The official Germany-Thread!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tronador

Nov 13, 2003
Berlin
Visit site
Here is the pre-roster of Germany:

Tor: Müller (Krefeld), Greiss (Köln), Kotschnew (Iserlohn)

Verteidigung: S. Goc (Hannover), Leask (Berlin), Bazany, Sulzer (beide Düsseldorf), Schauer (Nürnberg), Renz, Kopitz (beide Köln)

Sturm: Benda (Litvinov/CZ), Ustorf, Felski, Busch (alle Berlin), Boos, Furchner, Lewandowski (alle Köln), Kathan, Kreutzer (beide Düsseldorf), A. Barta (Hamburg), Martinec, Fical (beide Nürnberg), Hackert (Frankfurt)

Dazu stoßen später T Kölzig (Washington), V Ehrhoff (San Jose), Schubert (Ottawa), D. Seidenberg (Philadelphia), S Hecht (Buffalo), Sturm (Boston), M. Goc (San Jose)

http://www.hockeyweb.de/index.php?action=ART&aNr=18683

What are your expectations for this tournament??

Greetings from Berlin

ALF AmericanLionsFan

Dec 19, 2002
Cleveland, Ohio USA
Visit site
Robertsson 4-ever said:
I'm intersted in this Michael Hackert that left Detroit earlier this season. Has anyone seen him play?
A few times with the Griffins when they came to Cleveland and once in Frankfurt against Cologne. Seems to be rounding into good shape after barely playing in Grand Rapids. Currently has influenza and might not play in the game against Krefeld tomorrow

ALF AmericanLionsFan

Dec 19, 2002
Cleveland, Ohio USA
Visit site
Tronador said:
Here is the pre-roster of Germany:

Tor: Müller (Krefeld), Greiss (Köln), Kotschnew (Iserlohn)

Verteidigung: S. Goc (Hannover), Leask (Berlin), Bazany, Sulzer (beide Düsseldorf), Schauer (Nürnberg), Renz, Kopitz (beide Köln)

Sturm: Benda (Litvinov/CZ), Ustorf, Felski, Busch (alle Berlin), Boos, Furchner, Lewandowski (alle Köln), Kathan, Kreutzer (beide Düsseldorf), A. Barta (Hamburg), Martinec, Fical (beide Nürnberg), Hackert (Frankfurt)

Dazu stoßen später T Kölzig (Washington), V Ehrhoff (San Jose), Schubert (Ottawa), D. Seidenberg (Philadelphia), S Hecht (Buffalo), Sturm (Boston), M. Goc (San Jose)

http://www.hockeyweb.de/index.php?action=ART&aNr=18683

What are your expectations for this tournament??

Greetings from Berlin
I'm actually pretty excited. I think they will surprise some people. Things are continuing to move in the right direction for the German program. Can't wait for the tourney

EHCler

May 9, 2003
Visit site
Did Luedemann retire from the national side? Otherwise I see no reason to leave him out.

Would have preffered to see Hoerdler instead of Leask in defense. And am not that sure about some of the forwards either. Well lets see how they they do.

No players from Mannheim. Well even having the best youth team will not help unless you give the players a chance in the DEL.

Burgs

Sep 10, 2005
The performances of our NHLers will make or break this team, as always. The DEL players on their own would get trounced by the top 7 and will have to battle hard against the smaller nations. Lüdemann retired from the national team in 2004 to concentrate on his club career with Cologne and probably also because Hans Zach was canned as national coach.

After the debacle that was Greg Poss (relegation to Div I after last year's WCs) it'll be interesting to see how new head coach Uwe Krupp will do. "Huey" has had the best NHL career of any German so far in history and should thus have everyone's respect, but he has no head coaching experience on the senior level.

SwisshockeyAcademy

Dec 11, 2002
Visit site
Krupp's lack of experience could be an absolute killer for the German's. I am wishing them well but coaching is tough enough without jumping head first into the Olympics where some really accomplished coaches and programs are waiting. Say what you will about Zach but he had a system and stuck to it. I was not a fan of it but he had most players playing it and they were reasonably successful.

HeHateMeFrisbee

Feb 27, 2002
Savannah, GA
therealdeal said:
I'll be interested to see how many German guys are wearing T-blades.
worst thing ever. The concept isnt technically sound. How can steel good enough to hold an edge for 2-4 times longer than regular steel only cost $15? Seriously, it doesnt work. Half the time the t-blades arent even level. Crap, crap, crap. :shakehead

ALF AmericanLionsFan

Dec 19, 2002
Cleveland, Ohio USA
Visit site
Krupp was interviewed yesterday on Home Ice station on XM radio. Feels this is the best team Germany has had and believes they will play well in Turin. Anyone else hear that yesterday? Obviously nothing earth shattering,but nice that they got Krupp on about Team Germany!

CaptainShark

Sep 25, 2004
Fulda, Germany
Does anybody know if the German-games will be on free TV in Germany? ANd what about other games? Would love to watch Nabby and Russia or Thornton and Canada...

rbeeler

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
I too feel this is one of the best teams Germany has iced in a long time. Certainly on paper they are stronger than the 2002 SLC team that acquitted itself very well. The only disappointing area I can find is that some of the younger players were left off the pre-Olympic roster in favor of guys like Leask and Bazany. While they are probably very helpful in the development of some of the younger players, they are also keeping them from receiving extremely valuable exposure to international competition.

Also, I think the 2010 German may be the strongest ever. Gawlik, Gogulla, the current NHL’ers, Greiss….

therealdeal

Apr 22, 2005
HeHateMeFrisbee said:
worst thing ever. The concept isnt technically sound. How can steel good enough to hold an edge for 2-4 times longer than regular steel only cost $15? Seriously, it doesnt work. Half the time the t-blades arent even level. Crap, crap, crap. :shakehead

I would tend to disagree, I love T-blades, not only do they last longer, but they also get hotter which cuts the ice better.

devilman

Feb 27, 2002
Burn Berne
I expect another great rival game between the Switzerland and good ol' Germany. But you guys have no chance, like everytime... :yo:

Hope Krupp doesn't mess it up like your old coach, he was horrible!!!

Anyway, good luck to our big canton Germany... ;)

Patty Ice

Straight to the Banc
Feb 27, 2002
Not California
Dan Galvin said:
Krupp was interviewed yesterday on Home Ice station on XM radio. Feels this is the best team Germany has had and believes they will play well in Turin. Anyone else hear that yesterday? Obviously nothing earth shattering,but nice that they got Krupp on about Team Germany!

Did he mention if Greiss was gonna see any action? I'd imagine Muller (sorry don't know how to work accents) would be the back up with his experience. Team Germany will definitely be the team I'm rooting for in any case. Time for Ehrhoff to take it up a notch...show the peoples in San Jose what they got ahead of em.

ALF AmericanLionsFan

Dec 19, 2002
Cleveland, Ohio USA
Visit site
Patty Ice said:
Did he mention if Greiss was gonna see any action? I'd imagine Muller (sorry don't know how to work accents) would be the back up with his experience. Team Germany will definitely be the team I'm rooting for in any case. Time for Ehrhoff to take it up a notch...show the peoples in San Jose what they got ahead of em.
I didn't hear him mention anything. I may have missed some of it. I think I heard a condensed version of yesterday's interview. He only mentioned Kolzig and how important he would be in their possible sucess. The only players Krupp talked about were NHLers. He didn't mention any of the guys from the DEL.

Patty Ice

Straight to the Banc
Feb 27, 2002
Not California
Dan Galvin said:
I didn't hear him mention anything. I may have missed some of it. I think I heard a condensed version of yesterday's interview. He only mentioned Kolzig and how important he would be in their possible sucess. The only players Krupp talked about were NHLers. He didn't mention any of the guys from the DEL.

What did he have to say about Goc or Ehrhoff, if at all?

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Question: Does anyone know if Sturm will be wearing #16 on the team now that he wears that for Boston? Or will he stick with #19 from his time with the Sharks & previous national teams?

Also, any word on who's wearing the C and the A's yet? Or the taxi squad?

Thanks.

Oh, and I think this German team wil surprise a lot of people. I don't expect a ton of upsets, but I've seen people rank them behind the Swiss and the Latvians, and I think that's a big mistake.

Safir*

CaptainShark said:
Does anybody know if the German-games will be on free TV in Germany? ANd what about other games? Would love to watch Nabby and Russia or Thornton and Canada...

In 2002 ARD and ZDF carried many games (if not all of them?) and I hope that they will do it again this time around.

http://www.zdf.de/ZDFde/inhalt/7/0,1872,3723015,00.html

Lot's of info is missing, but I'm sure they will update it soon.

Tronador

Nov 13, 2003
Berlin
Visit site
I also would take Frank Hördler(born 1985), who is one of the best defenders at the "Eisbären Berlin". I think he has the second best +/- statistics!! And Gogulla or Gawlik should be taken over Martinec!!!

For the next worldcup there are really good possibilities...Michael Wolf(Iserlohn), Boris Blank(Krefeld), Thomas Dolak(Hannover), Robert Hock(Hannover), Anton Bader and Michael Waginger(Duisburg), P.Reimer and Thomas Jörg(Düsseldorf), Andre Rankel(Eisbären Berlin), Erich Goldmann etc..

Could someone say something about Lukas Slavetinsky(Hamburg Freezers - coming from the third league), who seems to impress...has someone seen him play??

Greetings from Berlin

arbor

Aug 23, 2005
Germany
CaptainShark said:

Let's hope everyone has DVB, EinsFestival will have lots of hockey. 24 live games according to this:

http://forum.digitalfernsehen.de/forum/showpost.php?p=1155257&postcount=47

If the above is right only two games won't be shown (USA-KAZ and LAT-KAZ), everything else at least partially.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->