The Newer, Officialer Sidney Crosby Sporadic Post Thread! [ALL Crosby talk Goes Here]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foppa_Rules

Nov 1, 2003
Earth...how about you?
Crosbyfan said:
No doubt in "your" mind?
Do you honestly think Sidney is better now than Ovechkin is now?
:lol: How many goals did Sid get in the WJ Championships? Ovechkin got 5 in 6 games. So be absurd. Sidney is no where near as good now. Like I said, we'll see in two years.

L3DZ3P

Aug 18, 2003
Trois-Rivières,Qc
Foppa_Rules said:
:lol: How many goals did Sid get in the WJ Championships? Ovechkin got 5 in 6 games. So be absurd. Sidney is no where near as good now. Like I said, we'll see in two years.
Well i do honestly think that Sidney is a better player than Ovechkin.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Foppa_Rules said:

Ovechkin was getting first line ice time and was playing with an NHL player (Semin) and the second best prospect for 2004 (Malkin). Sidney was playing fourth line duty with guys that probably won't make it to the NHL (Dixon/Tambellini) and the kid scored at ppg pace so...

Canadian Chris

Feb 28, 2002
Nanaimo, BC
Visit site
well, I'm pretty sure Tambellini WILL make it to the NHL. Simply too much skill there, and I don't know enough about Dixon, but ya, Tamby will be playing in LA within the next few years no doubts

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
Foppa_Rules said:

I think that Sid is a better prospect than Ovechkin is NOW. I suspect that if any GM had to pick one right now they would take Sid.

Nowhere did I say that Sid is better Now. Frankly I don't know. I suspect they are close. That makes Sid a "lot" better prospect as he's almost two years younger. I think a reasonable projection would put Sid ahead in the near future. No guarantee of that.

Edit: Sid got over half the points Ovechkin got at the WJC's on roughly half the icetime. Of course Sid is almost 3 months older "NOW".

Last edited:

Foppa_Rules

Nov 1, 2003
Earth...how about you?
Actually, Ovechkin played with Pestunov and Shkotov. Ever heard of them? Didn't think so. Had they put Ovechin-Malkin-Semen on the same line you can bet Ovechkin would have gotten more. Ovechkin has proven himself leagues more than sidney has. Sidney plays against children while Ovechkin plays against men. Sidney plays in a high-scoring league while Ovechkin plays in a very low-scoring defensive league. Crosby has yet to prove himself. Ovechkin has to prove himself also but he is farther down that road that sidney is. I don't doubt that sidney has talent, but it takes more than that to be a great player. He has a lot of proving to do.

KariyaIsGod*

Foppa_Rules said:

You know it's funny. When people talk about Ovechkin's lack of numbers in Russia this year it's a man's league and stats don't count but here you are, using stats against Crosby...

Unfortunately for you, you obviously missed something when watching the tournament because Crosby was unstoppable. Every time he was on the ice he was creating goals, or scoring chances. Remember, it's not all about stats now.. right?

L3DZ3P

Aug 18, 2003
Trois-Rivières,Qc
Foppa_Rules said:
Actually, Ovechkin played with Pestunov and Shkotov. Ever heard of them? Didn't think so. Had they put Ovechin-Malkin-Semen on the same line you can bet Ovechkin would have gotten more. Ovechkin has proven himself leagues more than sidney has. Sidney plays against children while Ovechkin plays against men. Sidney plays in a high-scoring league while Ovechkin plays in a very low-scoring defensive league. Crosby has yet to prove himself. Ovechkin has to prove himself also but he is farther down that road that sidney is. I don't doubt that sidney has talent, but it takes more than that to be a great player. He has a lot of proving to do.
Ok we should give up on this guy there is nothing to do with him. :lol:

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Foppa_Rules said:

Actually lots of people have heard of Pestunov and Shkotov.

Shkotov is a dynamic opffensive player who is putting up just under 2 ppg in the QMJHL and Pestunov was a 2nd rd pick of Phoenix.

Ovechkin played with arguabley more skill than Crosby did.

Foppa_Rules

Nov 1, 2003
Earth...how about you?
Pestunov failed to pass the drug test. Everybody knows Pestunov and Shkotov stunk at the Juniors. Evrybody just says Crosby is the Next One without even saying why. People just except it as fact. Why should I believe this 16-year old kid has the character and skill, notice I put character first, to become the "Next One"?
Oh, and by the way, there is another "Nex One". This time the kid is 12 years old.

http://www.journalpioneer.com/MainPage.aspx?PageType=FullStory&PartialStory=No&StoryID=11513

TheZodiac

Oct 24, 2003
Mississauga
Visit site
Foppa_Rules said:
Pestunov failed to pass the drug test. Everybody knows Pestunov and Shkotov stunk at the Juniors. Evrybody just says Crosby is the Next One without even saying why. People just except it as fact. Why should I believe this 16-year old kid has the character and skill, notice I put character first, to become the "Next One"?
Oh, and by the way, there is another "Nex One". This time the kid is 12 years old.

[url="http://www.journalpioneer.com/MainPage.aspx?PageType=FullStory&PartialStory=No&StoryID=11513"]http://www.journalpioneer.com/MainPage.aspx?PageType=FullStory&PartialStory=No&StoryID=11513[/url]
Just pay a reporter to put your son in the paper like all these other people do and your son will be hyped into the NHL.

L3DZ3P

Aug 18, 2003
Trois-Rivières,Qc
Foppa_Rules said:

http://www.journalpioneer.com/MainPage.aspx?PageType=FullStory&PartialStory=No&StoryID=11513
Hey i saw him played !Yesterday rds (french tsn) showed the final game of the tournoi pee-wee de Québec.The kid is really good ,him and a Kid call Bernard really run the show for Moncton.

Beatnik

Sep 2, 2002
Québec
Visit site
TheZodiac said:
Just pay a reporter to put your son in the paper like all these other people do and your son will be hyped into the NHL.

Every years, some kids stand out at this tournament and very often they are the ones who are still dominating some years later. Patrice Bergeron played in the Québec pee-wee tounament in 1999, less than 5 years later he was in the NHL.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Foppa_Rules said:

Who cares if they stunk at the juniors, they are more talented than he 2 guys Sid was playing with.

Have you ever though that the top line on the Russian team sucked because Ovechkin had a bad Tournement??

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Foppa_Rules said:
The whole Russian team stunk with few exceptions. They were lazy and the team was poorly selected.

Agreed there.

Ovechkin being the player he is and is touted to be should have dominated in my opinion.

He is 23 months older than Crosby.

Foppa_Rules

Nov 1, 2003
Earth...how about you?
Ovechkin played as well as could be expected. Crosby didn't have the pressure of being hyped to be the best player in the tournament and Crosby was not expected to carry all the responsibility of being a Captain either. Ovechkin was expected to carry the whole team by himself. He couldn't carry a lazy unmotivated team with suspect defense and goaltending all by himself. Ovechkin and Malkin played well and Anshakov, but other than that, the whole team was lazy, undisciplined and unmotivated. At least we know Ovechkin worked his hardest. Even if things didn't always work out at least he worked his hardest. That conts for a lot.

L3DZ3P

Aug 18, 2003
Trois-Rivières,Qc
Foppa_Rules said:
Ovechkin played as well as could be expected. Crosby didn't have the pressure of being hyped to be the best player in the tournament and Crosby was not expected to carry all the responsibility of being a Captain either. Ovechkin was expected to carry the whole team by himself. He couldn't carry a lazy unmotivated team with suspect defense and goaltending all by himself. Ovechkin and Malkin played well and Anshakov, but other than that, the whole team was lazy, undisciplined and unmotivated. At least we know Ovechkin worked his hardest. Even if things didn't always work out at least he worked his hardest. That conts for a lot.
That just show that Ovechkin cant deal with the pressure! :joker:

PEli*

Foppa_Rules said:

You don't think there was much pressure on Crosby? I remember seeing a TON of time on TSN's pre, during a post game coverage dedicated to Crosby. The expectations of people on these boards alone should have been an indication of the pressure placed on him. Some people here had him on the first line and getting 18-22 minutes a game.

Crosby scored his goal and Atlantic Canada went ape****. And the expectations, which had diminished over the first couple of games were back again and Sidney was expected to score more and more as time passed.

Sure, Ovechkin shouldn't be counted on to carry a team like the team he was given this year but I wouldn't discredit Crosby because "there isn't as much pressure on him." There probably was.

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
Foppa_Rules said:

I don't want to dump on Ovechkin as at is very commendable playing in the RSL at 18. For all I know you're a "closet" Crosby fan that hates Ovechkin and comes onto the Crosby thread to trash Sid and pump Ovechkin then do a very poor job defending him...

Foppa_Rules

Nov 1, 2003
Earth...how about you?
Let's see Crosby handle that kind of pressure, and yes, I think Ovechkin handled it well. He worked his hardest. He didn't get concerned about what the media thought. Luck just wasn't on his side a lot of the time. Even so, he got 5 goals, seven points in 6 games. He did very well. What did Sidney do? Did he work his hardest every shift?

sonnytheman

Apr 9, 2002
Ithaca, Mtl
Visit site
Foppa_Rules said:
What did Sidney do? Did he work his hardest every shift?

what kind of a question is that? Are you asking if he floated around doing nothing, because if yes, then the answer is no, he never floated or took a shift off.

Btw, he got 6 points (i believe) playing on the 4th line, which is pretty impressive I'd say.

PEli*

Foppa_Rules said:
What did Sidney do? Did he work his hardest every shift?

I don't think anybody on Team Canada would have the guts to not work hard. They'd be villified by the media and fans in the country. The WJCs are more important than the WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS in Canada and I don't think a single player on the team didn't give it his all.

Why wouldn't any player not work hard at the WJCs? That's their shot at the big time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad