OT: The Movie Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
I just watched Cars again for the billionth time last night..why..cause i like it lol

Onward was good..scratched a sort of weird D&D itch with it

Reactions: Rebels57

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
Coco is one of the best IMO. Great story, great songs (albeit not the same kind of songs you think of in a Disney movie), just all around good. Onward I also really liked. I have not seen Raya yet but I have heard good things.
Coco is a damn good movie. I’ve lost count of the times I’ve seen it with the kids. That music slaps, as the kids used to say. It’s lit. Fire. The jawn.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Raya was the best of the bunch last year for me. Not only story wise, but art, direction, etc.
I'll get around to it eventually. My son is in the "let's watch the same three movies over and over again" stage so it can be difficult to throw something new in there. Right now it is the Sandlot, Encanto, and Moana. Can't really complain at the moment. For a while it was Cars 1-3 which are all good flicks in their own right, but not over and over again for what felt like an eternity.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
I know Pete Davidson is a love him or hate him kind of guy, but both movies he was in recently are pretty good. Big Time Adolescence and the King of Staten Island. Both are like dark comedy drama type movies if you are in to those kind of flicks.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I still cannot believe what I witnessed last night at the Oscars.

This man walked on stage, slapped another man in the face HARD, went back to his seat and cursed him out repeatedly, and the show just went on like normal. They even cut to him laughing and smiling later in the show a few times. Then he got a standing ovation when he won his Oscar and proceeded to blame Love and the Devil for his actions. I am f***ing flabbergasted lol

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
I still cannot believe what I witnessed last night at the Oscars.

This man walked on stage, slapped another man in the face HARD, went back to his seat and cursed him out repeatedly, and the show just went on like normal. They even cut to him laughing and smiling later in the show a few times. Then he got a standing ovation when he won his Oscar and proceeded to blame Love and the Devil for his actions. I am f***ing flabbergasted lol
Spoiler for profanity.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Child 44 is really good. Excellent bleakness. Does commit the obnoxious error of having everyone speak in goofy Russian accents because it's in Russia.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Fast and Furious Power Ranking

The Fast and The Furious (2001)
Fast and Furious: Tokyo Drift (2006)
2 Fast 2 Furious (2003)
Fast and Furious (2009)
Fast Five (2011)

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Fast and Furious Power Ranking

The Fast and The Furious (2001)
Fast and Furious: Tokyo Drift (2006)
2 Fast 2 Furious (2003)
Fast and Furious (2009)
Fast Five (2011)

I am positive I have seen every one of those and they're all totally indistinguishable from each other. I remember that one of them was pretty different because it was in Japan, and another stood out because of a 57 mile long runway. Otherwise they're less unique than a bag of Taco Bell burritos.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I am positive I have seen every one of those and they're all totally indistinguishable from each other. I remember that one of them was pretty different because it was in Japan, and another stood out because of a 57 mile long runway. Otherwise they're less unique than a bag of Taco Bell burritos.
I’m gonna go out on a limb and assume that Tokyo Drift is the Japan one.

Reactions: Lord Defect
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad