OT: The Movie/TV/Streaming Thread

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
Masters of the Air has been mediocre but watchable. I can't see it getting any better in subsequent seasons though since this first season has been tepid...

Watched the first episode and couldn't get into it, gonna try again whena ll episodes are out.

Reactions: BigToe and Embiid

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Poor Things was a very good film..better than the overhyped Oppenheimer IMO. Emma Stone deserved her Oscar. Kudos to her.

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
looks like it could be an ok Action flick...not so sure about it being a Crow flick though

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
Pluto tv a free service, no account setup required.

Has some great films

The Quick and The Dead

Gene Hackman, Sharon Stone , Russell Crowe, Gary Sinese, Robert Blossoms Leonardo DiCaprio Just an insane cast

Major League back to the minors

And more

Never heard of them but google tv suggested it

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
Pet peeve of mine is English guys playing American WW2 roles.
better than a German or Italian :cool:

Just stop...

I looked and apparently it's a fake trailor using bits of Expendables (I recognized that massively crappy cargo tanker from the last turdfest one) and some of the other Rambo movies, plus AI.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP

I looked and apparently it's a fake trailor using bits of Expendables (I recognized that massively crappy cargo tanker from the last turdfest one) and some of the other Rambo movies, plus AI.

The cigar is completely out of place for Rambo, and completely normal for the Expendables.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013

Where’s Bernthal come into play

Shogun is really damn good.
I have an obscure need to see the main character and the Portuguese pilot play McCloud and Rameriz in a Highlander remake.
Masters of the air is just there. Main character in that needs to have at least one scene where his mouth is closed.

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
yes yes, i know...but..finally watched Mad Max Fury Road...enjoyed it but there were some weird things I thought

DayoftheGreek

Dec 10, 2008
Nux has two tumors with names and they both have faces tattood on them. The elaphantitis guy (who I now know is named the people eater) has holes ripped in is shirt so you can see his nipple piercings and the chain between them.

10/10 movie and I rewatch it every so often.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes

@Magua he’s gonna be a New Yorker with a southern Elvis voice.

no-thanks.gif

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
Yeah the weird shit in Fury Road is what makes it so awesome. There's a f***er in a red onesie playing a flame-throwing guitar while dangling from the front of a monster truck like a marionette. The war boys huff silver spray paint. It's outrageous in the best way lol.
The whole idea of using prisoners for blood transfusions is nutty enough as is, then Nux decides to strap Max to the front of his car (and all the cars are f***ing wild too) like a ship's figurehead while they ride off into battle is just perfection.

And the crow-dudes in the swampy area they pass at night. It's like a four second shot, they're weird and creepy, and the movie only mentions them once again and does not elaborate on what the f*** was going on here.

1711594769498.png

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
As expected, Dune Part Two is a god damn masterpiece
Usually I don't watch a movie twice in the movie theater, but this one I had to watch a second time.

Never read the books and never really cared about the source material, and never liked the David Lynch version. But for me Denis Villeneuve is the greatest filmmaker of his generation, so I knew this trilogy (I suppose) would be great.
One great movie after another from him. Truly impressive.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad