The Newer, Officialer Sidney Crosby Sporadic Post Thread! [ALL Crosby talk Goes Here]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
CrosbyIsGod said:
1 g and an assist for Sid now at 124

Too bad about Pouiot, whenever he starts playing well he gets injured (hand this time? slash?) Rimouski needs two offensive lines/threats and a more solid play from a third and D if they're going to go anywhere. The Crosby/Roussin line has been the only consistent line both ways. Any chance Rimouski can turn it around?

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
2 assists in the first ten minutes against Lewiston. I think that puts him ahead of the "16" year old points record set by 17 year old Normand Dupont! :handclap:

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
assists record next

Crosbyfan said:
2 assists in the first ten minutes against Lewiston. I think that puts him ahead of the "16" year old points record set by 17 year old Normand Dupont! :handclap:

He is now 2 assists away from Denis Savards record of 79 as a 16 year old. More
importantly a much needed win for the Oceanic against a team that has caused
them trouble.

alecfromtherock

Feb 2, 2004
Quote:

Now, on ice problems will have to be discuss with Sid and his agent.

Agents are at the bottom of the hockey totem pole, and do not hold much water at the administrative or executive level of the QMJHL.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
alecfromtherock said:
Quote:

Now, on ice problems will have to be discuss with Sid and his agent.

Agents are at the bottom of the hockey totem pole, and do not hold much water at the administrative or executive level of the QMJHL.

forgive me for asking, but where do his point totals rank in regards to Dionne, Lemieux, and Gretzky?

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
EroCaps said:
forgive me for asking, but where do his point totals rank in regards to Dionne, Lemieux, and Gretzky?

Crosby 57 52 77 129
Savard 72 37 79 116
Lemieux 64 30 66 96

Gretzky only played 3 games and got 3 assists as a 16 year old. In his 17 year old season he put up: 64 70 112 182

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
Don_Cherry said:
Crosby 57 52 77 129
Savard 72 37 79 116
Lemieux 64 30 66 96

Gretzky only played 3 games and got 3 assists as a 16 year old. In his 17 year old season he put up: 64 70 112 182

Crosby and Lemieux are the only 16 year olds finishing their "16 year old season" if you take January 1 as the "cut off". On this basis Gretzky was 64 70 112 182 in his 16 year old season although more than half a year older than Crosby and Lemieux.

KariyaIsGod*

Foppa_Rules said:
It's really quite shocking how much you guys obsess over Crosby.....quite shocking....

What? He just broke the point record for 16 year olds in his junior league. That should warrant at least a few posts.

I also think that specualtion is a perfectly good disussion format, and don't see the problem with looking at his totals vs. Lemieux's.

If Ovechkin broke the Superleague point record, there'd be just as many posts, probably more from kids like you.

If you feel that people obsess too much though, don't post in this thread, in fact don't even visit it, and it won't bother you.

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
Foppa_Rules said:
It's really quite shocking how much you guys obsess over Crosby.....quite shocking....

I have to apologise for my part in this; I really didn't intend to shock anyone. I didn't mean you any harm. I am not a mean spirited person ...please forgive me...

Foppa_Rules

Nov 1, 2003
Earth...how about you?
I forgive you...whatever. All you guys are so obsessed. Crosby is like your king or your god or something. He's untouchable. I can't believe his team actually sat him because they were afraid he would be harmed on the ice. "He's our bread and butter" they say...yeesh. Poor Crosby. You guys are obsessing over a kid. There is no way this hype doesn't get to his head. No way.

KariyaIsGod*

Foppa_Rules said:
I forgive you...whatever. All you guys are so obsessed. Crosby is like your king or your god or something. He's untouchable. I can't believe his team actually sat him because they were afraid he would be harmed on the ice. "He's our bread and butter" they say...yeesh. Poor Crosby. You guys are obsessing over a kid. There is no way this hype doesn't get to his head. No way.

Of course. Your right. Hell, the hype certainly went to Mario's head...

Your just annoyed that there is a better prospect out ther than Ovechkin.

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
Foppa_Rules said:

His team didn't sit him. You don't know much about him do you?

I don't understand why you are taking issue with this. This is Hockey's Future message boards, where people talk often about prospects. One of the most promising prospects in decades is going to get talked about.

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
big win

CrosbyIsGod said:
2 Assist For Crosby in a 4-3 win against C-B... 79 assists and is now tie for the most assist by a 16 years old player

Besides personal records Sidney is leading his team [1st star] towards a divisional title and a bye in the playoffs .The Oceanic had 50 shots on net. I'll bet it was
quite a game. Did anyone see it?

Sweeney

Nov 29, 2003
Rimouski
Visit site
I've seen it... it was the best game of the season for the Oceanic, 4 goals against M-A Fleury and by the way recorded is first lost since he is back in the Q. They only give up 2 shots in the 3rd period. It was just crazy

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
CrosbyIsGod said:
I've seen it... it was the best game of the season for the Oceanic, 4 goals against M-A Fleury and by the way recorded is first lost since he is back in the Q. They only give up 2 shots in the 3rd period. It was just crazy

Any signs of consistent team D developing or did Cape Breton just play poorly?

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
Bure9 said:
That's certainly arguable.

You may have an argument that Ovechkin is a better player or more ready for the NHL but at almost 2 years older you would have a much weaker argument that he's a better prospect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad