The official Germany-Thread!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jekoh

Jun 8, 2004
Sanderson said:
Actually they do, all of these players come from areas which were populated by Germans or even belonged to Germany.
They're not of German origin themselves, though, that was the point.

Sanderson said:
As far as I know, Canada was never property of Germany, so that doesn't allow this comparison...
Living in Canada for 20 years gives you strong ties to that country. I'd say merely being from a city where a handful of Germans used to live some 70 years ago doesn't give you the same kind of ties.

As someone from Hamburg yourself, do you feel strong ties with France ? :sarcasm:

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Germany's new Nike Swift jersey is for sale now. I have to say that I'm disappointed. After unveiling that absolutely awesome design for the World Championships last year, they went and changed everything and made the new design absolutely horrible looking. And it's not even just because it's one of those slim-fitting Swift designs. I didn't like the Canada Swifts, but after seeing them in person, they weren't so bad. But the new Germany one looks awful.

http://www.rivercitysports.com/cda/final-04.cfm?league=INTERNATIONAL&team=GERMANY&category=JERSEYS&subcategory=REPLICA&colors=Black&proddesc=Nike%20Swift%20Replica%20Jerseys

Thank god Icejerseys is still selling the last year model.

JVR

HeadHitsAreNotIllega
Jul 17, 2002
Visit site
Kärppä32 said:
Real German? You mean with blonde hair and blue eyes? :shakehead

I don't agree with everything force wrote mainly because he was contradicting himself like jekoh pointed out but he was clearly not going in that direction so I think that comment is a bit uncalled for.

danista

Mar 25, 2004
Cologne, Germany
Almost every Olympic hockey game is shown by ARD/ZDF. Here's the complete schedule:

1130 KAZ-SWE zeitweise im ZDF
1300 ITA-CAN live EinsFestival, zeitweise im ZDF
1530 SUI-FIN zeitweise im ZDF
1700 GER-TCH live EinsFestival und ZDF, ab 1830 auch Eurosport
2000 RUS-SVK live EinsFestival, ab 2145 auch Eurosport
2100 LAT-USA vermutlich nach 2000-Spiel live EinsFestival, ab 2200 auch ZDF, ab 2215 auch Eurosport

1200 FIN-ITA live EinsFestival
1300 TCH-SUI live EinsFestival, wohl nach 1200-Spiel
1600 SWE-RUS live EinsFestival, zeitweise auch ARD
1700 SVK-LAT live EinsFestival, wohl nach 1600-Spiel
2000 CAN-GER live EinsFestival und ARD
2100 USA-KAZ nicht geplant

1130 KAZ-RUS zeitweise im ZDF
1300 ITA-GER live EinsFestival und ZDF
1530 CAN-SUI live EinsFestival, zeitweise auch ZDF
1700 SWE-LAT live EinsFestival, zeitweise auch ZDF
2000 SVK-USA live EinsFestival, zeitweise auch ZDF
2100 TCH-FIN ab 2200 live Eurosport

1200 GER-SUI live EinsFestival und ZDF, ab 1330 auch Eurosport
1300 RUS-LAT live EinsFestival nach 1200-Spiel, zeitweise ZDF, ab 1415 auch Eurosport
1600 SVK-KAZ zeitweise im ZDF
1700 USA-SWE live EinsFestival, zeitweise im ZDF
2000 TCH-ITA live EinsFestivl, zeitweise im ZDF
2100 FIN-CAN zeitweise im ZDF, ab 2230 live Eurosport

1130 LAT-KAZ nicht geplant
1230 SUI-ITA live EinsFestival
1530 FIN-GER live ARD
1630 CAN-TCH live EinsFestival
2000 SWE-SVK zeitweise ARD
2030 USA-RUS live EinsFestival, zeitweise ARD

22.02. Viertelfinale
1630 live EinsFestival, zeitweise im ZDF
1730 live EinsFestival
2030 live EinsFestival, zeitweise im ZDF, ab 2115 auch Eurosport
2130 live Eurosport (wohl erst nach 2030-Spiel), zeitweise im ZDF

24.02.Halbfinale
1630 live EinsFestival und Eurosport, zeitweise im ZDF
2100 live EinsFestival, ab 2130 auch Eurosport

EinsFestival - the Olympic hockey channel :handclap:

MAF

Feb 22, 2005
Kärppä32 said:
What? :eek:

I can't believe that they won't cover this one.
I guess, they don't wanna show the final twice ;-).

MAF

Feb 22, 2005
Kärppä32 said:
Haha. :)

Immer noch wach? Ach...die Pens spielen. ;)
Und sie verlieren wieder :-/ ... zum 314. Mal diese Saison ...

Titan124

Oct 14, 2005
To the person who says Switzerland will beat Germany, Germany destroys Switzerland in every category on paper (except maybe goaltending). Switzerland beating Germany would be a HUGE upset. That German team is looking pretty good, never knew there were so many prominent German players in the NHL. I think it's pretty clear that Germany will be the best of the lower tier teams, which include (in my mind) Italy, Switzerland, Kazakhstan (how do they keep making the olympics?!?! have they ever had an NHL player?), Latvia, and Germany. In a few more years Germany will probably be competing with the big time at the rate they're going.

MAF

Feb 22, 2005
Titan124 said:
To the person who says Switzerland will beat Germany, Germany destroys Switzerland in every category on paper (except maybe goaltending). Switzerland beating Germany would be a HUGE upset. That German team is looking pretty good, never knew there were so many prominent German players in the NHL. I think it's pretty clear that Germany will be the best of the lower tier teams, which include (in my mind) Italy, Switzerland, Kazakhstan (how do they keep making the olympics?!?! have they ever had an NHL player?), Latvia, and Germany. In a few more years Germany will probably be competing with the big time at the rate they're going.
The main thing with Germany will be if they can reach their potential. If they play the way they look on paper, they will beat the Swiss.
But who would've thought (prior to the WC 05) that the Germans would lose to Denmark ??

SwisshockeyAcademy

Dec 11, 2002
Visit site
Titan124 said:
The one thing the Swiss have going for them is their continuity.Same coach for a long time and a core group of players that are all used to each other. The Germans are coming off relegation to Div 1 and have a very new and very green coach in Krupp. I like Germany's talent and spunk but it is not out of the realm of possibility that Switzerland could get by them. Games are not played on paper.

Weltsky

Sep 21, 2005
Calgary, Alberta
hey everyone from Germany, i am of german origin, and always cheer for germany after Canada, they usually arent a powerhouse team like Canada, Russia and the Czech's, but they do pretty well and work hard, like all german do.....I actually went to Germany this summer with my soccer team, i didnt get to see any hockey, with it being during the summer and my coaches strict on being there for soccer, lol, but i did get to see a German Bundesliga game (FC Koln against FSV Mainz, in Koln) and i loved the atmosphere, i have been to a couple NHL games, and the atmosphere is not even close to the atmosphere there, i hope its the same in the rinks in Germany...I have always been a fan of Marco Sturm, him being a shark for so long, and was sad to see him leave San Jose, but then again its Joe Thornton, i hope you guys can agree with me on that, lol. He is a speedy forward with a great finish, and looking at the roster, he should captain this team as well. Alright well good luck to you guys, and GO GERMANY!

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
May be old news, but the DEB website says that Germany's taxi squad will be Frank Hoerdler, Felix Petermann, and Yanic Seidenberg. At least I think that's what it's saying.

BTW, I hate to be a pest, but is there any word about Captains and alternates yet? Or jersey #s? My Germany jersey should be arriving on Tuesday, and I'd like to have it customized with Sturm's appropriate # and possible "C" in time for the start of the hockey.

All the indications on the DEB site are that Sturm is keeping #19, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him switch to #16 given the success he's had in Boston so far.

MAF

Feb 22, 2005
AFAIR Sturm was captain at the World Cup 2004. So I guess he will wear the C again, but maybe Hecht will do it like he did at the WC 05 (Sturm didn't participate).

Force

Jan 26, 2006
The Nemesis said:
May be old news, but the DEB website says that Germany's taxi squad will be Frank Hoerdler, Felix Petermann, and Yanic Seidenberg. At least I think that's what it's saying.

BTW, I hate to be a pest, but is there any word about Captains and alternates yet? Or jersey #s? My Germany jersey should be arriving on Tuesday, and I'd like to have it customized with Sturm's appropriate # and possible "C" in time for the start of the hockey.

All the indications on the DEB site are that Sturm is keeping #19, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him switch to #16 given the success he's had in Boston so far.

If you want to be seriously Cool, then you don't pick an NHL'ers Jersey #.
Pick Kreutzer or Benda or Kathan... or Ustdorf;

Der Kader für die Spiele in Salzburg und Köln:

Tor: Müller (Krefeld), Greiss (Köln), Kotschnew (Iserlohn)

Verteidigung: S. Goc (Hannover), Leask (Berlin), Bazany, Sulzer (beide Düsseldorf), Schauer (Nürnberg), Renz, Kopitz (beide Köln)

Sturm: Benda (Litvinov/CZ), Ustorf, Felski, Busch (alle Berlin), Boos, Furchner, Lewandowski (alle Köln), Kathan, Kreutzer (beide Düsseldorf), A. Barta (Hamburg), Martinec, Fical (beide Nürnberg), Hackert (Frankfurt)

Dazu stoßen später T Kölzig (Washington), V Ehrhoff (San Jose), Schubert (Ottawa), D. Seidenberg (Philadelphia), S Hecht (Buffalo), Sturm (Boston), M. Goc (San Jose)

Tronador

Nov 13, 2003
Berlin
Visit site
Although I'm definetely not an Eisbären-Berlin-fan, Christoph Gawlik seems to play better and better and he scored another goal against Frankfurt and has now 20 points(10 goals, 10 assists) for someone who is born 1987!!!!!He or Gogulla should be on the roster.....

By the way, Hördler also made an assists and has now 17 points for a defender and he has also the best +/- of the whole Team(+14)!!!Also another good possibility for the near future!!!

Greetings from Berlin!!

JVR

HeadHitsAreNotIllega
Jul 17, 2002
Visit site
Crap. :/

I have to agree with SwisshockeyAcademy. I can see Switzerland beating GErmany, I hope it won't happen but it's possible.

It's all about the team not who has the most NHL players. Also they do have have two awesome goalies who could steal a game.

bernsy74

Jul 1, 2003
Sabres fan here.

Just a note, Jochen Hecht has been playing his best hockey during the last six weeks or so and has really elevated his game since the injury to Connolly. He has switched from the wong to centre and is playing unbelievable.

Cat Called Bobcat

Dec 3, 2003
Ottawa
Visit site
Schubert was hit into the boards from behind in last night's game and was motionless for a few minutes. Scary stuff. Fortunately, he got up was helped off the ice. He did look woozy and it seemed like it might be a concussion, but the paper this morning said it was a sore back. Hopefully, he doesn't miss any time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad