The LWMD 2: POST-DRAFT AWARDS ARE UP (FLYERS ARE YOUR CHAMPIONS!)

E D

Winger Super Squad
Feb 13, 2012
Canadia
Looks like the current series is pretty much a given, so when I get home from work late tonight I will make the western conference Finals matchup

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
LOL so many people are saying that the two teams suck. I wonder what they expected out of a 30 team draft. And what does that say about the teams that didn't make it to this point..

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
LOL so many people are saying that the two teams suck. I wonder what they expected out of a 30 team draft. And what does that say about the teams that didn't make it to this point..

In reality.. you wouldn't expect teams with that much youth to get that far.

The Blues have KC-FC as a 3rd pairing? On conference finalist team? You never would see that.

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
In reality.. you wouldn't expect teams with that much youth to get that far.

The Blues have KC-FC as a 3rd pairing? On conference finalist team? You never would see that.

I mean yeah but you gotta fit under the cap somehow. Oh well whoever wins probably gonna lose to Philly if the trend thay these two team suck continue. Lol

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
I respect people's opinions but Tryamkins post lol. "Better goaltending" you mean the guy who posted 3.17 gaa in the playoffs and a .908 svp this year. Talbot has a career save pt of .930. Sure yeah he played as a back up but he went 21-9 and almost played half the season. .917 svp on that edmonton team with negstive defencr is very respectable. If anything its a wash.Also forwards are not even if you do 4 lines. You can show me how it's even though.

It's a close series.

NeoCanuck

Jay Beagle? In THIS economy?
Jan 17, 2005
North Vancouver B.C.
I respect people's opinions but Tryamkins post lol. "Better goaltending" you mean the guy who posted 3.17 gaa in the playoffs and a .908 svp this year. Talbot has a career save pt of .930. Sure yeah he played as a back up but he went 21-9 and almost played half the season. .917 svp on that edmonton team with negstive defencr is very respectable. If anything its a wash.Also forwards are not even if you do 4 lines. You can show me how it's even though.

It's a close series.

I take Bobrovsky over Talbot.

Just depends on Bob's health really.

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
Anyways. Gl to K2B here. I'm happy I was able to make it this way with making 0 trades and straight drafting. Hopefully the finals is close.

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada

It's a close series.

I'm sorry but look at Cbus' defense this year.. It was among the worst in the league. Bob had an injury plagued season. Talbot is a mediocre goalie at best.

You're right. Bobrovsky was awful in Columbus' deep playoff run this year :sarcasm::shakehead

Bob is the better goalie, by far. His cap hit plagues people's minds.

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
I'm sorry but look at Cbus' defense this year.. It was among the worst in the league. Bob had an injury plagued season. Talbot is a mediocre goalie at best.

You're right. Bobrovsky was awful in Columbus' deep playoff run this year :sarcasm::shakehead

Bob is the better goalie, by far. His cap hit plagues people's minds.

I'm sorry but do you know edmonton defence? It was a mix of

Sekera

Brad hunt. Griffin Reinhart. Mark fayne. Justin Schultz. Adam Clendening. Jordan oesterle. Eric Gryba. Nikita nikitin. Andrew firenze and Oscar Klefbom. Klefbom was injured most of the season and the most gp was

Top 6 gp.
Sekera
Nurse
Fayne
Davidson
Schultz
Gryba

Seventh was Klefbom followed by some absurd games with Clendening Reinhart etc..

Sorry but the Columbus defence was

Jones
Johnson
Murray
Savard
Prout
Tyutin
Goloubef

And Talbot still put up .917 svp.

Bro put up .317 gaa in his only playoff run with cbj I meant in his post vezina season.

Like where are your facts that Talbot is just mediocre? You can say he's unproven but the facts say he's been good when he needs to be. I don't see how it's possible for anyone to put a .920 svp on that team unless if your prime lundqvist price.

The only sample size Talbot has put up is.
21GP. .941 SVP
36GP. .926 SVP
56GP .917 SVP >Edmonton Oilers. Schultz playing top 3 minutes.

Theres no other sample size. Like i said you can call him unproven, not mediocre.

Last edited:

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
One more thing to add.

Talbot's back up was Anders Nilsson.

He put a .936 SVP with a 1.71 GAA in the KHL last season (2nd best league in the world).

WITH Edmonton's defence in 26 games as the back up he put up a >.901 SVP with a 3.06 GAA! Thats out of the world bad.

Brobovsky's back up? Jonas Korpisalo who ONLY played 6 games less than Bob.

Put up a .918 SVP in the AHL last season.

PUT up a .920 SVP with the exact same defence.

Like your gonna come back to me and say Bob was injured but like dude you cant just ignore that fact. Bro might only be the starter next year because of his contract.

Last edited:

NeoCanuck

Jan 17, 2005
North Vancouver B.C.
Yes arguing over something I don't agree with =Hutton. Did you even read my post? Seemed pretty factual to me.

Can you seriously just take a chill pill? You didn't talk at all during the draft and here you are using passive aggressive language in reaction to every single person that might disagree with you on both the LWMD chat board and the voting polls. Just agree to disagree and move on. Be the bigger person. Posting "LOL" in all caps at the end of every sentence doesn't really help your cause.

Anyways, it's almost over. I'll gladly face either team with open arms in the Finals.

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
Can you seriously just take a chill pill? You didn't talk at all during the draft and here you are using passive aggressive language in reaction to every single person that might disagree with you on both the LWMD chat board and the voting polls. Just agree to disagree and move on. Be the bigger person. Posting "LOL" in all caps at the end of every sentence doesn't really help your cause.

Anyways, it's almost over. I'll gladly face either team with open arms in the Finals.

So its a problem of how i deliver my posts instead of the actual content. Boy are there some sensitive people in here.

I just disagreed about the Brobovsky point and you just think it was passive aggressive ignoring the other 95% of the post.

"Agree to disagree". Kind of ruins the point of discussing on an online hockey forum. I think its better to disagree and say why you disagree in the first place.

I apologize for the "LOL". If it offended some people though ill delete it.

I dont have some kind of beef with Tryamkin, it was a bit over the top. I just disagreed with his point thats all.

PS. Comparing me to Hutton makes you seem contradictory with your own passive aggressive comments.

NeoCanuck

Jan 17, 2005
North Vancouver B.C.
So its a problem of how i deliver my posts instead of the actual content. Boy are there some sensitive people in here.

I just disagreed about the Brobovsky point and you just think it was passive aggressive ignoring the other 95% of the post.

"Agree to disagree". Kind of ruins the point of discussing on an online hockey forum. I think its better to disagree and say why you disagree in the first place.

I apologize for the "LOL". If it offended some people though ill delete it.

I dont have some kind of beef with Tryamkin, it was a bit over the top. I just disagreed with his point thats all.

PS. Comparing me to Hutton makes you seem contradictory with your own passive aggressive comments.

I think you're misunderstanding the point of this entire draft. It isn't to analytically break everything down. It's to have fun. Once people take it too seriously, it defeats the purpose. We've had this happen a few times this year.

I could break down how you mentioned every single EDM d-man used this year but only used 7 of CBJ's d-men, when Ryan Murray was the only 82 game player on the back end for the Jackets, and the fact that they went through 13 different defenders last year. I like Bob when he's healthy because of how he plays, how athletic he is and the fact that he has a Vezina trophy under his belt.

He's injury prone, but if I had to pick between Bob vs Talbot in a 7 game series strictly based on play, I would pick Bob. You can throw as many stats as you want towards me, but that's my preference. I would pick Claude Giroux over any centre in the league due to how I much I enjoy him as a player. Analytically there probably are a ton of better options, but that's my preference. Ironically, here I am in the Finals with him!

An online hockey forum isn't meant strictly for debate and arguing. There's a time and place for it.

No one should be compared to the Sauron of Memes and Trolling. I take it back. ;)

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
I think you're misunderstanding the point of this entire draft. It isn't to analytically break everything down. It's to have fun. Once people take it too seriously, it defeats the purpose. We've had this happen a few times this year.

I could break down how you mentioned every single EDM d-man used this year but only used 7 of CBJ's d-men, when Ryan Murray was the only 82 game player on the back end for the Jackets, and the fact that they went through 13 different defenders last year. I like Bob when he's healthy because of how he plays, how athletic he is and the fact that he has a Vezina trophy under his belt.

He's injury prone, but if I had to pick between Bob vs Talbot in a 7 game series strictly based on play, I would pick Bob. You can throw as many stats as you want towards me, but that's my preference. I would pick Claude Giroux over any centre in the league due to how I much I enjoy him as a player. Analytically there probably are a ton of better options, but that's my preference. Ironically, here I am in the Finals with him!

An online hockey forum isn't meant strictly for debate and arguing. There's a time and place for it.

No one should be compared to the Sauron of Memes and Trolling. I take it back. ;)

But i listed the top 6GP for Edmonton right below. Same with Columbus. I only used the top 6 to really compare.

Top 6 gp.
Sekera
Nurse
Fayne
Davidson
Schultz
Gryba

Seventh was Klefbom followed by some absurd games with Clendening Reinhart etc..

Top 6 for CBJ was (no order)

Jones
Johnson
Murray
Savard
Prout
Tyutin
Goloubef

The other players i named was just to emphasize my point, but head to head i compared the top 6 which there clearly is a difference. Sekera the only Oiler to play >70 games.

You can say you would take Brobovsky, theres nothing wrong with that.

I just so happened to put out why i thought it was wrong and was hoping he would explain his decision. If he had said what you said then theres nothing i can argue against that. I just wanted some insight.

He just came into that thread, said that my team was average and implied that it basically isnt close and that i shouldnt have even made it this far and i just wanted to know why. If i went into your thread and said Philly is average, Giroux is overrated and theres no depth on the team, you would ask for an explanation too right? Im not trying to mean bad or do anything wrong. Its just how i format it, that might rub the people the wrong way.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Was this draft league not about having fun?

Why is there so much negativity and bickering.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad