Nevada IceCaps (Reno) [AHL]
MxsF0py.png

Utah Grizzlies (Salt Lake City) [ECHL]
TenDwLH.png

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Looks good.

If I had to guess, I'd say they're going to be very inspired by the Team Europe WCH uniforms, especially with the use of texture on the jersey itself and the "texture" look on the leaked hat.

On the Europe WCH away uniforms, Adidas used a texture on the shoulder yoke.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if it was similar on the Knights' uniforms. The Gray texture on the yoke with a black main jersey color or perhaps the reverse (gray textured main body with a black yoke.)

I was hoping they weren't going to do something crazy like Team Europe's home jerseys or the different color sleeves, the hat makes me feel more confident that the design won't be full on Team Europe or Thrashers-style crazy.

Reebok/Adidas uses different materials on different parts of each jersey they make. Most jerseys are made up of at least 2 different kinds of material. That texture is just a type of material, it seems to be new to the Adidas jerseys and is almost like a mesh with circular holes. It was on all the shoulders of the WCOH jerseys.

My guess is that all the new NHL jerseys will all have the same basic patterns of the WCOH jerseys with the different neck style and the shoulder material you mentioned.

Here's an example of a leaked authentic practice jersey with said material and neckline.

2017-18-adidas-nhl-practice-jersey-4.jpg

If you want to discuss potential patterns, I wouldn't be surprised to see them implement some sort of patterned fabric in certain jersey designs in order to attempt to create a more trendy look. They did it with the Team NA jersey, and that jersey seemed to be the most popular of the tournament.

cut.jpg

Vegas Mac

Golden Shellback
Jun 26, 2015
I like the idea of using minor league team names that are in line with the organization's main club. Kings are a good example with the Reign and Monarchs, Ducks have the Gulls, etc.

There is no shortage of names that align with Knights. Squires, Lancers, names of weapons, all kinds of things. And I'd put small Golden Knights' emblems on their shoulders, too.

The best organizations are aligned that way, and have each minor league team coaching the exact style and behavior they want to see when they reach the big club. Hopefully that's what we see right out the gate with the Golden Knights.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad