The Metro Race to the Finish

Status
Not open for further replies.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Here's to hoping the Avs pull a miracle on ice and do what we had thought the Wild could do...

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
I just want some MFing banners in the rafters. I've been telling my friends when we go to games that our rafters are entirely too empty and those filler banners need to be replaced.

CarolinaBlueJacket

Mar 3, 2011
North Carolina
Realistically we aren't winning the presidents trophy but we very well could get home ice against Pitt

Not true at all. 3 points behind the Caps with one head to head left. Win that and the boys are 1 point behind the Caps. Win one more game than the Caps down the stretch and Prez is a mathematical certainty.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
Not true at all. 3 points behind the Caps with one head to head left. Win that and the boys are 1 point behind the Caps. Win one more game than the Caps down the stretch and Prez is a mathematical certainty.

Pssst....look at the remaining schedules. We have 3 games against the top 4 teams in the league and @ Carolina who is tough at home and battling for the playoffs. We also have two sets of away/away back-to-backs (thanks, NHL) to finish off the schedule. The Caps are playing the Avalanche and Coyotes their next two games.

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
Having home ice on the Pens would be big, because the Pens are pretty average on the road. They are 17-13-7 this season. Much more mortal on the road.

This prompted me to go check out our season splits at home vs on the road...

28-10-1 at NWA, 21-9-6 on the road :amazed: :naughty:

Now that's some great consistency. Honestly I'm not too worried about playing Pittsburgh in the first round, I think it'll be a great series - and a very winnable one, too. They're great at home (29-5-4), but if we can steal a game on the road, we'll be in great shape!

I just want to avoid playing the Caps at ALL costs in the first round.

Nanabijou

Booooooooooone
Dec 22, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
This prompted me to go check out our season splits at home vs on the road...

28-10-1 at NWA, 21-9-6 on the road :amazed: :naughty:

Now that's some great consistency. Honestly I'm not too worried about playing Pittsburgh in the first round, I think it'll be a great series - and a very winnable one, too. They're great at home (29-5-4), but if we can steal a game on the road, we'll be in great shape!

I just want to avoid playing the Caps at ALL costs in the first round.

This year will be a franchise record for home wins (and points); it was 25-13-3 in 2008-09.

I believe the record for road wins and points was in 2014-15: 23-15-3 = 49 points

The Jackets would have to win 3 of the 5 remaining road games to also get their franchise road win record.

CarolinaBlueJacket

Mar 3, 2011
North Carolina
Pssst....look at the remaining schedules. We have 3 games against the top 4 teams in the league and @ Carolina who is tough at home and battling for the playoffs. We also have two sets of away/away back-to-backs (thanks, NHL) to finish off the schedule. The Caps are playing the Avalanche and Coyotes their next two games.

Didn't say it would be easy, but that the opportunity is there. If they beat the Caps, then they are only 1 point behind. The Caps still have to play TML, Bruins and Rangers. They could easily drop 2 or all 3 of those. Hell they could lose tonight. You never know in this league.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Wonderful watching the Pens get their a** handed to them tonight. 4-0 already! For tonight, go Hawks!

Bobcat110

Feb 11, 2004
Central Ohio
Hawks skating circles around Pens....already 4-0 and it could be worse.

If Pens lose, they may be better off resting their players up some for last few games.

CBJ may actually have home ice for any series not involving the Caps (and they still have an outside chance at overtaking them).

Last edited:

EdwardG

Let's Dance!
Mar 17, 2009
Columbus
I think it's going to be difficult to get the 1 seed. Frankly if the TBL gets in hot and with Stamkos back that's not much of a prize. The CBJ always struggle with Boston, although maybe that was Julien. Now, an equally inexperienced Toronto squad, esp. with Mac in goal, is another story...

I think the team is kind of bored with the regular season, they are just getting ahead, and letting Bob bring them home. Hopefully they will get it cranked up for the playoffs. As we saw after the streak, this is a team that is unused to how to deal with winning. Most of these guys have never been in this situation. Given that, I'm not upset with what I've seen the last few games. They were losing these types of games back in January.

Kev22

Feb 19, 2003
Plain City, OH
Visit site
Update...

The Caps beat the Avalanche 5-3 for their sixth straight win. I don't think we're catching them.
The Hawks drown the Pens 5-1. The Blue Jackets now are two points up with a game in hand and hold the tiebreakers.

Capitals 110
Blue Jackets 105
Penguins 103
Rangers 97

Bobcat110

Feb 11, 2004
Central Ohio
Maybe the Jackets are right where we want them to be?

Yep. Pens dropping 4 straight, 6 of last 9, and their last 2 home games by a combined score of 11-3 look like as good of a first round option as any.

They may get a few players back, but I can't imagine they're anywhere close to 100% in just two weeks. They'll still be tough series though if they can get at least Malkin and a couple other starters back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad