Post-Game Talk: Storm the Weather

3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
I don't have the reasons to hate the Canes (or their fans lol), I think they're a bit fake tough tho. They lack a goalie and probably short a superstar on offense. But Rod's story is great hope he'll have success there eventually... But not before we win a couple))
Canes story is not even about goalie or one superstar. The goaltending they’ve gotten haven’t been bad per se and their top line is contributing. But then there’s virtually nothing after them and it’s on display with the background of Trocheck doing his thing whom they had and chose to let go…

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
Does anyone know why Cuylle was benched last night?
They were looking for the equalizer and go ahead goals in a tight game. and then protecting a tenuous lead. Most coaches shorten their bench when every moment counts. Vesey and Goodrow only had 8 minutes at even strength. Cuylle had 7.

tlk

Jan 7, 2020
Yekaterinburg
Canes story is not even about goalie or one superstar. The goaltending they’ve gotten haven’t been bad per se and their top line is contributing. But then there’s virtually nothing after them and it’s on display with the background of Trocheck doing his thing whom they had and chose to let go…
A Trana reject backed by Kochetkov is pretty damn suspect as far as goalie duos go.
And they don't have that superstar forward.

Letting Tro go was in line with their (apparent) strategy, and backfired.

Reactions: egelband

Brother Mouzone

May 23, 2014
aa-5.gif

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Our even strength ice time numbers were interesting tonight. Lavi may have wanted fresh legs Laf played 9 minutes. Wennberg was near the top. KK played more than I thought.
Wennberg has been terrific. Good hands and sneaky strong and quick enough to protect the puck and find open ice. Hope he’s back next year as well.

DumpnChase12

Apr 26, 2012
Lake Worth, FL
Hope everyone recovered from last night !
I'm assuming Chytil will be in for the rest of the playoffs. He looked good for someone thats been out so long. As for Rempe... "don't call us, we'll call you", for now anyway lol.
Igor = MVP :naughty:

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Honestly, I think Wheeler could be good coach material in the future.
To be frank, I wasn't so destroyed when Wheeler went down. Was feeling like he was too slow and wasn't helping the team the way we wanted. Coupled with the fear of somebody like Laf, Cuylle or even KK losing minutes. Everything happens for a reason and honestly, looking back I guess he wasn't that bad and actually might have been important in these PO's. Pretty sure we've got this without him. Another great win, home.......road......doesn't matter to this team.

Reactions: Jim Ramsay

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
One win away from being the third team in history, to sweep the first two series of the Stanley Cup playoffs. (EDM '83, PIT '92)

View attachment 868114
And we ARE going to be that 3rd team. Even Rod looks defeated in presser, imagine the Canes and how they might be feeling. If they pick up their diapers and somehow win and save face, I'll give them a little credit. Just a smidge.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Not voting for any stars. I LOVE THIS WHOLE TEAM!

I ALSO LOVE EACH AND EVERY BASTARD AND BASTARDESS IN HERE!

LOVE YOU ALL!

WOOOHOOO!
Were you tripping Last night? I mean, that's a whole lot of love your dishing out there. I did a little bit of tripping in my day, it's not such a bad thing, it's a love thing.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: PalmCoastRanger

Gordon Bombay

Remptar
Oct 13, 2006
Tough day for the coach so I only caught the 3rd and OT.

I love this team. Lavi has gotten through too them. Love how we keep telling the haters to suck it

Just. Keep. Winning.

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
Hate losing more than I love winning, and knowing that Carolina lost in the most demoralizing way just compounds my joy.

Fair play lads.

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA
During the game Boucher (who low key stinks) was gushing about Svechnikov and saying the Rangers don't have a player with that kind of strength and skill combination. I'm sorry, is Chris Kreider not on the Rangers? He's the prototypical power forward in today's league, even at his age he's among the very best. Not to mention Zibanejad who is a big man himself and an elite player, playing his very best right now. I just found it weird with him proposing it like this was some mismatch where we're the deficient team - it just really feels like there's a real disconnect with the larger hockey media and what the Rangers actually are and how good they actually are. They won the President's Trophy for a reason and yet everyone still seems to think they're the same team from 2022.
During the Rangers Cup run two years ago a fellow analyst called on out Broucher for being biased against the Rangers and Broucher said, I’ll own that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad