The Metro Race to the Finish

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
Remember when we used to go on runs at the end of seasons and other fans would say "you're only winning because teams are either out of it or they're resting up for the playoffs"?

I always thought that was overblown, but there's truth in it. I think our guys have played differently since clinching the playoff spot and I'm not worried about whether they'll be ready when the games get serious. Our record in "playoff type" games speaks for itself. When this team is emotionally up for a game they are hard to beat.

BhZTid7CcAARASh.jpg:large

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
I agree that the intensity will be back. Not worried about that.

But will the offense start clicking?

Last night was a good illustration of the intensity level being up....but, not being able to cash in around the net.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Last night was a good illustration of the intensity level being up....but, not being able to cash in around the net.

Prior to last night I wouldn't say the problem was "not cashing in around the net". They weren't even getting the looks. So I'll take it as a step forward.

Kev22

Feb 19, 2003
Plain City, OH
Visit site
Update from last night...

The Jackets match the Hawks effort last night, just couldn't get a bounce and continue their scoring woes and fall 3-1

The Capitals fall asleep at the wheel and get wrecked by the Coyotes 6-3. I'm sure the Jackets will have their full attention Sunday.

The Pens refuse to go away despite allowing the Rangers to tie the game late in regulation. OT was fruitless and Sid paces the Pens to the win in a SO 4-3.

Capitals 110
Blue Jackets 106
Penguins 105
Rangers 98

Kev22

Feb 19, 2003
Plain City, OH
Visit site
Update..

Caps beat Jackets, Werenski hurt, Jackets still struggling to score, not looking good.
Pens beat Canes, leapfrog Jackets into second.
Rangers beat Flyers to get to century mark.

Capitals 112
Penguins 107
Blue Jackets 106
Rangers 100

The Jones Zone

Nov 27, 2013
Raleigh, NC
I read the Jets have a goalie making his first ever NHL start

May be the chance to actually score more than 1.2 goals tomorrow night and gain some confidence

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Do the Jackets not have a healthy 7th D-man with the team? Are they going to call someone up? If so, who?

EdwardG

Let's Dance!
Mar 17, 2009
Columbus
Well it looks like the Jackets cannot lose their seeding, not that Rangers would want it anyway. Wonder if they play these remaining games or just go through the motions. I dio think they'll pick it up in the playoffs, just hope the forwards stop playing like garbage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad