Confirmed with Link: The new coach of the Philadelphia Flyers is John Tortorella

Status
Not open for further replies.

bauer

I MISS GHOST
Nov 11, 2007
there's no way they go the Hakstol route again and hire a coach with no NHL experience. that failed. i also don't think they go old school and hire someone like Torts as that failed too with AV. Montgomery is somewhere right in the middle and seems to be the best choice. a competent, experienced coach who is well liked and has a decent enough track record.

much rather him than Torts or Maurice. Tort's schtick would get old real fast and Maurice is terrible.

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
Montgomery played for the Flyers before. Honestly though, of those that have been a head coach in the NHL already, he might be the most likely candidate.

This will sound highly cynical, but Holmgren is still in a position of influence and has a soft spot for recovering alcoholics due to his own life experience.

Put all those factors together and Montgomery is probably neck-and-neck with Tocchet.

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
This will sound highly cynical, but Holmgren is still in a position of influence and has a soft spot for recovering alcoholics due to his own life experience.

Put all those factors together and Montgomery is probably neck-and-neck with Tocchet.
Holmgren is recovered from his alcoholism? Could have fooled me. Him and Clarke have been functioning as dry drunks if you ask me...

snoop88

Apr 15, 2012
I can't believe Holmgren is still in this organization sometimes.

why do none of these "advisors" or life long Flyers ever want to move anywhere or be part of literally any other organization? The Jersey Shore ain't that nice.

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
Benoit Groulx, but I don't want him as a Fetcher hire as it would be a waste. Fire Fletcher first, and let the new GM hire him

Reactions: Hanover Fist

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
1651106404693.jpeg

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I’d like to see @Capn Dave Poulin take it…. just so he can scratch Hayes for the next 5 years.

I'm not kidding you, even with the absolute zero of hockey knowledge I have, I could turn this team around in two offseasons. I'd have to be the GM, not the coach. I think if I were the coach and had to deal with the slobber and wet dog stench of having that f***er around for five more years, I'd really lose my shit badly.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
The only problem with Montgomery is that he’ll be under the microscope at all times, & there will be people with cell phones recording everywhere if he slips up in his recovery.

Then you’ve got a huge media story & distraction on your hands, which is about the last thing the Flyers need, but seems almost inevitable with the dark cloud that’s been following them.

3mFlyers

Nov 24, 2021
The only problem with Montgomery is that he’ll be under the microscope at all times, & there will be people with cell phones recording everywhere if he slips up in his recovery.

Then you’ve got a huge media story & distraction on your hands, which is about the last thing the Flyers need, but seems almost inevitable with the dark cloud that’s been following them.
Are you saying that he’s going to goofy on us ?

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com

IDK. Holmgren managed to work pass media scrutiny pretty well. He took care of himself and was fine. If anything, the media gave him space. However today might be different times

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad