The Logo/Uniform Design Thread.

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
We've got a lot of time to talk team names, but let's get some pictures going so we can see some actual concepts.

If you find any uniform or logo designs that you think need to be seen by everyone, let's see them! If you find the designs you submit somewhere please provide a link to credit the artist.

My (obvious :laugh:) favorite comes from SparkyChewbarky, who posts here on HFBoards (hope he doesn't mind me dropping his designs here.) I'll leave the rest for him to post, but if the team looks anything like this I'm going to go broke buying Knights stuff.

The Las Vegas Black Knights:
LVK-01.jpg

If you're artistically inclined, there are free-use templates available by searching google for "blank nhl uniform template."

Last edited:

calvegas04

Jun 23, 2016
Las Vegas
I really like how the Las Vegas is spelled out on the jersey on the far right... I would like to see that on all three jerseys instead of the logo.

Freibahlen

Nov 27, 2010
Las Vegas
We've got a lot of time to talk team names, but let's get some pictures going so we can see some actual concepts.

If you find any uniform or logo designs that you think need to be seen by everyone, let's see them! If you find the designs you submit somewhere please provide a link to credit the artist.

My (obvious :laugh:) favorite comes from SparkyChewbarky, who posts here on HFBoards (hope he doesn't mind me dropping his designs here.) I'll leave the rest for him to post, but if the team looks anything like this I'm going to go broke buying Knights stuff.

The Las Vegas Black Knights:
LVK-01.jpg

If you're artistically inclined, there are free-use templates available by searching google for "blank nhl uniform template."
Now that I've seen it in uniform, I dig it much more than before. Waffling like a politician over here.

Really dig the parapet design added to the bottom of the sweater and legs.

Still not a big fan of shoulder patches.

One thing I'd love to see another team do is what Atlanta did on their 3rd blue jersey with Atlanta down the arm. Always thought it looked like gladiator armor. It was unique. Totally different than anything out there. Still have the two iterations of that one

Last edited:

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
They seem really mediocre AHL/ECHL. Maybe it's just me. Not trying to **** on them.

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
They seem really mediocre AHL/ECHL. Maybe it's just me. Not trying to **** on them.

I think that's going to be an issue with any design, any time something's new it doesn't really seem like it fits until you see it for a while.

When the Wild came out with their name and entire thing it seemed like a real misstep to me, now that they've been around for a while it's just normal.

The only sports design that's never felt right after a while is the Tennessee Titans, that still looks AFL to me.

Freibahlen

Nov 27, 2010
Las Vegas
I dig the one in my avatar. I'd drop the shield border and the point on the top. Maybe enlarge it a little. I'm kind of a minimalist. :)

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
If the jerseys were the ones in BB's OP - SparkyChewbarky's best work, IMO - I would already own a couple. My goodness, those are loverly.

Murf

Apr 10, 2007
WESTSIDE(of Gilbert)
If the jerseys were the ones in BB's OP - SparkyChewbarky's best work, IMO - I would already own a couple. My goodness, those are loverly.

Those designs really are solid. I suppose the team name will drive the jersey design, not the other way around, but if they go Knights or Black Knights those should be the jersey.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Unless the team name turns out to be "Aces", how about some primary colors, with no black? Is that so outrageous? These mock-ups are so boring and minor-league looking. Doesn't the city flag of vegas have blue and yellow in it? How about a minimalist logo?

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
You're thinking of Nevada's flag. I didn't know Vegas had a city flag but it's blue and gray (or is it white?)

13195690-United-States-of-America-Las-Vegas-city-flag-fluttering-in-the-wind-Stock-Photo.jpg

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
That's the flag I was thinking of. It's silver I'd say. But there is yellow in there. See that's what I'm thinking. Blue, Silver, Yellow and White uniforms, with a simplistic logo. Las Vegas Bighorns?
I just came up with one that I like: Las Vegas Silverbirds. I don't know what it means, but it's like Red Wings...who cares what it means. It's classic.

Also, even if they end up being "Aces" I don't think they need to have black in the uniform. Let's think outside the box.

alex716

Jan 10, 2014
I think Las Vegas Pharaohs would be a nice name. It's a reference to the Pyramid and the climate.

This one is nice.

ok-vegas-you-got-your-team-whatcha-gonna-call-yourselves-x-photos-32.jpg

I definately think they should have black and yellow. It suits the city. You already have two teams with this combination, but they are eastern teams. Black and red could work too, maybe even black red yellow.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad