OT: The Movie/TV/Streaming Thread

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
Emmit Otter's Jugband Christmas
A Charlie Brown Christmas
Blackadder's Christmas Carol
Whoops and All Mod Conned (Last of the Summer Wine specials)
Still Open All Hours Christmas specials are also really good

• Wow
Reactions: CanadianFlyer88

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
The old thread's creator changes usernames and avatars more often than anyone I have ever seen.

The new thread will bring some stability to both. :laugh:

Soooo... in the spirit of the season, what's your favourite Christmas movie/show? Gotta be the Star Wars Christmas Special, right? :naughty:

1 - Christmas Vacation
2 - A Christmas Story
3 - Its A Wonderful Life

The rest

Die Hard
Home Alone 1 & 2
Rudolph
Muppet Christmas Carol
Elf
White Christmas
Charlie Brown Christmas
Arthur Christmas
Jingle All the Way
Polar Express

I watch every one of these every Christmas season. There are others I rotate in every few years like Gremlins, Scrooged, Ernest Saves Christmas, and more.

8-Bit Christmas, which came out last year, is quickly moving onto my favorites list.

Last edited:

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
CTRL +F “Blart”

Phew.

I’m cheating and saying the episode of The Twilight Zone where Art Carney is a drunk department store Santa.
imma have to look out for this one

i used to be big into making sure i watched It's a Wonderful Life every year..but i think i made myself sick of it

Kermit the Prog

Threadkiller
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
Greenville, DE
The old thread's creator changes usernames and avatars more often than anyone I have ever seen.

The new thread will bring some stability to both. :laugh:

Soooo... in the spirit of the season, what's your favourite Christmas movie/show? Gotta be the Star Wars Christmas Special, right? :naughty:

Happy Life Day!

Santa Claus Conquers the Martians (with a very young Pia Zadora). Only digestible when viewed through the MST3K lens.

Chicken N Raffls

Here for the chaos and lolz
Nov 7, 2022
Douglassville
So I just saw a trailer for some new thing coming out staring Jesse Eisenberg and Adrian Brody. I missed the name....Manotwer? Is this Fight Club 2.0?

@Magua I hear you're a guy that likes movies films.

• Wow
Reactions: Magua

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
@BiggE @JojoTheWhale @LegionOfDoom91

Check this out.

"The Iron Claw

The Iron Claw stars Zac Efron, Jeremy Allen White (The Bear) and Harris Dickinson (Triangle of Sadness) – not that you'd necessarily recognise any of them. The normally skinny actors have piled on absurd amounts of muscle to play three members of the Von Erich wrestling family. The Texan brothers were stars in the 1980s, but this biopic, written and directed by Sean Durkin (Martha Marcy May Marlene), explores why the Von Erichs were never far from tragedy, even when they were pummelling opponents in the ring. "The Iron Claw is an absolute knockout," says Scott Menzel. "A heartbreaking tale of toxic masculinity and mental health. Zac Efron delivers a transformative performance that is easily his best work as an actor. It's gripping, deeply emotional, and powerful." Lily James co-stars as the wife of Efron's character, Kevin Von Erich.

Released on 22 December in the US and Canada"

BBC

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
@BiggE @JojoTheWhale @LegionOfDoom91

Check this out.

"The Iron Claw

The Iron Claw stars Zac Efron, Jeremy Allen White (The Bear) and Harris Dickinson (Triangle of Sadness) – not that you'd necessarily recognise any of them. The normally skinny actors have piled on absurd amounts of muscle to play three members of the Von Erich wrestling family. The Texan brothers were stars in the 1980s, but this biopic, written and directed by Sean Durkin (Martha Marcy May Marlene), explores why the Von Erichs were never far from tragedy, even when they were pummelling opponents in the ring. "The Iron Claw is an absolute knockout," says Scott Menzel. "A heartbreaking tale of toxic masculinity and mental health. Zac Efron delivers a transformative performance that is easily his best work as an actor. It's gripping, deeply emotional, and powerful." Lily James co-stars as the wife of Efron's character, Kevin Von Erich.

Released on 22 December in the US and Canada"

BBC
Yup, plan on checking this out.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: