The Logo/Uniform Design Thread.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
I would avoid using "BK" in any logo. ^^^^^^^

Aside from the obvious Burger King references..... The Crips street gang years ago adopted the "BK" logo from British Knights footwear to stand for "Blood Killa".

sparkychewbarky

Jan 27, 2012
What's gonna happen with Datsyuk?
I see that Arizona acquired his contract , but he's retiring?
I wonder if somehow he'd be available for Vegas at a discount, come expansion draft time (if he's back).
He'd be fun to have for a few years, as a "Knight"...

DATSYUK%20bk2%20home.jpg

DATSYUK%20bk2%20away.jpg

...or as an "Ace"...

DATSYUK%20aces%20home.jpg

DATSYUK%20aces%20away.jpg

Last edited:

sparkychewbarky

Jan 27, 2012
Are we resigned to the uniforms being black white grey and gold?

...pretty much, Noodles.

The logo and name are still up for grabs, but it's already been announced by the Vegas group that the colours WILL be gold, black and grey...No discussion!

BattleBorn suggested that the decision was made earlier because of arena interior colour matching.

The challenge then becomes IMO, to have the unis not look too similar to L.A., Pittsburgh or Boston.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
What's gonna happen with Datsyuk?
I see that Colorado acquired his contract , but he's retiring?
I wonder if somehow he'd be available for Vegas at a discount.
He'd be fun to have for a few years, as a "Knight"...

DATSYUK%20bk2%20home.jpg

DATSYUK%20bk2%20away.jpg

...or as an "Ace"...

DATSYUK%20aces%20home.jpg

DATSYUK%20aces%20away.jpg

You see wrong..it was Arizona.

Nice jersey presentation.

sparkychewbarky

Jan 27, 2012
This post confuses me greatly.

That's because it's a bit of wishful thinking on my part.
I'm a big Datsyuk fan, and (I believe) he's gonna play in Russia next year. (2016-2017).

Arizona acquired his contract (from Detroit) to step up a few notches in the draft, and to help reach the cap floor.

I'm not sure if he fits into Coyotes' long term plans.
If he returns to the NHL (2017-2018), would Arizona leave him unprotected in the expansion draft?
Again, it'd be fun to see him in a Vegas uni.

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
That's because it's a bit of wishful thinking on my part.
I'm a big Datsyuk fan, and (I believe) he's gonna play in Russia next year. (2016-2017).

Arizona acquired his contract (from Detroit) to step up a few notches in the draft, and to help reach the cap floor.

I'm not sure if he fits into Coyotes' long term plans.
If he returns to the NHL (2017-2018), would Arizona leave him unprotected in the expansion draft?
Again, it'd be fun to see him in a Vegas uni.

He's definitely retired and going to play in the KHL next year.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
The logo and name are still up for grabs, but it's already been announced by the Vegas group that the colours WILL be gold, black and grey...No discussion!

Craps table green, gold & white would be cool though. Not like 'cool' cool but like 'well obviously they're gonna' cool.

IceAce

Strait Trippin'
Jun 9, 2010
Philadelphia
I would avoid using "BK" in any logo. ^^^^^^^

Aside from the obvious Burger King references..... The Crips street gang years ago adopted the "BK" logo from British Knights footwear to stand for "Blood Killa".

It's also an abbreviation for the borough of Brooklyn.

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
...pretty much, Noodles.

BattleBorn suggested that the decision was made earlier because of arena interior colour matching.

The challenge then becomes IMO, to have the unis not look too similar to L.A., Pittsburgh or Boston.

Gotcha.

I honestly like the mock ups, I just think they're a bit dark and dreary tbh.

sparkychewbarky

Jan 27, 2012
The trend now, it seems, is to place meaningful or inspirational phrases on the inside of the collar.
The Leafs did this with their new sweaters...

collar.jpg

Whether it's "Aces" or "Knights", the motto that appears on the Nevada State flag would look just fine
on the inside of the Vegas team's collars...

COLLAR%20LV%202.jpg

Last edited:

Jonas1235

Jan 8, 2008
Calgary
I think they should do grey pants to be different. Maybe a solid black stripe with las vegas down the side. Be like a Dallas Stars retro look.

Butch 19

Go cart Mozart
May 12, 2006
Geographical Oddity
great - another Pacific Division team wearing black. :facepalm:

Where have all the good logo / jersey designers gone?

I still have not seen a LV team name / logo and/or jersey design that I like. It shouldn't be that difficult.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Plus until they say otherwise, they're going forward with the name Las Vegas. Foley said so, the league has been pumping the tires of a Las Vegas team, the twitter handle is under the name Las Vegas, and the team website is under the name Las Vegas.

You guys should stop expecting Nevada anything.

Freibahlen

Nov 27, 2010
Las Vegas
No doubt. I can't see it being the Nevada anything. The city is way too invested. MAYBE if there was another Nevada based team it could happen.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
How about red white and blue? The traditional colours of poker chips.

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Black, Gold and Silver are non-negotiable, per the Boss.

He left it open in his latest statements. He's said Black, Gold, and Silver forever. However, it's a lot more open than I thought it was a year ago. Plus, the locker room area is pretty neutral, there's no gold fixtures or black marble anywhere.

I still think it's black, gold, and silver, but I'm down from the 100% guarantee I'd have put on it months ago.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad