News Article: The Leafs have depth to address their weaknesses

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Exactly. He’ll do a 100 good things during those stretches but there will still be posters complaining about a turnover from 2 weeks earlier.

Yep, it'll drive me nuts in the moment but then I have to think "okay, the guy does way more good then bad"

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto
I'll say this.

I think we need to get Erik Karlsson from Ottawa.

We have a history of trades together, Toronto would be willing to pay a premium as its in the same province, and it would suit EK as he could stay in the same relative culture/area/etc.

Toronto needs to get a #1 RD. They can afford him both in salary cap and in prospects/picks to acquire him. He suits our age, our play style, our positional needs, and is a dead on fit.

Like Mess just said, how often do these players become available? They don't. When they do, pay through the nose.

I would not be surprised at all depending on how the playoffs go, to see us acquire him at the draft.

1st+Gardiner+Brown+conditional picks.
the leafs are mostly an offensive team. Bringing in Karlsson would be huge but is he really necessary? Reilly and him would be on the first pair and they are both offense minded. Bringing in a guy that is better defensively is a better idea.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad