name, "Christopher Letang"

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012

HAVE YOU HEARD OF TRAFFIC, JR?!?

Amazing stuff.

BrawlFan

Apr 17, 2009
The exchange was hilarious for those who missed it

JR: Why did the Pens get off to a slow start?
PM: Because they did also they didnt know about the boards since they practiced at Ottawa U and not the rink
JR: Why did they do that? why not practice at the rink?
PM: Transportation issues
JR: I can get a van in 10 minutes, doesnt sound like an excuse to me
PM: Have you heard of a thing called traffic JR?
JR: At 1 in the afternoon?
PM: I'm not getting into this with you, they didnt stay in their regular place too so that was a thing
JR: So why didnt they do that? and what does that have to do with not practicing in the game rink?

best part!:
PM: Why do you think they didnt practice in the game rink?
JR: I dont know thats why I'm wondering?
PM: I just told you
JR: Okay Pierre

Steve: Hey Pierre heres a softball question
PM: Great question Steve and I think you're smart for asking it

Pierre is such a dumbass. Not sure how anyone can take that idiot seriously. How is it that guys like him, Jeremy Roenick, Mike Millbury, and the rest are the faces of NHL hockey in the US? So many great retired players living in the US.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Pierre got really defensive today with regards to Pittsburgh

Pierre should have been removed from his role on TSN1200 a few years ago. His takes have gotten very stale, however, in true TGOR fashion, they seem to enjoy status quo. The show hasn't changed the format in years. Would be too much work for them to find someone else..

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
Pierre should have been removed from his role on TSN1200 a few years ago. His takes have gotten very stale, however, in true TGOR fashion, they seem to enjoy status quo. The show hasn't changed the format in years. Would be too much work for them to find someone else..

I like listening to Pierre. Sometimes he's blind to his own biases, but it's good to hear from someone outside the Sena-spehere.

It must be tough for the hosts sometimes to walk the line between accommodating host/interviewer and panel member.

I do like that JR's not afraid to throw out the contradictory take when Pierre's spouting nonsense that's frankly insulting to the listener. But it's not like he's an investigative journalist with an uncooperative subject, he has to maintain a professional relationship with Pierre.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
......what?

Is the CTC a brand new arena? Are the Penguins a team full of rookies? You think the core guys like Crosby and Malkin don't know the boards in an arena that's over 20 years old?

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa
......what?

Is the CTC a brand new arena? Are the Penguins a team full of rookies? You think the core guys like Crosby and Malkin don't know the boards in an arena that's over 20 years old?

Considering Crosby and Malkin usually torch us, it's pretty funny that he comes up with excuses like that.

It's hilarious watching the outside media trying to come up with all the excuses as to why all these teams are losing to Ottawa. God forbid they actually give the Sens any credit.

Canadian Time

Mar 2, 2002
Visit site
Pierre is fine, he's often the best segment in the morning. But for sure he's conflicted here, the Pens are NBC's flagship team. Pierre and NBC have been covering "the best player in the world" for years. Seeing them getting shut down in dramatic fashion is tough to explain to a US market. Pierre knows how good the Sens are but like every pundit out there figured the magical Pens would make short work of them.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Pierre is a great analyst and I like the fact that he injects some emotion into it but he has a gigantic weakness for the Penguins and it's what prevents him from being a true professional.

You would never hear a guy like McKenzie making excuses like that.

Pierre is also funny because once he grabs hold of a narrative, he won't let go of it even if what is happening on the ice simply doesn't match up.

I remember him awhile back talking about how "Ottawa simply can't handle the Sabres' speed" and then the Sens tuned them up to some absurd scoreline.

Pierre just kept going on about Buffalo's speed, and I remember thinking, "They're handling it just fine, they're up by 3 goals...."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad