OT: **The Off-Topic Thread Part 2**

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 27, 2012
Earth
Oh man...this rough. I am finishing a project(game) that is worth 20% of my mark. I am trying hard not to fall asleep. Currently 3:40 am. My game is going to really bad....Oh well. Better to get a mark than no mark :dunno:

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
Had a pretty horrible nightmare/sleep paralysis a couple months ago. I was sleeping and opened my eyes because I could feel something staring at me. I turned my head and seen a big black figure standing in our walk-in closet, just looking at me. Never felt so terrified in my life and I could do nothing! My mind was going insane but I couldn't move, yell, nothing, than finally when I managed to force myself to yell after what seemed like an eternity, I yelled "****in STOP IT!!!" At the top of my lungs. Scared the living **** out of my gf, stayed up the rest of the morning (5am) until work. Haven't had that since, but in my 21 yrs of existence that was the most terrifying dream I ever had.

Also, I had some pretty lucid dreams while taking piracitam.

THIS is EXACTLY what happens to me. A dark figure is usually on my chest or in the corner of my eye.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
Oh ok yea you have the same kind of lucid dreams as me. Most of the time when I feel the dream turning bad I just wake myself up before it even starts. I'm just like, **** this I'm out! :laugh:
How do you wake yourself up? I close my eyes in my dream and then open them up really fast. Sometimes I have to do it 2 or 3 times to actually wake myself up. Works every time tho.

I dunno. I just wake up. Like I said, I can control them, so I can control when I leave them.

Oddly enough, I have no control over neutral or positive dreams. Only negative ones.

May 27, 2012
Earth
Well...went to bed at 7am this morning and got up 30 mins ago. Thank god there was a second snow day in a row :yo: Perks of still being in highschool. :laugh:

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
Had another one of those sleep paralysis' again last night.

How can you prevent this kind of stuff? I'm terrified to go to bed now.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria

I believe there are doctors for this kind of thing, but they probably would charge you at least two limbs and your firstborn. And I believe the plural would just be paralyses. :teach:

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
I believe there are doctors for this kind of thing, but they probably would charge you at least two limbs and your firstborn. And I believe the plural would just be paralyses. :teach:

Yeah, I'm not going to a doctor. :laugh:

I'm going to try to lucid dream

Beats By CoRD

Tommy Fresh
Jul 12, 2009
In The Studio
www.myflashstore.net

Found these:

1. Avoid irregular sleep patterns and get plenty of sleep. People who are sleep deprived or who have unusual sleep patterns (like shift-workers) can have disturbed REM sleep. Because sleep paralysis is a ‘malfunction’ of REM, disturbed REM sleep probably makes people vulnerable to sleep paralysis.

2. Don’t sleep on your back. Data that Al Cheyne, Steve Rueffer, and I collected indicate that people who sleep on their back experience sleep paralysis more often. Of course, maybe people who sleep on their back are the kind of people who experience sleep paralysis. But, might as well give it a shot.

3. I’ve also seen it suggested that you should try to move your facial muscles.

4. Someone else touching you might bring you out of it, but this has yet to be confirmed.

Read more at http://www.pickthebrain.com/blog/sleep-paralysis-what-it-is-and-how-to-avoid-it/#FHMPHikISKYWCptL.99

May 27, 2012
Earth
Found these:

1. Avoid irregular sleep patterns and get plenty of sleep. People who are sleep deprived or who have unusual sleep patterns (like shift-workers) can have disturbed REM sleep. Because sleep paralysis is a ‘malfunction’ of REM, disturbed REM sleep probably makes people vulnerable to sleep paralysis.

2. Don’t sleep on your back. Data that Al Cheyne, Steve Rueffer, and I collected indicate that people who sleep on their back experience sleep paralysis more often. Of course, maybe people who sleep on their back are the kind of people who experience sleep paralysis. But, might as well give it a shot.

3. I’ve also seen it suggested that you should try to move your facial muscles.

4. Someone else touching you might bring you out of it, but this has yet to be confirmed.

Read more at http://www.pickthebrain.com/blog/sleep-paralysis-what-it-is-and-how-to-avoid-it/#FHMPHikISKYWCptL.99

Oh man. During the week I usually get about 3-5 hours of sleep every night from Sunday night to Thursday night, the weekend about 7- 9 hours. I am pretty sure I have insomnia... Having multiple brain injuries doesn't help either.

Last edited:

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
http://ca.news.yahoo.com/laptop-stolen-health-information-620k-albertans-213303617.html "Laptop stolen with health information of 620,000 Albertans"

My Albertan friends. Have you heard about this? How do you feel that your information could have been stolen?

Pffft, I haven't been to the doctor in years. I have nothing to worry about. :sarcasm:

Seriously though, you have to wonder what all these records were doing on a laptop in the first place, and not stored in a remote location.

I would be less concerned about the listing of the actual treatments, illnesses ect. than I would be about what kind of personal identification might have been in the database, like SIN numbers or Alberta Health Care #'s.

May 27, 2012
Earth
Like what, specifically? I've always heard that protecting your SIN number is important due to the risk of identity theft, but I don't really understand how that works.

With someones SIN number you cause a lot of damage for the other person. As long as you have it, you have access to the specific persons information anytime, anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad