The Newer, Officialer Sidney Crosby Sporadic Post Thread! [ALL Crosby talk Goes Here]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cariboux

Sep 8, 2003
Rimouski
Visit site
Sidney Crosby

Please Put all Crosby Related Discussion in this New Sparkling New Improved Thread. The old one got too big so we've got #2. 11 Pages, here we come!

Thanks
Zoid
---------------

Thursday night, after the game against Halifax, I return to home and listen to the after game show on CJOI FM 102,9 and they interviewed Dany Roussin.

At the end of the interview he said : "I want to say something. I'm not sure that Sidney Crosby will want to come back next year if the referees continues to not protect him. We do our best to protect him but we always get suspended."

We know that Roussin is a buddy of Crosby, so maybe the #87 is tired of getting elbowing, cross-checking and have gloves in face.

I went to the game last night and he stays on the ice 2 times because of "hot-dog hits"

After the interview, the animator Michel Germain was not surprise of the situation and said "If he's not coming back next year, who is going to fill the Colisée Pepsi and the other arenas of the Q?"

I just wish that he will be back with us next year because it would be a big lost for the Q

P.S If you want to see him in action, he's playing Sunday February 15th on RDS/Sportsnet @ 3 PM

Last edited by a moderator:

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
He needs to get used to it, because it's not like it's going to stop once he gets to the NHL.

Cariboux

Sep 8, 2003
Rimouski
Visit site
there is no problem with legal hits and being watch very close by a checking line, but being hit after the plays, being it in the face with the elbow and other hits that can ruin his career, it's very bad

alecfromtherock

Feb 2, 2004
Sidney Crosby is what 5'10 185lbs, if he makes it to the NHL there are people much larger physically whom like to fight.

I am in agreement with Jacobv2, he needs to get used to the rough side of hockey if he plans to make it in the NHL.

And where would Crosby play if not in the QMJHL?

There is an obligation to play for the team that drafted you to the end.

Perhaps other players think him of as a Hot Dog, even if it is not true its hard to change someone’s mind once it is set.

My advise for Crosby is to either fight back or just score more goals against them.

Sweeney

Nov 29, 2003
Rimouski
Visit site
i went to the game last night... stick in the face, cross-check, they had done anything against him and the moose and no pens... then lemaire and stewart had a 10 and a match cuz they wantez to protect sidney...

and im not talkin about the 2 goals that we're refused... and the standing ovation that we give to the referee after some stupid decision on his own... worst game made by a referee yesterday...

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
Jacobv2 said:
He needs to get used to it, because it's not like it's going to stop once he gets to the NHL.

Can you reccommend anything in particular; Maybe some exercises you've come up with that would, say, enable him to better take blows to the head without getting a concussion?

Cariboux

Sep 8, 2003
Rimouski
Visit site
It's very hard to understand for those who are not seeing him play very often. When this guy will have a serious injury, it will be too late to say "oops, we should have done something before".

The hockey is trying to find a way to score more goals : just let the talented players play. Cover him like you want, but sticks and gloves in the face, cross-checks, etc are not what is going to rescue the game...

thedjpd

Sponsor
Dec 12, 2002
San Jose, CA
Crosbyfan said:
Can you reccommend anything in particular; Maybe some exercises you've come up with that would, say, enable him to better take blows to the head without getting a concussion?

Or perhaps people should just layoff and not give him any trouble since he's Sidney Crosby. That's hockey alright. :shakehead

When you're skilled, people are going to go after you. He's going to have to deal with it.

Cariboux

Sep 8, 2003
Rimouski
Visit site
thedjpd said:
Or perhaps people should just layoff and not give him any trouble since he's Sidney Crosby. That's hockey alright. :shakehead

When you're skilled, people are going to go after you. He's going to have to deal with it.

Yeah, take him out with a dirty hit...

AJ1982

Feb 27, 2002
New York
Visit site
Let's face it, nobody ever touched Gretzky. Crosby can't expect that sort of golden boy treatment but players ought to not take excessive cheap shots against him. The refs should protect him more than they have been, cross checks and cheap shots should not be routine. Crosby is not the sort of player who can beat the crap out of people who do this to him, a la Lindros when he was in junior, the refs have to protect the skill guys or allow his teammates some leeway to protect him.

Cariboux

Sep 8, 2003
Rimouski
Visit site
AJ1982 said:
Let's face it, nobody ever touched Gretzky. Crosby can't expect that sort of golden boy treatment but players ought to not take excessive cheap shots against him. The refs should protect him more than they have been, cross checks and cheap shots should not be routine. Crosby is not the sort of player who can beat the crap out of people who do this to him, a la Lindros when he was in junior, the refs have to protect the skill guys or allow his teammates some leeway to protect him.

You're right

Other rumours said that Rimouski's GM, Doris Labonté, plans to scratch Crosby for the games @ Lewiston and Drummondville to show the league how big is the problem. Crosby's agent also threaten that Crosby could play in an elite league in Europe next year

Hydroponic Harold

No one ever touched Gretzky ..Hah..i saw a game between the Soo and Ottawa 67s when Wayne and Bobby Smith were gunning for the OHL scoring title ..the 67s were all over Wayner , it was brutal ..he never whined , his coach never whined ..no all he did was score about 5 points that night , thats how great players handle it , but then again todays players are a bunch of over priced primma donnas .If your SO great Sydney ..then prove it and tell your coach and team to SHUT UP!!!!!!

PLUS all the above players i mentioned in the previous post played in eras when brawls were common and goon hockey was much more accepted than todays pu$$y hockey .Lafleur would often drop the gloves as did Mario in the old Q .Orr fought all through junior and the NHL .

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
Crosby is probably good enough to get decent ice time in Europe or the WHA next year, and those leagues could be pretty strong with an influx of NHLers looking to stay in shape. North American NHL guys on European teams could also make the transition easier for him if he decides to consider that route.

AJ1982

Feb 27, 2002
New York
Visit site
Hydroponic Harold said:
No one ever touched Gretzky ..Hah..i saw a game between the Soo and Ottawa 67s when Wayne and Bobby Smith were gunning for the OHL scoring title ..the 67s were all over Wayner , it was brutal ..he never whined , his coach never whined ..no all he did was score about 5 points that night , thats how great players handle it , but then again todays players are a bunch of over priced primma donnas .If your SO great Sydney ..then prove it and tell your coach and team to SHUT UP!!!!!!

PLUS all the above players i mentioned in the previous post played in eras when brawls were common and goon hockey was much more accepted than todays pu$$y hockey .Lafleur would often drop the gloves as did Mario in the old Q .Orr fought all through junior and the NHL .

Wayne was the golden boy of hockey, he was rarely cheap shotted, that's just a fact. In past eras brawls may have been more common but there were far less players 6'3 and taller, the strength of the players was not as great (conditioning has made huge strides), the speed of the game was slower... everything was different.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Ok they interviewed Roussin 30 mins after the game in which Crosby's team lost 4-3 to the 3rd worst team in the leaguye and had 2 goals disallowed, maybe Roussin was justs pouting off at the refs.

Hydroponic Harold

Yep Dave Schultz , Hound Dog Kelly,Spinner Spencer ,Stan Jonathan ,Tiger Williams ,and the entire New West Goonster Bruins couldnt do MUCH damage because well they werent 6-3 ..i told you i SAW in person Wayne being gooned in junior ....and yes he was protected by Marty in the NHL ..but this thread isnt about the NHL . Ime sure Sydney will be protected when he gets to the NHL .The POINT i am making is ...the other past super stars never whined and cried about how they were treated in junior ...maybe because it was a different era where players had to have some kahonnes to play the game .In todays pacifist hockey ..no hitting in minor hockey , Daddys sueing because Johnny got cut from the team .... maybe too much gets made because the NEW GOlden boy is getting a little rough treatment ..which by the way Don Cherry predicted, with his hotdog tactics .I will be watching Feb 15 ..to see what all the fuss is about ..i cant wait .

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
AJ1982 said:
But a high stick shouldn't be called just because it was against Crosby. It should be called because it's a high stick. My opinion - there should be no preferential treatment. Crosby shouldn't be "protected" by the refs more than any other player. It should all be equal. That's the way it is in my fantasy world, anyway.

Sam I Am

Jul 23, 2003
Visit site
Sidney Crosby

Please Put all Crosby Related Discussion in this New Sparkling New Improved Thread. The old one got too big so we've got #2. 11 Pages, here we come!

Thanks
Zoid
------

Anybody out there know where I can download Crosby's lacrosse-style goal...you know, the one Don Cherry was going on about?

Last edited by a moderator:

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
Seachd said:
But a high stick shouldn't be called just because it was against Crosby. It should be called because it's a high stick. My opinion - there should be no preferential treatment. Crosby shouldn't be "protected" by the refs more than any other player. It should all be equal. That's the way it is in my fantasy world, anyway.

Exactly, they should "protect" all the players, which of course they don't and that leaves the bulk of the cheap shots directed at the skill players where it will do the most good/harm, which then requires enforcers and if my enforcers are tougher than yours then my team can wear down or injure your best players more than your team can attack my best players so that gives me the advantage even though you have better players so I clutch and grab and high stick my way to another ugly win and there better have been a few good fights to watch or the fans would have no entertainment at all.

Dutchy

Aug 16, 2003
Montréal, Québec, Ca
I don't know if it's just me, but I've never actually heard Crosby complain about this "situation".

His GM, coach, teammates have all stood up for him, but as far as I'm concerned I couldn't call him a whinner since I haven't heard him once say a bad thing against the Q.

Hydroponic Harold

Dutchy said:
I don't know if it's just me, but I've never actually heard Crosby complain about this "situation".

His GM, coach, teammates have all stood up for him, but as far as I'm concerned I couldn't call him a whinner since I haven't heard him once say a bad thing against the Q.

Good point ....i cant wait to see him play Feb.15 .Thank god for BEV. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce