The official Germany-Thread!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smelco

Aug 19, 2004
Eduard Lewandowski is an amazing player in EA sports NHL 2006. haha

For fun, I checked his stats on hockeydb.com and they are very good and hes not that old! Any chance he may try the north american game someday?

EHCler

May 9, 2003
Visit site
AfroThunder396 said:
Hi, I'm a Sabres fan and I was just wondering, how big you guys think Hecht's injury is to team Germany?

I think Hecht is together with Sturm the most important player for the German side and is unreplaceble. they are expected to carry our attack. Now one of them is out the other injured as well what a start. :shakehead
After those 2 I would assume Koelzig is next most important player.

morkusa

Mar 14, 2003
Krefeld, Germany
Visit site
Smelco said:
Eduard Lewandowski is an amazing player in EA sports NHL 2006. haha

For fun, I checked his stats on hockeydb.com and they are very good and hes not that old! Any chance he may try the north american game someday?

As far as I know, he is drafted by the Phoenix Coyotes and has been to their camp a couple of times. So, yes, there is a chance he'll come over to the States some time. His potential is something like a good 3rd line player.

Flukeshot

Briere Activate!
Sponsor
Feb 19, 2004
Brampton, Ont
Who on Earth is going to score for this team now. Hopefully Sturm will be in good shape when the games start but losing Hecht is horrible. The team seems to usually play 3 defensive lines with that Hecht, Sturm and Goc/others in the past, as the only offensive line.

Good luck Deutschland

JoeLH

Oct 15, 2003
Visit site
Well, Lewandowski is of russian origian, and that's nearly all said about him ... he definitely has more phyisical abilities than Sturm or Hecht - it's all about his attitude. Gretzky and the Coyotes franchise is obviously behind him, so ... he just has to play his game, what he usually plays in Germany for Cologne ... just for the Coyotes and - he will be able to play in every position in the lines 2 to 4, absolutely ... !!

Firedriller

JoeLH said:
Well, Lewandowski is of russian origian, and that's nearly all said about him ... he definitely has more phyisical abilities than Sturm or Hecht - it's all about his attitude. Gretzky and the Coyotes franchise is obviously behind him, so ... he just has to play his game, what he usually plays in Germany for Cologne ... just for the Coyotes and - he will be able to play in every position in the lines 2 to 4, absolutely ... !!

If he plays the same hockey at PHO that he plays most of the time here in Cologne he will be sent to the minors and rot there. His attitude is so awful, he COULD be one hell of a player over here but most of the time he just seems lethargic. It's really sad and totally annoys me :rant:

Hecht is a huge loss, I consider him more important than Sturm. He can elevate the play of the national team by his skills more than Marco. But the team will have to deal with it.

We played a very good test game against Russia today, but we're missing too many chances and so lost 1:3. I really hope that Krupp cuts Leask, I can't stand to see him play. At the 2-on-1 that led to the 2-1 lead he didn't even know that there was a second russian player in his back :shakehead

Last edited:

OilerOlli*

Andy#77 said:
Sturm is out, too. Dammit.

Yes, I read that too...**** **** ****
The Bruins wants that he rest in america during the olmypics. That sucks. I think Kölzig, Seidenberg, Schubert, Ehrhoff can stay at home too.

RangersFan88*

thats it germany is gonna go down ..... i actually wanted to watch the germans play but without hecht and sturm i could also watch curling

Safir*

The offense was medicore before, but now it's pretty much a joke. Who is going to score for the Black, Red and Gold?

Sanderson

Sep 10, 2002
Hamburg, Germany
Maybe if we put Schubert up front he could score some goals ;)

The team needs to go back to what made them successful in 2001 and 2002. They didn't really have problems to score back then, no matter who was on the ice.

JVR

HeadHitsAreNotIllega
Jul 17, 2002
Visit site
RangersFan88 said:
thats it germany is gonna go down ..... i actually wanted to watch the germans play but without hecht and sturm i could also watch curling

I don't know if I'll be watching now. I was so looking forward to this with Hecht and Sturm having good years and now I'm just disappointed.

I guess we should be happy happy now to get a point against Switzerland and not get blown out against the other teams, yeah! :yo:

rbeeler

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
Its time for guys like Kreutzer, Kathan, Ustorf and Lewandowski to step up and provide some offense. They certainly have the ability, even against NHL'ers, its just a matter of execution. Schubie is playing well as a forward with Ottawa, and considering the depth of the German defense, perhaps he may be moved up.

I agree, with the injuries suffered, this team needs to go back to the Hans Zach-style if they want to stay competitive.

EHCler

May 9, 2003
Visit site
What a joke the 2 most important players missing.
Well guess we have to rely on our defense, which is possibly the strongest we ever had.
Up front it is time for Kathan Kreutzer Lewandowski Ustdorf Goc and Benda to step it up.

RangersFan88*

NewBlood said:
Sturm and Hecht have both been injured by the Montreal Canadiens this week. :madfire:

JADIJADIJADIJADIJOOOOOO

MONREAL

HUREN***** !!!!!!!!!!!!!

:handclap:

EHCler

May 9, 2003
Visit site
Kopitz and Benda have been cut :confused: in addition to Bazany.

Well guess we have to deal with Leask. :rant:

I expected Benda to actually lead this team as captain, he always has been a stellar preformer for our national team.

Would have preffered Leask to get cut instead of Kopitz. Hope Leask will remain the our spare defender and be cut as soon as the NHL players arrive.

My ideal German defense, considering the cuts:

Schubert --- Ehrhoff
Sulzer --- Seidenberg
Goc ---- Schauer
Extra: Renz

So there is still space to cut Leask. :yo:

Last edited:

Sanderson

Sep 10, 2002
Hamburg, Germany
These are the players who are left. It's quite interesting actually, there are lots "pairs", who play on the same team.

Lewandowski-Boos-Furchner
Kathan-Goc-Kreutzer
Fical-Ustorf-Martinec
Felski-Barta-Busch

Ehrhoff-Schubert
Seidenberg-Sulzer
Schauer-Goc
Leask-Renz

Kölzig
Müller
Greiss

Status