The official Germany-Thread!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Force said:
If you want to be seriously Cool, then you don't pick an NHL'ers Jersey #.
Pick Kreutzer or Benda or Kathan... or Ustdorf;

Der Kader für die Spiele in Salzburg und Köln:

Tor: Müller (Krefeld), Greiss (Köln), Kotschnew (Iserlohn)

Verteidigung: S. Goc (Hannover), Leask (Berlin), Bazany, Sulzer (beide Düsseldorf), Schauer (Nürnberg), Renz, Kopitz (beide Köln)

Sturm: Benda (Litvinov/CZ), Ustorf, Felski, Busch (alle Berlin), Boos, Furchner, Lewandowski (alle Köln), Kathan, Kreutzer (beide Düsseldorf), A. Barta (Hamburg), Martinec, Fical (beide Nürnberg), Hackert (Frankfurt)

Dazu stoßen später T Kölzig (Washington), V Ehrhoff (San Jose), Schubert (Ottawa), D. Seidenberg (Philadelphia), S Hecht (Buffalo), Sturm (Boston), M. Goc (San Jose)

I'm picking Sturm because he's my favorite NHLer. Although I like having seemingly odd players on my jerseys (I have a Canada one with Scott Hannan of the Sharks on it), I'm trying to stay within the NHL.

BTW, you might want to fix your list, because Dennis Siedenberg was traded to Phoenix recently.

Safir*

Tronador said:
Although I'm definetely not an Eisbären-Berlin-fan, Christoph Gawlik seems to play better and better and he scored another goal against Frankfurt and has now 20 points(10 goals, 10 assists) for someone who is born 1987!!!!!He or Gogulla should be on the roster.....

By the way, Hördler also made an assists and has now 17 points for a defender and he has also the best +/- of the whole Team(+14)!!!Also another good possibility for the near future!!!

Greetings from Berlin!!

It's all about experience with Krupp. He prefers to play vets, some youngsters too, but most vets. Pretty anti- HF style, eh.

Two week ago I saw a Polar Bears match and I wasn't overly impressed with the performance of the guy like Rob Leask for example, but still Krupp wants experience instead of youth.

Sanderson

Sep 10, 2002
Hamburg, Germany
Experience with the national team that is...
There are plenty of young guys on the team, it's not surprising that he didn't choose anybody who hasn't played for the team yet. It rarely happened that a player went to a big tournament without playing in one of the smaller tournaments or simple friendlies before that.

Safir*

Sanderson said:
Experience with the national team that is...
There are plenty of young guys on the team, it's not surprising that he didn't choose anybody who hasn't played for the team yet. It rarely happened that a player went to a big tournament without playing in one of the smaller tournaments or simple friendlies before that.

Experience with the NT and also league games (regular season, playoffs.) It makes sense that a vet is more experienced, because they have played a ton of games during their carrer (doh!*g*)

When Krupps talks about experience I don't understand him, because some of these youngster played in junior hockey tournaments. I mean a guy
like Gawlik has played for the German U-x+1 teams before.

Canada also choose to go with experience over youth and talent. Guys like Spezza, Staal or Phaneuf were not chosen in the first place. It must have something to do with the coach. Quinn (coach Team Canada) in Toronto has been known to trade away youth for vets.

BTW Who's on the taxi squad?

Sanderson

Sep 10, 2002
Hamburg, Germany
Uxx isn't the men's team, it isn't experience against pro-players. You don't need to have a good junior-career to end up playing for the men's team.
You should have at least some experience with the big boys, before you play in the most important tournament there is.

Burgs

Sep 10, 2005
It's also a great honour to play at the Olympics against the world's greatest players so Krupp probably also thinks that a veteran who's battled through many WC and qualifications and stuff has earned a roster spot more than a 20 year old who has only player U20 and U18. Let them gain experience at the WC then in 2010 bring em 'up.

MAF

Feb 22, 2005
Kärppä32 said:
Canada also choose to go with experience over youth and talent. Guys like Spezza, Staal or Phaneuf were not chosen in the first place. It must have something to do with the coach. Quinn (coach Team Canada) in Toronto has been known to trade away youth for vets.
Yeah, we saw how well that worked out for the Leafs. When did they make the finals the last times ??

Safir*

Possible options:

- Robert Hock
- Michael Wolf
- Thomas Dolak

:dunno:

SensAndy77

Sep 6, 2005
Freiburg, Germany
www.ehcf.de
Noboday knows if Hecht, Sturm and Goc will play center or wing in Torino, maybe there will be enough players with Alex Barta and Florian Busch that can play in the middle.

Robert Hock won´t play, he was told by Krupp that he won´t be considered some weeks ago, i´m not sure about Dolak but Wolf is definately a winger.

MAF

Feb 22, 2005
GermanGirl said:
Please tell me Sturm is not seriously injured. Does anyone know more about it?
He'll probably miss 1 or 2 games, but should be ready for the Olympics ...

www.sport1.de does an article about Krupp and his sqaud. They mention that some of the players will be sent home and it is not clear how the squad will look in the end. I thought, the final rosters had to be set at Dec 23rd ...

They also say, Schubert suffered an injury in yesterday's game against Pittsburgh and left the ice in the beginning of the 3rd period. But according to nhl.com's stats he played until the very last second of the game.

Mr. T

Feb 15, 2003
GermanGirl said:
Please tell me Sturm is not seriously injured. Does anyone know more about it?

I hope not. Maybe Fler can fill in for him in the meantime.

Giguere27

Feb 4, 2006
Bavaria
Marco Sturm will play for Germany at the Olympics but it looks like Schubert won't be able to play as he received a shoulder injury against the pens. :(

MAF

Feb 22, 2005
Giguere27 said:
Marco Sturm will play for Germany at the Olympics but it looks like Schubert won't be able to play as he received a shoulder injury against the pens. :(
When exactly ? And why does nobody at the Sens board know anything about it ?

He took a bad hit against Pittsburgh and had to be helped off the ice, but that was last week. Ottawa played Pittsburgh again on Monday and Schubert had a pretty good game, scoring a goal and being named 3rd star (if I remember correctly).

MAF

Feb 22, 2005
Jochen Hecht is out for the Olympics as his knee was hurt in todays game against Montreal.

Kaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaacke...

Sanderson

Sep 10, 2002
Hamburg, Germany
Sigh, one injury after another.
Hopefully Goc, Ehrhoff, Seidenberg and Kölzig stay completely healthy, will be hard though, Seidernberg has one game left, the others two ;)

The only guys we really can't afford to lose get injured...

Sanderson

Sep 10, 2002
Hamburg, Germany
I haven't heard about the quality of his play, maybe a Coyote fan could say how he looked in the last few games. He was a -2 in the last game, but that stat doesn't say anything about your play.

Miracle80

Jan 30, 2006
Rochester, NY
Seidenberg's 1st Dallas game, yes total disaster. But he hadn't been with the club long (2nd game as a yote I think) and was getting way more ice time than he was used to in Philly. Dallas game last night, he was fine, even had a helper on the lone Coyote goal. I think he has been playing very well over the last few games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad