The Official Jeff Skinner Trade Thread Drinking Game

Mathios

May 20, 2017
I would have thought Pat Maroon just had a career year because of McDavid, but really it was the other way around. Who knew? Aho certainly couldn't improve on Maroon's 42 points if he had to play with McDavid.

It's pretty obvious Aho would be a downgrade when compared to Maroon. I mean... Maroon reached 42 while playing with the world famous defense-first-almost-goalie-no-offense McDavid, while Aho got a ridiculous 49 points playing in the attack-only and absolutely ZERO defense line of him - J Staal - E Lindholm. Just your usual mere winger.

:sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm:

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Faceoffs aren't an important skill for a defensive matchup center to have.

These Oiler fans really have it all figured out, don't they

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
I mean... the point of how little of an impact a few % points on FO makes on possession is valid...

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
I mean... the point of how little of an impact a few % points on FO makes on possession is valid...

As I said on that thread, I doubt he'll feel that way the next time his team is barely hanging on to a one-goal lead and pinned down deep, needing to win a faceoff to clear the zone.

Average margin of victory even for really good teams is about half a goal per game, for elite teams that gets closer to one goal. So something like winning a crucial faceoff in your own zone, or winning a faceoff clean for a set play in the offensive zone, can absolutely be the difference between winning and losing that game.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
I ******* hate this quantum stuff.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
You're welcome, I'm going to counter all bad offers with even worse logic and proposals.

screen-shot-2015-06-09-at-23-04-12.png

"That boy is our last hope"

SaskCanesFan

Feb 27, 2015
So since its almost the end of this thread I thought I'd go back to the start and read through a bit. Holy **** some of the proposals linked. Really wish I could bump some of those but they are long locked. I forgot how bad it was.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
We haven't had a team with this many misspellings since the days of Erik, Jordon and Jarret Stahl

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad