OT: The Movie Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
You mean Chris Morgan, who wrote 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8, and is writing 10 and 10 part 2?
Yeah, he managed to hold on and ride the coattails of the original to finish off that storyline. Then the second they had to create something new after the 5th one wrapped everything up, it became Mission Impossible in cars.

You’ll notice 4 and 5 are the weakest of the canon movies in the ranking.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Yeah, he managed to hold on and ride the coattails of the original to finish off that storyline. Then the second they had to create something new after the 5th one wrapped everything up, it became Mission Impossible in cars.

You’ll notice 4 and 5 are the weakest of the canon movies in the ranking.

This sounds like someone explaining how the terrible Flyers team Briere will ice in 2028 is actually the fault of Hextall

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
This sounds like someone explaining how the terrible Flyers team Briere will ice in 2028 is actually the fault of Hextall
It's the opposite. Started great, got worse as time went on, then completely fell off a cliff at one point and became unwatchable shit. That's on the guys who came later, not the one at the start.

Reactions: BernieParent

The Rage Kage

Apr 21, 2014
Not being able to go to the movies has been such a loss from the pandemic. Saw 10 movies in theatres in 2019 but have only seen 2 since. Even at a home theatre its just not the same.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Just finished Spielberg's West Side Story. Not my favorite musical but he did a good job adapting the source material. He is still a master of his craft. Cast was the weakest part of it for me.

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
@Appleyard your recent return and this thread reminded me that I watched the Going Postal mini-series a month or two back. It was quite good, although it didn't quite hit the high notes that Hogfather did.

That being said, this scene may have awakened something inside of me that I didn't know existed.

Reactions: Appleyard

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Just finished Spielberg's West Side Story. Not my favorite musical but he did a good job adapting the source material. He is still a master of his craft. Cast was the weakest part of it for me.

My problem is the "why" factor. Why did a director of his stature do this? Why is this necessary? I don't normally ask if a film is necessary, but a remake usually begs that question. It's not like he's surpassed the original.

If Spielberg is planning a massive career shift to start doing musicals then that would be interesting, but hopefully it would be original content going forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad